GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi Remy, have heard that there are all sorts of people keeping their eyes on these forums, so we shall have to whisper, they probably have files on us all.
Tony P
"Even paranoids have enemies", says douglas
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi Remy
Man's inhumanity to man, it's always the way. I only speak of the things I have been told, seen or read about, in which case I try to give a caveat.
It isn't my country and the problems in Goa are manifest in most countries I have visited. Mostly they are always caused by the same things, money, greed, tribalism, politics, religion, social positions.
I just try to meet people and treat them in the way I wish to be treated, given a chance people are the same all over the world and if you are prepared to listen there are few differences in the problems and desires they have to those you have.
Even the smallest book is worth reading.
TP

Hi Tony,
Nicely Put.
Yeah 'the love of money is the root of all evil'
Having said that, i heard a debate once between 2 oldtimers.
One Said referring to money,'You cant take it with you when you go'
The other one said, 'To be sure, but you cant go far without it when your here'

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
Totally agree, we have friends out there from Indian millionaires, consultants, to the most humble, who always give us a warm welcome to their homes. We take each person as we find them. We have helped many, those who let us down are not helped again. The ones we felt most hurt by were the nuns, in a convent with the most beautiful little children. Now we only give items to people we know will use and appreciate them.

Anyway lets change the subject PEACE TO ALL
Hi Noni,

Totally Agree............and im tempted to ask about the Nuns but almost afraid to.
I wouldnt like them to open a file on us all as well.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TDK
Wow - internet espionage - sounds exciting! Any idea who/where/why?
(TDK)
THEM, everywhere, to keep a track on subversives like us
TP
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Douglas M
"Even paranoids have enemies", says douglas
We are not paranoid
TP etc
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:43 pm
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough

THEM, everywhere, to keep a track on subversives like us
TP
Yeah speaking of which its a bit scary to think that the Uk is now nearly on a par with other 'Big Brother' countries like China and Singapore. I think its a good idea to get out while the going is good (not that i've got anything that exciting to hide ofcourse)!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TDK
Yeah speaking of which its a bit scary to think that the Uk is now nearly on a par with other 'Big Brother' countries like China and Singapore. I think its a good idea to get out while the going is good (not that i've got anything that exciting to hide ofcourse)!

Come on TDK, your among friends here tell the truth, we wont tell anybody else, honest....so what did you do?

Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:51 pm
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Come on TDK, your among friends here tell the truth, we wont tell anybody else, honest....so what did you do?

At times like this i think its a good idea to maintain a Noble Silence!
Seriously though i'm terribly boring on the whole and the few gritty secrets won't come out here thats for sure!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't say a word TDK until you get a lawyer. Of course if you really feel that you would like to share........., but do it in a whisper.
Tony P
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't say a word TDK until you get a lawyer. Of course if you really feel that you would like to share........., but do it in a whisper.
Tony P
Some Advice TDK,

Find a spot on the wall and stare at it, dont answer your interogators and excercise your right to remain silent.......even when they hook you up to the car battery........and under extreme torture........name rank and no. and nothing else........unless your interogator is Douglas and then your completely F#"@?%#

Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:28 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Some Advice TDK,

Find a spot on the wall and stare at it, dont answer your interogators and excercise your right to remain silent.......even when they hook you up to the car battery........and under extreme torture........name rank and no. and nothing else........unless your interogator is Douglas and then your completely F#"@?%#

The only people looking at your lot are men in white coats
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by noni

The only people looking at your lot are men in white coats

Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:58 pm
TDK
BE Enthusiast

Some Advice TDK,

Oh yeah i remember that strategy - we must have watched the same SAS survival techniques programme! Actually i should apply that advice more often as i talk too much for my own good sometimes! (the less i say the less people realise i don't know)!Ha!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Tony P said:
...they do want their land back and getting rid of FNs is the way they believe it can happen.
What they are missing is that there are plenty of affluent out of state Indians, NRIs and PIOs who are buying property and they can't get rid of them and according to conversations I have had with locals, Goans hate OSIs...
there is a lot of truth in what you say, it's the 'weekend cottage in Wales' problem again.
But the cottages in Wales were falling down, the old Portuguese houses in Goa are falling (or fallen) down, and property prices are going up because that's what happens there is nothing that can be done (under capitalism) to make houses "affordable for locals"

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Tony P said:

there is a lot of truth in what you say, it's the 'weekend cottage in Wales' problem again.
But the cottages in Wales were falling down, the old Portuguese houses in Goa are falling (or fallen) down, and property prices are going up because that's what happens there is nothing that can be done (under capitalism) to make houses "affordable for locals"

AndyD 8-)#
He who owns sets the price. Off plan villas aren't falling down, land isn't falling down, Portugese houses aren't falling down (not the ones we looked at)
We didn't walk up to anybody and say we will give X amount, we asked how much they wanted for it. The prices keep going up because there are people to buy and people to sell, and if the Government was that concerned with their Social Responsibility they would do what the government insists on in this country.

TP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.