British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   D'Costa Palms, Siolim (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/dcosta-palms-siolim-452886/)

dickylewis Jun 6th 2007 1:28 pm

Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4874768)
Hi dicky,

No help at all.

Dont even bother at this stage to try and comply, just find out who owns the freehold and arrange for a 5 year lease in your names. ( usually 58 months in practice). There is a chance they will renew it at the end of the term.

Best you can do.

regards

douglas

So, you thought that the holiday in France was the last you would hear of me.........WRONG!!!!!!!

Just spoke to Charlie Pritchard at Churchills to demand money back. I will be sending the unsigned agreement to them today and will let you guys know the result.
Worst case will be putting down to experience and a few broken limbs on the Isle of Wight; best case a cracking £12K party and a visit to set up shop in Malaysia to piss off Douglas.

Douglas M Jun 6th 2007 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4880139)
So, you thought that the holiday in France was the last you would hear of me.........WRONG!!!!!!!

Just spoke to Charlie Pritchard at Churchills to demand money back. I will be sending the unsigned agreement to them today and will let you guys know the result.
Worst case will be putting down to experience and a few broken limbs on the Isle of Wight; best case a cracking £12K party and a visit to set up shop in Malaysia to piss off Douglas.

Hi dicky,

Interesting development, nice to have you back. Party idea sounds good and a visit to see douglas would be most welcome.

douglas

TONY P Jun 6th 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Dicky
Can we ask what Mr Pritchards comments were? Did he want to know why you wanted to cancel, did he say there was nothing wrong with the property purchase, and are you still going to Goa?
Regards
Tony

old man Jun 6th 2007 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4880322)
Hi Dicky
Can we ask what Mr Pritchards comments were? Did he want to know why you wanted to cancel, did he say there was nothing wrong with the property purchase, and are you still going to Goa?
Regards
Tony

Hi Dicky,
We will be in Goa in December, hope to meet you all then. Will you let us know what Churchills said when you said you wanted to cancel. I bet they are saying that YOU CAN PURCHASE!

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY IN FRANCE - REGARDS - OLD MAN

Remy-Ireland Jun 6th 2007 4:59 pm

Hi Dicky,
Wow, didnt see that one coming.
Good on you,keep us updated.
If you get that 12k back then you really will be able to buy the first round at our knees up in Dec.:rofl:

Anyway Au revoir matey.

Remy

noni Jun 6th 2007 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland (Post 4880945)
Hi Dicky,
Wow, didnt see that one coming.
Good on you,keep us updated.
If you get that 12k back then you really will be able to buy the first round at our knees up in Dec.:rofl:

Anyway Au revoir matey.

Remy

Hi Dicky,

Hope you get your money back - you can always look to buy again if the politicians start being nice to us again.

At least (hopefully) you have an option to pull back.

Can you pop over to the Assembly in the Bay and see if there is anybody there to help the rest of us, after all they have nothing else to do all day.

Keep smiling.

TONY P Jun 6th 2007 9:53 pm

Sorry, must be the mood I am in at the moment, but why would anybody pay £12k to somebody without a signed agreement from both sides. I accept that it must be me, my OH is always saying that I am wrong or don't understand, but I really don't get this one at all. Douglas you have a financial brain maybe you can explain it to me. There are times when I feel like a bear with very little brain.:confused:
Regards
Pooh

dickylewis Jun 6th 2007 10:26 pm

Thought this might stir things up. Charlie Pritchards initial reaction was............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ...... I will let you know when he has time for a second one!

Douglas M Jun 7th 2007 2:52 am

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4882124)
Sorry, must be the mood I am in at the moment, but why would anybody pay £12k to somebody without a signed agreement from both sides. I accept that it must be me, my OH is always saying that I am wrong or don't understand, but I really don't get this one at all. Douglas you have a financial brain maybe you can explain it to me. There are times when I feel like a bear with very little brain.:confused:
Regards
Pooh

Hi Tony,

I think dicky is the best one to answer this, but in previous posts i have identified escapism, fear of loss and the need to gain and a sense of entitlement as the possible causes of FNs acting in this way.

