Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Positive sides of Goa

Positive sides of Goa

Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Hot Buffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Positive sides of Goa

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well .... one mans nightmare is another mans dream ...... notwithstanding the property problems which of course are horrendous, not everyone seems to agree with you
Its one tyhing to express you dont like a place, but its another to aggressively insult a whole country and its people as was done

Anyway .......back on a positive topic
To tell the truth i love it too,but to tell people to go and take prozac washed down with vodka sounds like a suicide site,and given that people stuck are all year round having to come out for visas,it is just a nightmare.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hot Buffy
Fine, i just did not think it was not the best thing to say anybody stuck in that place.Sorry.Nightmare comes to mind.what jose1 says is the truth,sorry.
Sorry beg to differ, but how do you actually know Jose1 is speaking the truth in all that she or he has stated in the terms of flies cauing people be have been bed ridden for weeks! Well how does one know the flies was responible for this. There are not that many flies after all.

People are upset re properties and visas and until this issue this sorted peoples frustations are coming out, hence they are calling Goa with bad mouth and using it as a release mechanism.

Sunglow.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Positive sides of Goa for me;

The warm air, the sunshine, the clearest blue sky.
The many smiling nodding heads and the array of beautiful colours...saffron, yellow, red and green. The young ladies with their saris blowing in the breeze.
The sea eagles hovering overhead as the water buffalos graze in the fields.
The young barefoot children skipping and hopping toward school with the most infectious smile on their faces. The cows strolling along like Goa belongs to them and they only tolerate us because they are indeed holy. The sugar cane machines at the road side offering refreshment from the midday heat.
The smell of nag champa and spices that fill the village air. The saltiness of the arabian sea that hangs in the coastal air. The golden sands that appear to be infinate as people from all over the world stand in awe of their beauty.
The beach shacks which contain the most diverse blend of peoples from around the world staring at one another in bewilderment as Bob Marley sings 'don't worry about a thing' from the shacks sound system.

This is only a few things i like about Goa from the top of my head and i could go on and on and on....the fabulous sunsets, the fishing boats etc, etc etc.

Goa for me is still the best place in the world and i hope it will always remain that way.

Remy
I agree with everything Remy says.
There are things in Goa which could do with being improved but then there are lots of areas in the UK where rubbish litters the streets, and lots of places where men relieve themselves in the street. In our local town the stairwell in the multi story car park stinks like a toilet as does the underpass.
Nowhere is absolutely perfect but Goa comes pretty close.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:08 am
Banned

jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gawd it takes all sorts,I should think people voting with their wallets this coming season will avail all,....Ok Ill ask the next fly I meet if its carrying infection,mind theres million upon million in every yard of space, Goa near perfect had to sit down for that one, Goa definately needs people posting positive comments,not many positive comments come from the vast majority,enjoy it,see how you feel after a few weeks there,return air ticket firmly in hand
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jose1
Gawd it takes all sorts,I should think people voting with their wallets this coming season will avail all,....Ok Ill ask the next fly I meet if its carrying infection,mind theres million upon million in every yard of space, Goa near perfect had to sit down for that one, Goa definately needs people posting positive comments,not many positive comments come from the vast majority,enjoy it,see how you feel after a few weeks there,return air ticket firmly in hand
Unfortunatley when you live in Goa all the time and have no choice now because of all the issues over the property problems it has got to many of us in a big way, the difference in living here all the time and just on holiday is so different in a way no one can describe from going shopping to dealing with plummers, electricians builders or even telephone people its all to much like hard work, cos your a outsider you came against so many hurdles just to do a simple task and its getting worse everyday.
Its taken the fun out of living here and it has just become one continous chore.
The government and the goan people have got blinkers on and dont see any of the rubbish, bad electric all the buildings going up and the land being clear for further development and general choas in Goa and i really dont think they care as long as they get their money during the season.
My friends still come back for their 3 week holidays as they only see everything functioning in the hotels and restaurants that open during the season time they have their blinkers on to if you like.
For me sorry ive had enough of it all i wish it had got better in the last few years but it hasnt and these issues with the government are only the icing on the cake so to speak.
I feel very sorry for the few goan people who care what happens and need the tourists to earn money to live, but they just havent got the backbone to fight the government and the fate of Goa lies in their hands only.
I wish i could be positive but ive had the guts ripped out of me and have very little to be positive about....
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:26 am
Banned

