Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

How was your stay in Goa!

How was your stay in Goa!

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:36 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice
Default Re: How was your stay in Goa!

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
For the sake of accuracy and it being a Sunday morning with little else to do, I just checked out the Holiday Rentals site for two bedroom apartments in Goa. The price range was from130-00 pounds for an inland apartment at Karaswada to 400-00 pounds for a stunning 150 sq metre place on Chorao Goa Island. A lot of the properties were 250-00 a week plus and 300-00 plus not uncommon. Yes I know its sad that I even bothered to look but like I said it is Sunday morning!
If i was forced to pay these prices, good bye to Goa, ive enjoyed but not worth these prices, i aint short of a bob or two, but i like value for money.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 11:45 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
If i was forced to pay these prices, good bye to Goa, ive enjoyed but not worth these prices, i aint short of a bob or two, but i like value for money.
Of course, those who pay top wack, if they like Goa soon find they have been diddled, and look around for next year. Long termers at the Highland and the Regal Apartments are paying around £1000 a month, unless it is from a friend!. What would you say is the norm Andy for these type of properties.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Exactly Noni - I'm afraid it all smacks of colonialism and keeping the indigenous population ''in there place'' - In fact steveb's bi line is indicative of his view.
You may be right SteveK, and it could be a general trend.
Even my pathetic attempt at starting a thread for Indian 'artistic endeavor' ended in 'praise the British Raj' posts.
(I was subsequently castigated on another thread for "promoting all things Injun") .
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:31 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bipat
You may be right SteveK, and it could be a general trend.
Even my pathetic attempt at starting a thread for Indian 'artistic endeavor' ended in 'praise the British Raj' posts.
(I was subsequently castigated on another thread for "promoting all things Injun") .
Not by me, maybe by a savage.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by noni
Of course, those who pay top wack, if they like Goa soon find they have been diddled, and look around for next year. Long termers at the Highland and the Regal Apartments are paying around £1000 a month, unless it is from a friend!. What would you say is the norm Andy for these type of properties.
Goa aint worth these prices, my tuppence anyway.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Well Highland charge ₹3,500 a night for two sharing, ₹6,000 for four - including breakfast.
iirc for a 6-month let the rate a couple of years ago was said to be around £300 a month for a single bedroom apt. and £500 for a 2-bed -- but appreciably more for short lets of 1-2 months.

AndyD ₹
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 1:46 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Well Highland charge ₹3,500 a night for two sharing, ₹6,000 for four - including breakfast.
iirc for a 6-month let the rate a couple of years ago was said to be around £300 a month for a single bedroom apt. and £500 for a 2-bed -- but appreciably more for short lets of 1-2 months.

AndyD ₹
What about those who rent out privately at Highland - or is that not allowed.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice

OK I agree rents are going up in Goa. Don't mind paying, but do mind when the landlord does not even attempt to Clean the place up. Put decent furniture in the place. And things like Cups Plates Knife & Forks. Proper bedding. Simple things to make the place home for a couple of months. I also agree you have to pay the "Skin Tax" The place we rented in Betil Bati was the one we went for after looking at so many places, but even then, we got fed up of looking at the mucky walls & doors, so we went and bought some Lizol and washed them down. See it does not take much to clean the place up. Does It?????
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d

AndyD ₹
I think you will find the Highland will be fully furnished, and clean. Which a lot of the places we seen with private landlords were bloody well not.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by willb
I think you will find the Highland will be fully furnished, and clean. Which a lot of the places we seen with private landlords were bloody well not.
The Royal palms Benaulim, is timeshare, privately owned, package complex, if you walk in from the street, they can ask any amount they feel like and ive met idiots paying huge amounts, my friends rent a one bedroomed flat, decently furished and kitted out, painted probably in the last 5 years, 2 a/c units, good pool, good security, tata sky TV, they rent for just under 6 months for 800 PN, YOU can find decent deals, just need to shop around, 6 months always helps, and dont forget its still India, Bargain bladdy bargain, not like these knew Costa tourists, they bargain upwards.
P.S not as clean as they would like, but it is India!!!!.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve.

We called in there asking about apartments. We were shown a rather scruffy 1 bad apartment, at £500.00 per month. I did notice this place is now looking a bit run down now.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:12 pm
Banned

Hi Steve.

We called in there asking about apartments. We were shown a rather scruffy 1 bad apartment, at £500.00 per month. I did notice this place is now looking a bit run down now.
The pool and grounds are not bad, it depends who owns the flat, my friends rent off a private Goan, £280 P.M. is not too bad, more choice in Colva for reasonably priced flats, ive now been in my rented flat 9 years, it was almost a shell when i rented it, 2 days on my hands and knees with wire wool, just to clean the filth.
It still takes me about 18 hours of cleaning when i go back after the monsoon, without painting etc.
I do have a cleaner. but shes useless, i asked my landlady to find me another one (i pay), she told me noone will work in Goa, this is my second cleaner, both are crap. OH WELL.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

What about those who rent out privately at Highland - or is that not allowed.
Originally Posted by a_f_d View Post

AndyD ₹
That is privately - Highland don't do long lets.

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

OK I agree rents are going up in Goa. Don't mind paying, but do mind when the landlord does not even attempt to Clean the place up. Put decent furniture in the place. And things like Cups Plates Knife & Forks. Proper bedding. Simple things to make the place home for a couple of months. I also agree you have to pay the "Skin Tax" The place we rented in Betil Bati was the one we went for after looking at so many places, but even then, we got fed up of looking at the mucky walls & doors, so we went and bought some Lizol and washed them down. See it does not take much to clean the place up. Does It?????
Beleza by the Beach 'bijoux' hotel in Betalbatim is about £1000 per month. You could probably bargain. It has self-catering facilities. Spotless clean and good service. (I think it must have been intended as an apartment block originally, large rooms and storage space.)
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:46 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

£1000 per month? Per month?

Where the heck is this thread going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.