Happy Diwali!!

Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:41 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Diwali!!

Well thank you kindly Feel free to drop by the Malaysia forum if you want to say your 2 rupees worth re Penang. Probably more expensive than Goa isn't it?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by msj5
Nice to have you on Goa forum!

Thinking I may return to Penang for some time in my next 2 months out!

A lovely friendly place.
why not go to the UK and try for an visa?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by a_f_d
why not go to the UK and try for an visa?

AndyD 8-)#
I already have a 1 yr t visa?

Was that meant to read x-visa Andy?

I don`t own property!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Well thank you kindly Feel free to drop by the Malaysia forum if you want to say your 2 rupees worth re Penang. Probably more expensive than Goa isn't it?
I found eating out in penang far cheaper than Goa.

Beer was a bit expensive!!!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I already have a 1 yr t visa?

Was that meant to read x-visa Andy?

I don`t own property!!!!
... but don't you have a lease / let & leave agreement? We don't know whether these would be accepted by the HCI but they are routinely accepted in India as residence/ address proof - and probably to only way to find out is for someone to submit them to HCI.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

... but don't you have a lease / let & leave agreement? We don't know whether these would be accepted by the HCI but they are routinely accepted in India as residence/ address proof - and probably to only way to find out is for someone to submit them to HCI.

AndyD 8-)#
Yes I have a leave and license agreement but like many others are scared of putting a blot on our copy paper!
i did ask the the question at the last meeting in Panjim about those of us that rent and they said they were working on it!!

I did take my past 5 yrs of L and L agreements back to the Uk with the intention of going to HCI London but thought better of it!!

My home and 2 dogs are in Goa so i prefer to take the "easier" (not that it was) option!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I have a leave and license agreement but like many others are scared of putting a blot on our copy paper!
i did ask the the question at the last meeting in Panjim about those of us that rent and they said they were working on it!!

I did take my past 5 yrs of L and L agreements back to the Uk with the intention of going to HCI London but thought better of it!!

My home and 2 dogs are in Goa so i prefer to take the "easier" (not that it was) option!
I fully understand your caution, I can only speak for myself when I say that I have never received any flak for asking (just costs - 5yr X visas paid for and not received on two occasions, two fruitless trips to Jailsalmer House and occasionally a few days delay before a lesser option is granted).

best wishes - AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

AndyD 8-)#
Thanks for the encouragement Andy! If like you as a property owner there was a specific list of paper work to supply to HCI I might consider having a go at it ....but I don`t believe there is presently!!!I do now have a bank account and have applied for a resident account(HDFC doing it for me thro RBI). Had to prove that I have spent more than 182 days in the country in each tax year for the previous 3 years!!
This is just to open a deposit account !!!!!
Thank goodness the manager at HDFC in Siolim is helpful and has plenty of time for his clients!!