Just wanted to say on a positive note,as Im leaving (yes Ive sold) that the last comment says it all,people might put Goas problem out of sight,out of mind theory for a short time,but they do stare at you in the face.All the petitions ,all the comments in the thread "in todays newspapers" says it all,people want out,there is not one person in Goa owning property that I have met who wants to stay,the dozens of property owners who did not sign the petition to Downing St were rightfully frightened of their visa applications,if they dont get you one way ,they ll get you the next.
Got all the Prozac and vodka I need,it comes in airline ticket form (outa here),Ill leave it to the Irish one to take the real thing,clueless is as clueless does.
I feel desperately sorry for everyone wanting to get out of Goa,the more desperate the bigger the problem,i am postive about Goa though,things will most certainly get a whole lot worse,good luck to everyone who is looking for the escape .

Last edited by jose1; Jul 27th 2009 at 7:59 am.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Birdy num num is an unknown quantity at this point

Jose 1
Have read all your comments, and see someone who has had a very lucky escape but is racked with anger... You are not out of it yet.... until you repatriate your dosh....I take it you will be travelling out of Dabolim? Remember the fate of quite a few expats who have been caught with more than their allocated cash amount? Be very careful if you are taking this route, or Goa will bite you in the arse as you finally leave, and that would be a shame wouldnt it?

On the other hand, dont even think about the banking route for your funds by transfer back to the UK, unless you have no need of them for the next 30 yrs or so!
Try chatting to other expat friends and do a swop for liquid cash in exchange for a good old UK bank cheque....(Just a suggestion)
It is a great shame that we all leave Goa with such a bitter memory of it's bad sides...coming back to good old blighty is traumatic enough, without having to knock the place that we used to love so much... It also leaves a very bad taste in your mouth, where it is very hard to trust anyone again in whatever country you go to next....Try and forgive em ? (it will be good for your soul in the long term)

Birdy
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:30 pm
Banned

Good to know Ive a fan club Birdy Num Num. Money all taken care of Birdy and did you know it is possible to get the cash paid in the UK?,and who said anything about returning to Blighty?
I have had an exceeding lucky escape,and do I know it,leaving it with a bad taste in my mouth/not trusting anyone? there is one specific people that if you have read my posts I would not trust my own shadow with.
Here I am damn it waiting to get to bed in my rented flat only to find a wasps nest virtually next to my bed , ah! but this is Goa ,waiting for it to clear,thats why I unexpectedly find myself back on the comp,killing time.PS please tell em at Dabolim Im passing through,nothing to declare,except freedom pure unadulterated freedom (the adultery bit was good though,thanks Goa)
Forgive them?,you mean the Goans,nothing to forgive for they know not what they are doing,or words to that effect ,and one more thing,bollocks to my soul.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Listen folks ......Life is about choices and its as simple as that.

If you don't like Goa and its depressing you that much then leave it.
Douglas ' the mighty one' was the first that we had heard of that faced the property, visa problems and he boarded up his villa and went to Malaysia.
He cant do anything regarding selling until the legal issues are sorted out but this did'nt stop him from moving on with his life. He started the 'Buyer Beware' thread and informed everyone of the situation. Now the property fiasco has made a lot of people bitter and rightly so.....but the same people obviously loved Goa or they would never have bought in the first place. I wonder if the property problems had never have arisen would there be so much bad mouthing going on.

By all means bad mouth Goa...i have complained about many things on Goa on this site for years but never with such malicious venom. Believe me being from Northern Ireland i have seen what this sort of bigotted hatred does to people.

Listen bad mouth away folks but as this thread is called 'Positive sides of Goa' and many of yous are off topic can i suggest that you open a 'negative side of Goa' thread where those that want to dwell on the negatives can post to their hearts content.

As for Jose's posts.....CONTEMPT.

