Goa - Living

Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:21 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goa - Living

Originally Posted by dauchery
Does anyone have any experience of using Hathaway?

http://www.hathway.com/hathway-broad...hp?cat_id=OA==
They do not appear to have a presence in Goa/Maharashtra, not an unusual situation! Also, does that not require a landline, which we have already suggested, is not going to happen?

i have the unlimited UK package which is about £4.50 a month, I'm sure there is no way on earth that cellphone charges from India to UK can come close to that
Would that package allow you to call from India?

Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

by coincidence this was just posted

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:00 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

And by even greater coincidence, I posted it on "In todays newspapers" earlier today!

Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnny five
And by even greater coincidence, I posted it on "In todays newspapers" earlier today!

by a truly staggering co-incidence that's where I got it from! <g>

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

dauchery is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iain492001
Use skype regularly to UK & Australia with TATA PHOTON+

Suggest u try PINK ZEBRA estate Agent in Calangute for flat rental, if you want North Goa.

Welcome to Goa!
Thanks Iain.

How is Skype with Tata?, any issues?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Hi and welcome to the forum...and to answer your questions..internet connection is possible either with a dongle or in an internet cafe but the speed is rarely fast by European standards. It would be possible to rent an aprtment but if you want a pool then you will have to pay more. Accommodation is not that cheap any more so I would just find something for a week then have a look around. Not many decent gyms as there are many other ways to keep fit and work out here...food is great and local, Indian and International. The weather is lovely..over 30 most days so thats what counts. Good luck
Just need to ensure its ok for Skype and the reliability is ok, making a lot of calls and don't want to be cut off mid conversation, or breaking up etc.

Looking forward to the weather and food. Regarding the gym, it's a must have also, someone mentioned one earlier in the thread, I checked their website and it seems fine.

cheers

I
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:54 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Just need to ensure its ok for Skype and the reliability is ok, making a lot of calls and don't want to be cut off mid conversation, or breaking up etc.

Looking forward to the weather and food. Regarding the gym, it's a must have also, someone mentioned one earlier in the thread, I checked their website and it seems fine.

cheers

I
I have never had any problems talking to the family in UK on Skype, either via the mobile connection or Tata photon plus.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
I have never had any problems talking to the family in UK on Skype, either via the mobile connection or Tata photon plus.
Thanks Noni

I hope this is the same calling Non-Skype numbers too, as it seems that Skype to Skype is the best quaility
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:04 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Noni

I hope this is the same calling Non-Skype numbers too, as it seems that Skype to Skype is the best quaility
I used to call the family all the time on skype when I was in Goa. If you have an Indian Sim phone calls to UK are very cheap, nothing like we have to pay UK to India.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
I used to call the family all the time on skype when I was in Goa. If you have an Indian Sim phone calls to UK are very cheap, nothing like we have to pay UK to India.
Sorry to be pedantic, but do you know how much? I need an unlimited package, I currently pay skype about £4.50 per month for this
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:49 pm

Sorry to be pedantic, but do you know how much? I need an unlimited package, I currently pay skype about £4.50 per month for this
Skype to other Skype users is free, have never used the pay service.

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

Just found this on Skype, Contact them and ask the question HOW MUCH!

Unlimited UK and India

Enjoy unlimited¹ calls to landlines² in the UK, and unlimited¹ calls to mobiles and landlines in India.

£11.99/month
(excl VAT)*

Last edited by noni; Feb 18th 2012 at 10:05 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

I
Hi Dauchery

Looks like you have some good advice regarding internet and skype etc.

The gym I mentioned earlier is in an area of Goa called CALANGUTE - which is pretty central for most amenities, and is a fairly lively place with plenty of amenities.
Once you get to Goa, pm me and I will give you directions to the gym

I recommend you include hire a scooter or motorbike (if you have a licence) which means you can explore and there are plenty of places within easy reach - especially decent beaches (Calangute Beach is a bit manic with watersports etc). Make sure you take your driving licence or even better get an International Driving licence - just in case you get stopped by the police.

Have a great trip - and enjoy the sunshine

Dread - x
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I knew I'd looked into Skype from India before and dismissed it, but I'd forgotten the details. I just searched again (surprisingly difficult to pinpoint rates). [The following refers to non skype-skype calls]:
1) Skype unlimited UK (~£5 a month) and Europe (~£9 a month) both have "fair usage" limits and are landline only.
2) Skype to cellphone is per country and for UK is 17p/min (plus connection charge).
3) There is no Skype-out in India.
4) Add to the above ₹10,000/month for unlimited dongle unless you have landline broadband (~₹1,000/month).
Idea pre-paid charges in India for call to UK are landlines ₹6.4/min; cellphones ₹10/min (17p = ₹13/-) all-India ₹1.2/min
So I say again, as part of the other costs of travelling to and staying in Goa, cellphone costs are trivial, and unless you make an amazing number of calls Skype-Out will not save you any money.

AndyD 8-)₹

Last edited by a_f_d; Feb 19th 2012 at 9:11 am.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Yep, as a "location independent" person, reliable internet is crucial to me. The Skype unlimited packages are great.

I will try to find an apartment with fixed line internet if possible.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Dauchery

Looks like you have some good advice regarding internet and skype etc.

The gym I mentioned earlier is in an area of Goa called CALANGUTE - which is pretty central for most amenities, and is a fairly lively place with plenty of amenities.
Once you get to Goa, pm me and I will give you directions to the gym

I recommend you include hire a scooter or motorbike (if you have a licence) which means you can explore and there are plenty of places within easy reach - especially decent beaches (Calangute Beach is a bit manic with watersports etc). Make sure you take your driving licence or even better get an International Driving licence - just in case you get stopped by the police.

Have a great trip - and enjoy the sunshine

Dread - x
Thanks Dread ))

Sounds like it could be a good place to base myself.

I don't actually drive, so I guess I will he reliant o. Taxis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.