In Goa we trust.

Old Jul 18th 2009, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice
Default Re: In Goa we trust.

Population of Goa at Census 2001 was 1.4 million. We all know it is greater than that now.

40,000 unemployed Goans have returned from the Gulf alone in the past few months, then there is the permament residence of migrants from out of State who do the work Goans don't want to do, or simply tout, beg, befriend and con foreigners and locals alike.

We all know that Goans never commit crime, even though that pretence flies in the face of hard and verifiable fact and truth in countless instances. Unique to the population of Goa, there is a genetically ordered bypass of any criminal impulse. It's not in the DNA. They are all social workers, freedom fighters and saints in waiting.

When did you last witness a Goan telling lies? Oh yes, that would have been when their lips last moved.

Injustice is injustice, whether that be the covering up of murders or the calculated misappropriation of money for goods and services based on your skin colour, ethnicity or assumed wealth, and that is also racism.

Yes, the Konkan Railway changed everything for Goa. I remember Jungle B raging against it.

But India has changed also and where a middle class emerges on the back of a more open economy and they have money to spend (but perhaps not yet enough money to travel globally) they are inevitably going to trundle into Goa in their jam packed 4x4's, overladen two night/three day 'sun, sea and......feni' package buses, throw their rupees around, disrupt the bars, hotels and restaurants and generally display an exaggerated sense of complaining self importance much like when you witness them on a long haul flight snapping their fingers at the cabin crew, roaming around the aircraft doing an uninvited tour of First and Business Class (even when the seat belt sign is on), rearranging their seating as if they were on a bus, and phoning each other from row to row while the aircraft is in take off.

Oops! Was that a bit of a generalistion, maybe a bit racist? Call the cops and send in the 'Thought Police'.

Last edited by babu1; Jul 18th 2009 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

You've hit the nail right on the head Babul once again, what should takes hours to acheive, such as electricial or building jobs takes months, cleaners who could have the job done in a few hours and go home takes them triple the amount of time, even buying anything in a shop takes forever, its only when you come away from goa you realise how much these things irritate you and to be quite honest after living in a civilised country for the last 3 months i dont really want to go back, even though my OH is there bless him its just to stressful.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

excelsior is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.asianage.com/presentation...ed-on-net.aspx

"To my mind this exercise of an unethical hacker is a fruitless exercise. It has invaded my privacy and client confidentiality, and I can confirm that some of the emails have been tampered with. Such a revelation does not enjoy credibility"

He seems to contradict himself, he states it's a fruitless exercise but then admits it has invaded his privacy and client confidentiality.
"such revelation does not enjoy credibility" what about his credibility if he cannot even keep his emails private ? Unethical hacker my a.. , what about his unethical clerks.
Hypocrite. Morale of the story, you cannot trust anybody nowadays, not even your lawyer.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:41 am
Banned

jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not turning a drama into a crisis,I have just sold and on the last clean of the flat the cleaner stole a few items off me,asking for them back turned into a nightmare.I took the wife(cleaning lady) and her husband off to the cop shop ,told the cop 1000 rupees was his if prised the said items off them,no not me was all I heard.Anyway delivering a swift uppercut to the thieving bastard was all I could do on return to the flat which I admit was something I always wanted to do,pathetic maybe,satisfaction guaranteed ,I hate those bastards so much,just glad Im going.

The word locally he took a $25 000 bribe to release those files , case collapses

Last edited by jose1; Jul 19th 2009 at 9:00 am.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

The word locally he took a $25 000 bribe to release those files , case collapses
I think all his cases collapse.

Ingo î º Persona non grata (deported)
Fiona î º Persona non grata (everybody free on bail)
Beyzer î º (Russian ex-con drug dealer î º deported)

Together with the Russian consulate all they do is to "express their concern" and to make noise in the media. But a lawyer and a Russian consulate are not going to change the
mentality, inefficiency, and corruption prevailing in the system.
Nobody cares, just as with the latest case of poor Elena found on the tracks. Again Varma and the Consulate are hopelessly pushing the authorities to change the case from accident to homicide, it all eventually just goes into oblivion. Varma is more a PR than a lawyer.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:27 pm
Banned

jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Babu ,been there seen it ,got the T shirt of the obnoxious newly monied middle class Indians,and what a bunch,remembering in a queue recently waiting in line ,one Indian gent totally oblivious to anyone before him,demanding respect,how dare you etc etc,jumped the line,oh dear! his knees ,papers whatever got scattered and how.How the hell did my life come down to this utterly appalling , filthy vile country.
Sure am not sharing a dining table at Babus or Prestonjohns dining table,29th thats it Im outa here.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Sorry, but Ingo eventually won his case, not deported, visa granted, looking for new location for a Saturday market, maybe even back in cahoots with his arch enemy at Mackies?

