GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Nov 25th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I just let mine expire then do a top-up when we get there penalty is Rs.16 iirc
There is a new package that includes pretty much all the English language channels plus cricket and HD (well worth the upgrade to an HD box)

AndyD 8-)
I did used to do that but then I decided that the hassle I had to go through to get it back on was too much and I'd rather pay 170 rupees a month while we are not there. I also keep my Indian sim topped up on line, I have had the number for about 12 years so would rather not loose it and although to put 100 rupees on each month actually costs me about £2 a time I'd sooner pay that than have to get a new sim each time with having to give them copies of my passport and visa. No I am not rich, I just value my sanity!
Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:17 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I just let mine expire then do a top-up when we get there penalty is Rs.16 iirc
There is a new package that includes pretty much all the English language channels plus cricket and HD (well worth the upgrade to an HD box)

AndyD 8-)
With the Axis bank debacle, I haven't even tried to top up our Dish TV before we go as I normally do. As the Axis account is frozen I suspected that the debit cards wouldn't work either so I didn't try.

The recharge is Rs499 for the top package or £5 at current exchange rates - there is a site on the Internet where I can do the recharge with PayPal or a UK card for $14.50 + probably an overseas transaction fee of £2, so about £11 for something that's £5 when we get to Goa - hence no chance, I will wait until we arrive rather than pay double beforehand.

H.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25096293

Makes you wonder if there are so few jobs why go?? Three months and you can claim benefit may be the answer!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Bipat next time your in the uk get motion sensors from Argos they are only £8 each and they come with a 120 watt light.When i had my Portuguese House i fitted them at all the vulnerable points and they actually worked too......
John, you'll be upset no doubt to hear that F & E had their place, your former house, ransacked during the monsoon. I doubt sensors would have been of much use, they lost a lot.

Pop into Pradeep Lawande's "ALL SMOKING NOW BANNED" Bar/Rest, Candoli if you want the full story, though don't take the proprieter's account, mad as a box of badgers.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babu1
John, you'll be upset no doubt to hear that F & E had their place, your former house, ransacked during the monsoon. I doubt sensors would have been of much use, they lost a lot.

Pop into Pradeep Lawande's "ALL SMOKING NOW BANNED" Bar/Rest, Candoli if you want the full story, though don't take the proprieter's account, mad as a box of badgers.
I will contact Cressy to find out the details. What a lovely couple though. We originally left due to security concerns because twice i spotted labourers or tribals running away in the night from properties in the area.It was too easy to just run up to the plateau behind the house and disappear.The neighbors didnt help too much either. I often wonder what happened to Mandu too ? Thanx for the info.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hemingway
With the Axis bank debacle, I haven't even tried to top up our Dish TV before we go as I normally do. As the Axis account is frozen I suspected that the debit cards wouldn't work either so I didn't try.

The recharge is Rs499 for the top package or £5 at current exchange rates - there is a site on the Internet where I can do the recharge with PayPal or a UK card for $14.50 + probably an overseas transaction fee of £2, so about £11 for something that's £5 when we get to Goa - hence no chance, I will wait until we arrive rather than pay double beforehand.

H.

I topped up for the next 6 months using my amex card on the Tata Sky website. I have done it before and it worked out costing very little extra. My phone I top up with 100 rupees a month using world remit money transfers on line on-line facility specifically for recharging phones, they say they do not charge but the rate of exchange is dreadful so it costs me about £2 (in total) each month but I still have the number I got 12 years ago. I also send a text each month to my UK phone.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Just arrived back in UK, will be returning to Goa end of March. We seem to leave when others are going and vice versa.
At least got the laptop functioning to mess about with it while waiting for the coach home.
OMG it's cold. Jet flights very efficient, but food awful.
Now in a panic about Christmas arrangements.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bipat
Just arrived back in UK, will be returning to Goa end of March. We seem to leave when others are going and vice versa.
At least got the laptop functioning to mess about with it while waiting for the coach home.
OMG it's cold. Jet flights very efficient, but food awful.
Now in a panic about Christmas arrangements.
My OH complains that the food on Jet is awful but he has the meat versions while I always have the vegetarian Indian food and while I would not say it is good it is ok usually. Don't panic over Christmas, do what I do, make a list of the extra jobs and shopping then prioritise the jobs. Do the high priority first and some each day, anything you don't get done is not meant to be done so ignore it and relax and enjoy. I don't know if you drink but I would recommend a glass of wine or a G&T while you write your list. I just baked my Christmas cakes yesterday, a good tip if you bake fruit cake late is to wrap it well and put it in the freezer for a week. It makes it much easier to cut as it will not crumble as badly as if it was not frozen. you can ice it while it is defrosting.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
My OH complains that the food on Jet is awful but he has the meat versions while I always have the vegetarian Indian food and while I would not say it is good it is ok usually. Don't panic over Christmas, do what I do, make a list of the extra jobs and shopping then prioritise the jobs. Do the high priority first and some each day, anything you don't get done is not meant to be done so ignore it and relax and enjoy. I don't know if you drink but I would recommend a glass of wine or a G&T while you write your list. I just baked my Christmas cakes yesterday, a good tip if you bake fruit cake late is to wrap it well and put it in the freezer for a week. It makes it much easier to cut as it will not crumble as badly as if it was not frozen. you can ice it while it is defrosting.
We usually have the Indian veg but as it was not that good going to India I had the omelette for breakfast ---It was part liquid, so hungry I ate some of it.
(Nothing happened yet!!!).
Yes, I am a great list maker and also everything doesn't have to be 'home-made'. Good advice I read in a magazine- ---"nobody weaves their own napkins".!!!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bipat
We usually have the Indian veg but as it was not that good going to India I had the omelette for breakfast ---It was part liquid, so hungry I ate some of it.
(Nothing happened yet!!!).
Yes, I am a great list maker and also everything doesn't have to be 'home-made'. Good advice I read in a magazine- ---"nobody weaves their own napkins".!!!
You are right, everything does not have to be home made but I try to make as much as possible as I enjoy making things. I have spent most of this evening making Christmas cards, the Christmas pudding was made last year, they improve with keeping, I always make at least two when I do make them.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 11:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You are right, everything does not have to be home made but I try to make as much as possible as I enjoy making things. I have spent most of this evening making Christmas cards, the Christmas pudding was made last year, they improve with keeping, I always make at least two when I do make them.
Sounds very Christmassy.

So. Where is your BE Christmas avatar please?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Sounds very Christmassy.

So. Where is your BE Christmas avatar please?
done!

Last edited by k800mer; Dec 10th 2013 at 1:00 am.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 2:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

done!
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
+1
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I was standing at Arpora Crossroads today and saw a lorry go past to The Sunburn Festival with a plastic chemical toilet on the back. Thought wow they are going to have long queues there !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.