Regards,
Remy

PS. maybe clueless but thank God im not so bitter.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hot Buffy
To tell the truth i love it too,but to tell people to go and take prozac washed down with vodka sounds like a suicide site,and given that people stuck are all year round having to come out for visas,it is just a nightmare.

Hot Buffy, who is stuck in Goa???

Is Goa not letting people leave???
Are people being held there against their will...this is news to me.

Like i say....its all about choices. If your in an unhappy marriage then get out of it and move on....lifes too short.

Regards,
Remy
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Hot Buffy, who is stuck in Goa???

Is Goa not letting people leave???
Are people being held there against their will...this is news to me.

Like i say....its all about choices. If your in an unhappy marriage then get out of it and move on....lifes too short.

Regards,
Remy
Hate to say it Remy some of us are stuck in Goa as i for one havent got the capital to move anywhere else until i sell, and yes if it was my choice i'd now leave.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Hate to say it Remy some of us are stuck in Goa as i for one havent got the capital to move anywhere else until i sell, and yes if it was my choice i'd now leave.

Dont agree.....you can still come back to the UK and rent or live with friends, relatives until you get on your feet. I have had to do this myself in the past....and lived in a homeless hostel for a while after a marriage breakdown.

Obviously not ideal but it is still your choice to stay there.
If i hated any place as much as many on here...i definately would'nt be there period. Now everyone on here knows the sympathy that i have for those of you caught up in the property mess but i think all this malicious badmouthing could very well backfire and really up the anti in Goa against FNs.

Let me put it to you this way.....if you where of Goan origin reading some of the posts of late.....how would you feel regarding the names, abuse and insults that has been bestowed upon them through recent threads????

Would it encourage you to rally support for the FN cause?

I know for a fact that there are many British Goans on this site who have supported the FN cause to the full.....but after the recent abuse and namecalling and insults thrown at the Goan people lately...you can kiss all that goodbye. If i were a Goan i would be livid and it would certainly make me more anti FN.

Folks, a lot of people on here are shooting themselves in the foot.
When the Goan media gets hold of these insults you can kiss your visas and properties goodbye.....Please think before posting.
Jose does'nt care as hes's out of Goa although why he stays here and hurls abuse...i don't understand......but the rest of you are'nt....think about it folks.

Regards,
Remy
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Dont agree.....you can still come back to the UK and rent or live with friends, relatives until you get on your feet. I have had to do this myself in the past....and lived in a homeless hostel for a while after a marriage breakdown.

Obviously not ideal but it is still your choice to stay there.
If i hated any place as much as many on here...i definately would'nt be there period. Now everyone on here knows the sympathy that i have for those of you caught up in the property mess but i think all this malicious badmouthing could very well backfire and really up the anti in Goa against FNs.

Let me put it to you this way.....if you where of Goan origin reading some of the posts of late.....how would you feel regarding the names, abuse and insults that has been bestowed upon them through recent threads????

Would it encourage you to rally support for the FN cause?

I know for a fact that there are many British Goans on this site who have supported the FN cause to the full.....but after the recent abuse and namecalling and insults thrown at the Goan people lately...you can kiss all that goodbye. If i were a Goan i would be livid and it would certainly make me more anti FN.

When the Goan media gets hold of these insults you can kiss your visas and properties goodbye.....Please think before posting.
Jose does'nt care as hes's out of Goa although why he stays here and hurls abuse...i don't understand......but the rest of you are'nt....think about it folks.

Regards,
Remy
Well said Remy! You are correct in what you are saying. These insults and bad mouthing is not doing any good at all and will make matters worse!

Sunglow.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Well said Remy! You are correct in what you are saying. These insults and bad mouthing is not doing any good at all and will make matters worse!

Sunglow.
Yes I will second this as well !

I have not entered into this "debate" as I didn't like the ways things were going, the thread is called Positive Sides and should be adhered to yes we have all known for years the bad things about Goa hence the birth of " Buyer Beware," the new Downing St Petition etc so can we please get back on track ?

"UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL"
Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Remy said
Hear Hear Remy!

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.