Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Taking over our Property in Goa January

Taking over our Property in Goa January

Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Mum2randa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Taking over our Property in Goa January

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Hi mum2randa..we also have a place in the same village but at the other end. Best of luck with your new place. I'm sure it will be ok - the Acron owners I know seem fairly satisfied.
Thanks D4ve - is it a good place to be then? My husbands ancestral home is Candolim and we`ve visited there a few times, but I don`t really know the Arpora area that well. I have 7 year old twins to entertain while we are there, so hopefully the beaches will be relatively safe for them. I know the sea currents around Goa are very strong, so they won`t be doing any more than paddling there. Is the beach within walking distance?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mum2randa
Hi Remy,

The map shows it as being close to the Renton Manor resort - down the same road and a turn off to the right. I have only been there once before - three years ago when we visited and it had just been started. The area is called Tambudki I believe.
Where is the Abalone? Nice to know we will be neighbours - even if it is only for a few weeks every year!
Hi Mum2randa,

The Renton Manor and the Abalone are beside each other.....i know where you are now.....your just round the corner. Its a great little area with some fab restaurants.....The Spice Oven, Honey Bee, All Spice etc. Theres also a new shopping complex that should be completed by now and a great little internet cafe beside the Honey Bee as well as a cheap off sales.

You will LOVE it and i wish you every happiness in your new holiday home....being an Acron build everything should be of excellant quality as they have a great reputation.

Regards,
Remy

PS. Did'nt realise there was so many of us around Arpora.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Oct 5th 2009 at 2:39 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Agree with Remy's remarks. We like the village and the development you are buying at is in a good location I would say. I've seen the Villa Vera site but I can't remember how far from the centre of the village it is. I think it's walking distance.

Arpora is inland a bit and hence nowhere near as built up as say Candolim or Calangute but conversely its got enough amenities to not need to go elsewhere in the evenings if you don't want to. As Remy says there are several decent restaurants and local shops etc.

Nearest beach is Baga - a couple of miles away. Busy and, as you say, you have to be careful of currents. No doubt your development will have a pool though.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Agree with Remy's remarks. We like the village and the development you are buying at is in a good location I would say. I've seen the Villa Vera site but I can't remember how far from the centre of the village it is. I think it's walking distance.

Arpora is inland a bit and hence nowhere near as built up as say Candolim or Calangute but conversely its got enough amenities to not need to go elsewhere in the evenings if you don't want to. As Remy says there are several decent restaurants and local shops etc.

Nearest beach is Baga - a couple of miles away. Busy and, as you say, you have to be careful of currents. No doubt your development will have a pool though.
There is a taxi stand at the Renton Manor.

100rs to Baga/ Calangute.

If you walk a further 50 yards to the Church/Bus Stop its 80 rupees to Baga/Calangute on one of the Rickshaws or only 5 Rupees on the bus.

From the Villa Vera complex you can walk through the little forest unto the road beside the Baga River. You can walk this way to Baga Beach past Marina Dorahda (spelt wrong, i know) on past the Royal Beach Resort/Waterpark past The Lila Cafe (german Bakery and great breakfast spot) over the Baga Bridge on on up to the Baga Road. I can walk from the Renton to Brittos on Baga Beach in about 25 minutes at a stroll. Its a nice little walk if its not too hot.

Regards,
Remy
Old Oct 5th 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

...I know the sea currents around Goa are very strong, so they won`t be doing any more than paddling there. ..
even paddling is NOT safe on Goa beaches

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by a_f_d
even paddling is NOT safe on Goa beaches

AndyD 8-)#
Thanks Andy, it would be very, very shallow paddling under very close supervision for the kids. (hand holding etc!) I`ve felt the pull as the waves recede on Candolim beach and it was quite scary the strength of the water!
We do have a pool at the complex so our swimming will be confimed to there.

