GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Jun 9th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Cape Verde is a place I've always wanted to visit - it would have been great to sail there but those days are long gone. You must find somewhere on here to post your impressions - not sure what forum it would come under though
Portugal?

AndyD 8-)
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:52 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

It's been independent from Portugal since 1975 so I can't really see it being part of Europe. Maybe Rest of the World, like Africa (from a BE forum perspective)?
Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Its the only country which has a temperature range year round of 20 to 30 degrees.There are roughly 7 islands in the group.Tourism is just taking off too.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
My wife and i are seriously considering traveling to Cape Verde Islands this Winter as we both feel that being in our sixties Goa is unsafe, especially the roads.....Its become a Mecca for criminals who think the place is paved with gold...easy pickings, the Monte Carlo of India.Assam is beautiful despite the influx of refugees/economic migrants from Bangladesh pouring over the border and causing internal troubles with the Assamese locals.
Back to Goa!! I agree with you about North Goa, our 3 day recent visit there was too long. As you yourself have said though, the coastal belt is a very small part of the state. Also, why go to the North if it is a beach you are looking for?? Mobor, Betalbatim, Agonda etc. pleasant places to go. We still enjoy Palolem for short visits.
Apart from Margao, nothing wrong with roads in the South!

PS 60s is young! Many Goans in their 90s+.

Why Assam? So many other beautiful places in India.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

A lot of the Margao roads have been resurfaced but there are still some horrors.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

So, Vaz wants the Kohinoor returned to India. I agree, but the package should include him. I believe the diamond was gifted to Queen Victoria, so what's the deal. Will Vaz now tackle Greece for stealing the Pythagoras theorum? This too, was gifted to the Greeks, we're told. J. Logie Baird, you're a thief. Indians invented/discovered TV 2,000 years ago. Wright brothers.........two scoundrels.

Davie.

Last edited by davidhendry; Jul 31st 2015 at 5:54 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
So, Vaz wants the Kohinoor returned to India. I agree, but the package should include him. I believe the diamond was gifted to Queen Victoria, so what's the deal. Will Vaz now tackle Greece for stealing the Pythagoras theorum? This too, was gifted to the Greeks, we're told. J. Logie Baird, you're a thief. Indians invented/discovered TV 2,000 years ago. Wright brothers.........two scoundrels.

Davie.
Vaz will do anything for publicity, now jumping on the Tharoor bandwagon!!

The diamond was not exactly "gifted", rather relinquished as part of a deal with a looting conqueror !!!
The Greeks have been wanting the Elgin marbles back for a long time.

To late to give back all the items gained in war and invasions worldwide by any country but I do think that the origins should be respected.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why Kieth Vaz has never been confronted by the press or his parliamentary colleagues about his relationship with Churchill Alemao and the fact that he was guest of his who visited Westminster Palace. I also saw photographs of Vaz with Alemao and his daughter, Valenka,attending a Goan Festival in Swindon. I find it very strange that Alemao, who was refused bail because of his past criminal record of robbery and i think being involved in a murder !Vaz of course is not known as Vazeline Vaz for nothing...There are so many allegations surrounding his activities from being involved in The Elm Tree Guest House pedophile scandal cover up to obtaining visas and passports for his Indian friends.You would think the watchful eyes of the press would have picked up on something he would have to explain because of the evidence....photograhs logs etc..?
Old Aug 21st 2015, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
I wonder why Kieth Vaz has never been confronted by the press or his parliamentary colleagues about his relationship with Churchill Alemao and the fact that he was guest of his who visited Westminster Palace. I also saw photographs of Vaz with Alemao and his daughter, Valenka,attending a Goan Festival in Swindon. I find it very strange that Alemao, who was refused bail because of his past criminal record of robbery and i think being involved in a murder !Vaz of course is not known as Vazeline Vaz for nothing...There are so many allegations surrounding his activities from being involved in The Elm Tree Guest House pedophile scandal cover up to obtaining visas and passports for his Indian friends.You would think the watchful eyes of the press would have picked up on something he would have to explain because of the evidence....photograhs logs etc..?
Keith Vaz has been investigated several times, but always survived to interfere another day.
What irritates me is his false 'posh' accent.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by davidhendry

Davie.
2000 year old television but still no electricity.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
2000 year old television but still no electricity.
As with the atomic theory, they were ideas or theories. They sat and thought about things as did the ancient Greeks. Nothing was produced.

The Indian Sage who developed Atomic Theory 2,600 years ago | Ancient Origins

British were still stirring their woad mixture But they certainly caught up later.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Vaz is truly ghastly - as are most politicians.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

US Open Tennis----
Congratulations to Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis great win in womens doubles and Leander Paes and Martina in mixed doubles.

India has brilliant tennis doubles players. Mirza world number one with partner Hingis, Wimbledon and now US Open titles.
Paes 17 grand slam titles.

Jamie Murray and partner reached finals.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

BBC R4 this morning interviewed someone introduces as 'chair of the all-party Parliamentary Committee on Body Image' - I immediately wondered if it came under the Ministry of Silly Walks!

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Westminster politics getting interesting for a change.The Crankies over the border, Sturgeon & Salmon, are ratching things up for Cameron over welfare cuts and threatening another referendum, which is the last thing he needs. Cameron has his eye on his future and to be known to history as, The Man who Broke the Union.......well his future would be finished in Tory politics.All the fuss around Corbyn...The Ministry of Silly Comments. Corbyn has no intention of trying to become PM in 2020.Hes my MP and has been for 24 years.He will open the way for some one much younger.He knows hes not electable and knows it. He will be 70 in 2020.Two party politics are finished in the UK. Greens Labour and Lib Dems and now SNP all have common ground against the Tory toffs.Going to be interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.