Going against the Catholic clergy was a massive mistake, one he had to learn as an ordeal of fire at Chopdem.

Persona non grata? Yes, most definitely, by the majority of the stall holders who found him out as a thieving b'stard and want nothing to do with him. It could have been all so shanti shanti if he'd made proper payment to the panchayat, cops, security, 'Haystack' landowner, and all the others in the food chain.

No, he pocketed the revenues (word has it, at least 60 lakh) and did sweet f all except stomp around the site in a Hitlerian manner like some kind of extra from Mel Brook's 'The Producers'.

Price paid? Who knows for certain?

Hope you all enjoy VJM's Saturday Nite Kingfisher Market

Not worth the carbon monoxide, IMHO.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by babu1
Sorry, but Ingo eventually won his case, not deported, visa granted, looking for new location for a Saturday market, maybe even back in cahoots with his arch enemy at Mackies?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/4284230.cms
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I believe events might have moved on since then, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Last seen around Calangute/Arpora, May 2009.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 4:31 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Just rang three goan friends who know Ingo and they all said he is stuck in Germany waiting for a visa..............but we could be wrong?
Where you are definitely wrong though, is the Chopdem issue, nothing whatsoever to do with the Cafflicks, cos...............its in Hindu country in Pernem and it was the Temple Committee he pissed off in a big way resulting in previously unseen (for this area) mob violence. As Siolim/Chopdem is "religious Border Country" there is always a show of solidarity and a few of God's Children turned up at one of the demos, but thats all. What he did was dump all his bribes on the wrong people!
Also puzzled by your revenue figure of 60lakh? For what period, as its too much for a week and nowhere near enough for the season, unless you are going by his tax returns?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

there was talk that he was going to go back in with Mackie form the arpora saturday market, but due to him not getting visa that was put on hold, hence Mackie never got his licence. Probably cos he didt have enough money!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would not go by anybody's declared tax returns in the same way that any Saturday Nite Market organiser would not like it to be publicly known how much his turnover/profit might genuinely be (whether that be by the week or by the season).

I stand corrected on your other info, even if it was differently represented in the local media at the time. Do you remember the front pages with the map to his home? They were almost giving out a free lathi with every copy sold.

What I do know is that there was a very angry meeting held where the majority of stallholders voiced their fury at what was percieved to be his various connivings and financial wrong doings.

I have not recently heard a good word said about him by any of the many market traders I have know over the years.......but perhaps they're also wrong?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:51 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by babu1
I would not go by anybody's declared tax returns in the same way that any Saturday Nite Market organiser would not like it to be publicly known how much his turnover/profit might genuinely be (whether that be by the week or by the season).

I stand corrected on your other info, even if it was differently represented in the local media at the time. Do you remember the front pages with the map to his home? They were almost giving out a free lathi with every copy sold.

What I do know is that there was a very angry meeting held where the majority of stallholders voiced their fury at what was percieved to be his various connivings and financial wrong doings.

Wonder if he will get another Visa - do enjoy the night markets once or twice in six months. If only for the entertainment.

I have not recently heard a good word said about him by any of the many market traders I have know over the years.......but perhaps they're also wrong?
Wonder if he will get another Visa - we do enjoy the night market once or twice in our six months there. If only for the entertainment.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jose1
Not turning a drama into a crisis,I have just sold and on the last clean of the flat the cleaner stole a few items off me,asking for them back turned into a nightmare.I took the wife(cleaning lady) and her husband off to the cop shop ,told the cop 1000 rupees was his if prised the said items off them,no not me was all I heard.Anyway delivering a swift uppercut to the thieving bastard was all I could do on return to the flat which I admit was something I always wanted to do,pathetic maybe,satisfaction guaranteed ,I hate those bastards so much,just glad Im going.

How does anyone cope with such shocks?. The constant thieving, deceit and lack of shame. Is Goa no longer?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:03 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Wonder if he will get another Visa - we do enjoy the night market once or twice in our six months there. If only for the entertainment.
Ingo Info

The wily kraut who needs a haircut had absolutely nothing to do with the Saturday Night Market for the whole of last season.
It appears to have become a self-sustaining entity and no longer needs his presence. All the stallholders we know said it was mch better without him. The lynchpin on which market survives is the foreign sellers and a revived Mackies or a new Ingo venture is unlikely to pull them.
So it looks like, for the time being, that the market is safe in its new hands at its old venue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.