Thank you all so much for all the information, you`ve all been great. I just hope it stops raining there soon or we will be swopping rain clouds here for bigger ones there! At least it will be warmer there
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just noticed the picture,
Is this you and your chidren?nice picture,Be happy I have just come off the phone to a friend in Goa,admitted in the south but it has stopped raining.
You will be to busy to notice anyway shopping for your new home,wish I was with you,I had such fun shopping for mine and putting my own touches to it,great fun in the market
GC
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Just noticed the picture,
Is this you and your chidren?nice picture,Be happy I have just come off the phone to a friend in Goa,admitted in the south but it has stopped raining.
You will be to busy to notice anyway shopping for your new home,wish I was with you,I had such fun shopping for mine and putting my own touches to it,great fun in the market
GC
Yes, that`s me and the children, taken about three years ago in Wales (on holiday). Unfortunately, they have grown up a lot since and become very cheeky - still love em lots though! Hooray, pleased to hear it has stopped raining - I`ll have to keep my fingers crossed it stays that way -
Yes, I`m really looking forward to going out and spending some money on the apartment - we have some basics in there already, but need something to sit on, curtains, coffee tables etc, etc. So, plenty to keep me busy
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mum2randa
Yes, that`s me and the children, taken about three years ago in Wales (on holiday). Unfortunately, they have grown up a lot since and become very cheeky - still love em lots though! Hooray, pleased to hear it has stopped raining - I`ll have to keep my fingers crossed it stays that way -
Yes, I`m really looking forward to going out and spending some money on the apartment - we have some basics in there already, but need something to sit on, curtains, coffee tables etc, etc. So, plenty to keep me busy
Have fun girl!! its the best part and don't forget to barter and get your bargains
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:23 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Have fun girl!! its the best part and don't forget to barter and get your bargains
Another 'fun game' is buying some stuff in the UK & cunning plans to 'beat your airline' in order to get stuff out there in addition to your normal luggage - Monarch charge £17.50 for 20kg of golf equipment booked online - absolutely amazing what you can get in a golf bag (complete with travel cover) & what's more the check in staff don't seem the least bit interested - thought I'd get a few more 'strange looks' when collecting my HUGE golf bag off the carousel at Dabolim. . . . . . . . . . . .

H.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hemingway
Another 'fun game' is buying some stuff in the UK & cunning plans to 'beat your airline' in order to get stuff out there in addition to your normal luggage - Monarch charge £17.50 for 20kg of golf equipment booked online - absolutely amazing what you can get in a golf bag (complete with travel cover) & what's more the check in staff don't seem the least bit interested - thought I'd get a few more 'strange looks' when collecting my HUGE golf bag off the carousel at Dabolim. . . . . . . . . . . .

H.
What an absolutely fabulous idea, it cost you £45 for 5kg with Thomas Cook,must try this
GC
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:42 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

What an absolutely fabulous idea, it cost you £45 for 5kg with Thomas Cook,must try this
GC
It works on Monarch!

Golf bag off Ebay = £0.99

Golf bag travel cover off Ebay = £4.00

20kg of Golf equipment on Monarch booked online = £17.50

Getting one over on a charter airline = PRICELESS!

Thomas Cook is a 'different kettle of fish' - they only book golf equipment return @ £40.00 - the Monarch £17.50 is one way, plus if you try & take a 'special item' as excess baggage on TC longhaul, it's £10.00 PER KILO!
However, on TC Premium () you have a 30kg luggage allowance AND 'special items(&skis )' can form part of your luggage allowance, so because NO COUPLE can possibly require 60kgs of luggage when tweeking in Goa, you should always be able to get a few 'legitamate' extras out there at no extra cost to yourself. . . . . . . . . .

H.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

It works on Monarch!

Golf bag off Ebay = £0.99

Golf bag travel cover off Ebay = £4.00

20kg of Golf equipment on Monarch booked online = £17.50

Getting one over on a charter airline = PRICELESS!

Thomas Cook is a 'different kettle of fish' - they only book golf equipment return @ £40.00 - the Monarch £17.50 is one way, plus if you try & take a 'special item' as excess baggage on TC longhaul, it's £10.00 PER KILO!
However, on TC Premium () you have a 30kg luggage allowance AND 'special items(&skis )' can form part of your luggage allowance, so because NO COUPLE can possibly require 60kgs of luggage when tweeking in Goa, you should always be able to get a few 'legitamate' extras out there at no extra cost to yourself. . . . . . . . . .

H.
H.... you really know how to shop for a fight bargain,because we have now gpt our property we leave a lot of stuff out there,but last year we took at lot of stuff out for the street kids and I called TC to see how much they would charge us for 5kg extra one way,they gave us 10kg and charged us for 5kg £45 as it was for the kids
We always take loads of stuff out every year for the kids so in April I will get a monach flight.
Any chance you can shop for a golf bag and cover off eBay for me
GC
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:27 pm
I love apathy!

Any chance you can shop for a golf bag and cover off eBay for meGC
Don't be asking for things you don't really want - I've got TWO of EACH of the bloody things sat in South Goa right now that I want to get rid of - tell me where you want them dropping off & they're in a tourist taxi on the way to you as soon as you are there - all you've got to do is get them back to the UK to 'recycle' them again as I did. . . . . . . . . . . . .

H.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Don't be asking for things you don't really want - I've got TWO of EACH of the bloody things sat in South Goa right now that I want to get rid of - tell me where you want them dropping off & they're in a tourist taxi on the way to you as soon as you are there - all you've got to do is get them back to the UK to 'recycle' them again as I did. . . . . . . . . . . . .

H.
Now H this might be easier than you think,Most of the time we come back empty,Could they fold into a case, if they will your on................I kid you not my friend if you are serious about getting rid......Ill be in touch
GC You just might have solved my problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.