Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Last will in testament!!!

Last will in testament!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Last will in testament!!!

Just for your information Mrs M who's husband died in November made a will with Mr B with a goan advocate 3 years ago.
All the british banks, pensions and private pensions have honoured thi will, HDFC here in goa, but the state Bank of india havent they ve stated that she is a FN and the will is void. so they haye told her to take them to court for Mr B's fixed deposits.... watch ths space another goan scam...
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last will in testament!!!

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Just for your information Mrs M who's husband died in November made a will with Mr B with a goan advocate 3 years ago.
All the british banks, pensions and private pensions have honoured thi will, HDFC here in goa, but the state Bank of india havent they ve stated that she is a FN and the will is void. so they haye told her to take them to court for Mr B's fixed deposits.... watch ths space another goan scam...

Bl**dy hell we had wills written 3 years ago in Goa what a bl**dy laugh that was it took all day at the sub registrar and it cost nigh on as much as we paid for our wills in the UK.Now you are telling me it isn't worth the paper it is written on.I would tell Mrs M to get back to the advocate that put it together for her and threaten to pull his scrotums in a vice to start with,then if that don't work I can think of other things she could try.
GC willless by the sounds of it in Goa
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:20 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Bl**dy hell we had wills written 3 years ago in Goa what a bl**dy laugh that was it took all day at the sub registrar and it cost nigh on as much as we paid for our wills in the UK.Now you are telling me it isn't worth the paper it is written on.I would tell Mrs M to get back to the advocate that put it together for her and threaten to pull his scrotums in a vice to start with,then if that don't work I can think of other things she could try.
GC willless by the sounds of it in Goa
We did the same, in the registrar office 9.30 - 4.45 - it is not worth the paper it is written on, as according to the authorities we should not have bought the house that we have willed to our children
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

More is an unknown quantity at this point

We were told 4 years ago by the state bank, that RBIs rules were that FNs could only have a bank account for the length of their visa. Has anyone else every come across that? We now bank with HDFC who don't seem to care, but how legal are we? We have also made a will which cost 5000 Rupees in total for both of us. We were told because the will is registered it does not need to be proved in Goa, but who knows!! This place shocks us all daily.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:43 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by More
We were told 4 years ago by the state bank, that RBIs rules were that FNs could only have a bank account for the length of their visa. Has anyone else every come across that? We now bank with HDFC who don't seem to care, but how legal are we? We have also made a will which cost 5000 Rupees in total for both of us. We were told because the will is registered it does not need to be proved in Goa, but who knows!! This place shocks us all daily.
Bank Account/Duration of visa?

100% correct..........for sure, definite!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Mrs M"s advocate (the one who wrote the will) is fuming, he has stated that the bank is accusing him of faud, and intends to go all the way for her. first of all they refused to give her in writing the reason for the refusal, then relented and then we had a message to say a letter had been written, which clearly states being a FN the will is void!!!!!
THe advocate is fighting this in court so i will keep you updated..
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:17 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Mrs M"s advocate (the one who wrote the will) is fuming, he has stated that the bank is accusing him of faud, and intends to go all the way for her. first of all they refused to give her in writing the reason for the refusal, then relented and then we had a message to say a letter had been written, which clearly states being a FN the will is void!!!!!
THe advocate is fighting this in court so i will keep you updated..
The banks can offer me 50% interest, but I withdraw all but 500 rups last season, don't trust them. Freezing of our accounts will be next.
I am sure you will join with me and wish Mrs. M all the best at what is a very stressful time for her.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Think we most definatley need to ask the BHC about this situation, as i think someone ask about wills in the previous meeting, i think aguy mentioned that if you have property here your next of kin (who you leave yor property to) have to reside here for 183 days before they can "IF" take procession of the said property , well how will that happen now the visa rule has changed.
The only way i can see out of this one is to give an indian power of attorney.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

does anyone know if inheritance tax is payable on the deceased's estate in Goa as it is in the UK?