Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Positive sides of Goa

Positive sides of Goa

Old Jul 25th 2009, 8:48 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Positive sides of Goa

Originally Posted by Sukumar
if this how u feel about goa and indians,
why do you wish to stay here and keep on ranting about its negatives - u are welcome to leave and not come back.........
Thank you so much for pointing that out, I did not realise.

if this how u feel about goa and indians,
My post has nothing to do with "how I feel", it was a list of facts..........can you honestly claim any of them to be totally untrue?

Last edited by johnny five; Jul 25th 2009 at 8:57 am.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 10:37 am
Banned

Sukumar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnny five
And this is not really a tourist forum, thats why it is called BritishExpats!

And Expats have to use the local markets throughout the year. We do not "visit the market many times", we shop there several times a week, 52 weeks a year, and its horrific!

And during the monsoon period, a visit to Mapusa market means a thorough washing of feet and footwear with disinfectant when you get home.

And the "dried up river bed" is a purpose built, man-made, open sewer......deliberate!

And the dead bodies belong to derelicts, drunks, beggars, dossers, and generally they are inconsiderate enough to expire on the spot. Such is the caring nature of this place, they are left to fester.

Indians will piss anywhere and everywhere. Always have done, always will. Its genetic. If they put a security guard in charge (muffled laughter) they would probably piss on him too!

The Goa government acting on issues like this? Now there's an interesting concept. This bunch of corrupt buffoons have not acted on any issue that did not directly affect their survival in power for years, and believe me, they are not going to start anytime soon..................
(SNIP) - by generalising an entire nation and speaking of "genetics" of an entire race.
as informed earlier - u are free to leave India / goa if u feel so indifferently about india / indians........
all the best!!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 25th 2009 at 3:49 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 10:58 am
Banned

jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

(SNIP)by generalising an entire nation and speaking of "genetics" of an entire race.
as informed earlier - u are free to leave India / goa if u feel so indifferently about india / indians........ all the best!!

Oh I am I am! and how!!!! your filthy disease ridden, rotten, vile, stench ridden, corrupt country its all yours to you and yours utterly fithly vile stinking dump ,takeit do not pass it on to anybody its a shit hole.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 25th 2009 at 3:50 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 11:12 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Sukumar
Your posts and language are inaccurate and offensive.

Your use of red print is deliberately rude

This is a public forum where free speech is encouraged but personal attacks are not, thank you.

Whatever is bugging you, please do not bring it here.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:03 pm
Banned

Sukumar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jose1
u sound illiterate and arrogant, to say the least - by generalising an entire nation and speaking of "genetics" of an entire race.
as informed earlier - u are free to leave India / goa if u feel so indifferently about india / indians........ all the best!!

Oh I am I am! and how!!!! your filthy disease ridden, rotten, vile, stench ridden, corrupt country its all yours to you and yours utterly fithly vile stinking dump ,takeit do not pass it on to anybody its a shit hole.
all the best to you too son - wherever u come from.we do not need people who do not respect india - for whatever it is!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sukumar
all the best to you too son - wherever u come from.we do not need people who do not respect india - for whatever it is!
Right! Lets stop all these personal attacks and get back to the subject of the Positive Sides of Goa.

The Lions Group have a big input in Goa with helping the poor people maybe they could take a look at what is happening re the dead bodies being left behind the bus station. A govenment department, the church or charity needs to check out this statement as it is shocking!

Sunglow.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Right! Lets stop all these personal attacks and get back to the subject of the Positive Sides of Goa.

The Lions Group have a big input in Goa with helping the poor people maybe they could take a look at what is happening re the dead bodies being left behind the bus station. A govenment department, the church or charity needs to check out this statement as it is shocking!

Sunglow.
Positive sides of Goa for me;

The warm air, the sunshine, the clearest blue sky.
The many smiling nodding heads and the array of beautiful colours...saffron, yellow, red and green. The young ladies with their saris blowing in the breeze.
The sea eagles hovering overhead as the water buffalos graze in the fields.
The young barefoot children skipping and hopping toward school with the most infectious smile on their faces. The cows strolling along like Goa belongs to them and they only tolerate us because they are indeed holy. The sugar cane machines at the road side offering refreshment from the midday heat.
The smell of nag champa and spices that fill the village air. The saltiness of the arabian sea that hangs in the coastal air. The golden sands that appear to be infinate as people from all over the world stand in awe of their beauty.
The beach shacks which contain the most diverse blend of peoples from around the world staring at one another in bewilderment as Bob Marley sings 'don't worry about a thing' from the shacks sound system.

This is only a few things i like about Goa from the top of my head and i could go on and on and on....the fabulous sunsets, the fishing boats etc, etc etc.

Goa for me is still the best place in the world and i hope it will always remain that way.

Remy
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:49 am
Banned

beatlenut is on a distinguished road

Yes plenty of positives, cycling in the Goa countryside and small villages where nobody gives a hoot and get on with there everyday live's, washing, farming etc gentle smiles and waves and not just for my rupee's, a taxi free zone (no taxi mister no business) and no 80 rupees kingfisher, its my little escape from the beach belt, everyone should try it now and then, just go out and literally get lost and explore you will see something different each time, even got to going on the ferries they are still free and see the islands and the real Goa and afterwards still see the sunset in my favourite shack on the beach bliss.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

oktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant future

Very well put Remy - your description of goa reminded me of our last trip there too long ago. I second your thoughts. I think one needs to have peace of mind to see the positives in any place or situation which a lot of people here do not have and are very angry - understandable and perhaps attributed to the difficult situation many face with regards to their properties and visas. i do hope things get better for them and they are in a happier situation in their lives to be able to see the positives in goa or where ever they happen to be. having had the good fortune to have lived and worked in different countries, I realize that every place has its positives and negatives and if one has the fortitude to look at the glass as half full (rather than half empty), happiness can be found in any situation.

The warm air, the sunshine, the clearest blue sky.
The many smiling nodding heads and the array of beautiful colours...saffron, yellow, red and green. The young ladies with their saris blowing in the breeze.
The sea eagles hovering overhead as the water buffalos graze in the fields.
The young barefoot children skipping and hopping toward school with the most infectious smile on their faces. The cows strolling along like Goa belongs to them and they only tolerate us because they are indeed holy. The sugar cane machines at the road side offering refreshment from the midday heat.
The smell of nag champa and spices that fill the village air. The saltiness of the arabian sea that hangs in the coastal air. The golden sands that appear to be infinate as people from all over the world stand in awe of their beauty.
The beach shacks which contain the most diverse blend of peoples from around the world staring at one another in bewilderment as Bob Marley sings 'don't worry about a thing' from the shacks sound system.

This is only a few things i like about Goa from the top of my head and i could go on and on and on....the fabulous sunsets, the fishing boats etc, etc etc.

Goa for me is still the best place in the world and i hope it will always remain that way.

Remy[/QUOTE]

Last edited by oktata; Jul 26th 2009 at 2:34 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:41 pm
Banned

beatlenut is on a distinguished road

I am here for much more than 2 weeks, lets say 50 weeks, give or take a couple of weeks for visa's, I dont play in the cow dung and I dont take any sugarcane flies to bed and I get enough of murder's and rapes on CSI on AXN.
And the last time that I walked on the beach it was a golden colour, just enjoy life as its too short to live it angry and upset, and the best motto to have is dont let the bast*rds grind you down, be happy, we only have one life unless you change to become a Hindu and keep coming back for more.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jose1
Stay here for more than 2 weeks then you notice the cow shit, the filth,the sugar cane machines complete with flies that leave you bedridden for days on end with stomach problems ,likewise the shellfish,Bob Marley playing every other play,the murders, rapes, corruption being played out before your very eyes,just where are the golden sands,if they are there now they sure as hell will be gone in a short space of time,the smell of urine that obviously is masked by the Arabian sea air,we shall see just how popular Goa is this next season,if general forecasts are correct the two or three that have posted positive on here will be the only tourists here,good for you,have it ,have my share and welcome to it.
You need help and some serious therapy mate.
Try some Prozac and wash it down with vodka.

PS. This thread is about the Positive Side of Goa so your negative comments are nothing more than slanderous remarks from imho a very bitter and twisted individual who from here on will be treated with contempt by me. My glass is half full not half empty.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jul 26th 2009 at 7:06 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Hot Buffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
You need help and some serious therapy mate.
Try some Prozac and wash it down with vodka.

PS. This thread is about the Positive Side of Goa so your negative comments are nothing more than slanderous remarks from imho a very bitter and twisted individual who from here on will be treated with contempt by me. My glass is half full not half empty.
Hello Remy-Ireland, With Respect sir,if you lived hear more than 3 weeks at a time you would feel the same,i wonder if you rent your place out when not there,and that is why you made such remarks,you worried that it will scare the tourists away and then no bookings for you,telling anybody to take Prozac washed down with Vodka is just not nice in fact it is pretty damn nasty.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hot Buffy
Hello Remy-Ireland, With Respect sir,if you lived hear more than 3 weeks at a time you would feel the same,i wonder if you rent your place out when not there,and that is why you made such remarks,you worried that it will scare the tourists away and then no bookings for you,telling anybody to take Prozac washed down with Vodka is just not nice in fact it is pretty damn nasty.

Im afraid taken in context with the post he was referring to it was fairly calm!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Hot Buffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Im afraid taken in context with the post he was referring to it was fairly calm!
Fine, i just did not think it was not the best thing to say anybody stuck in that place.Sorry.Nightmare comes to mind.what jose1 says is the truth,sorry.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hot Buffy
Fine, i just did not think it was not the best thing to say anybody stuck in that place.Sorry.Nightmare comes to mind.what jose1 says is the truth,sorry.
Well .... one mans nightmare is another mans dream ...... notwithstanding the property problems which of course are horrendous, not everyone seems to agree with you
Its one tyhing to express you dont like a place, but its another to aggressively insult a whole country and its people as was done

Anyway .......back on a positive topic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.