Most peoples financial decisions can be traced to expressions of basic emotions rather than logic .

Even if a non resident FN has a signed agreement at outset, unless its a short term lease it aint worth a light.

I think we should give dicky a lot of credit for accepting that he made a balls up early on, and has since taken action to limit the damage. Most people remain in denial and rely on hope, or try to prove that douglas is wrong instead.

regards

douglas

a_f_d Jun 7th 2007 9:52 am

My interpretation of “Agreements of Sale for FN's - at least not without a Home Dept NOC” as follows :-

Home Department - No Objection Certificate (NOC) would suggest to me that this was a Central Government Directive, but that is just my interpretation. Was the - (which are not being issued) your addition or was that part of the original official Goa Instruction ?
My understanding is that the Home Dept have no procedures in place to issue these NOC's and haven't been given any instructions to do so.

I know at least one lawyer who is/was saying don't even apply (to register deeds) 'cos there is no legal requirement to do so but a refusal might make you fall foul of FEMA

With regard to the last part of your post, I cannot see how a genuine application, whether sound or flawed cosmetically but legally sound, could influence an individuals’ legal stance with FEMA. Not saying you are wrong, but usually these procedures are well formulated, and FEMA is very clear, concise and publicly accessible, so anyone falling foul procedurally or legally at any stage could be easily detected by their agent who should then put things in order for due process.
The suggestion was that by applying for a NOC you risk being refused, which could be interpreted as not complying with local rules (a FEMA requirement).

Hope this addresses all points a_f_d , you don’t say where you are ? are You in India or elsewhere ?

Regards to all

John
I happen to be in the UK at present but I will be returning to Goa for an indefinite period <s> some time in September.

...with regard to various posts about the legal position of the sub-registrars: a former head of Registration in Goa and a former Solicitor General of India are both on record in the Goan press as saying that registrars are not required to enquire into the bona fides of applicants and have a statutory duty to register properly presented documents. They are not doing so in Goa, hence my suggestion (ianalb) that someone may want to check out Writ of Mandamus

Douglas M Jun 7th 2007 10:23 am

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 4883857)
My understanding is that the Home Dept have no procedures in place to issue these NOC's and haven't been given any instructions to do so.

The suggestion was that by applying for a NOC you risk being refused, which could be interpreted as not complying with local rules (a FEMA requirement).

I happen to be in the UK at present but I will be returning to Goa for an indefinite period <s> some time in September.

...with regard to various posts about the legal position of the sub-registrars: a former head of Registration in Goa and a former Solicitor General of India are both on record in the Goan press as saying that registrars are not required to enquire into the bona fides of applicants and have a statutory duty to register properly presented documents. They are not doing so in Goa, hence my suggestion (ianalb) that someone may want to check out Writ of Mandamus

Hi a-f-d,

If you were in front of a firing squad, would you be checking out that they were using the correct grade of oil on their rifles, as in section 5 (b) of the user manual?

douglas

John Chappell Jun 7th 2007 11:45 am

Hi a_f_d,

Thanks for your info, all very interesting, we will just have to wait it out and see how the law resolves these issues, and whether at state or union level.

Regards to all

John

a_f_d Jun 7th 2007 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4883972)
Hi a-f-d,

If you were in front of a firing squad, would you be checking out that they were using the correct grade of oil on their rifles, as in section 5 (b) of the user manual?

douglas

No Douglas, I was checking whether anyone on my team was packing a Kalashnikov <g>

TONY P Jun 7th 2007 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4883972)
Hi a-f-d,

douglas

Hi Douglas
You wouldn't want a weapon to misfire or jam, somebody could get hurt.;) you're a budhist after all.
Regards
tony

Douglas M Jun 7th 2007 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4884965)
Hi Douglas
You wouldn't want a weapon to misfire or jam, somebody could get hurt.;) you're a budhist after all.
Regards
tony

Hi Tony,

I was originally trying to say that some people are inclined to be pedantic, maybe i was being to subtle for a change.

regards

douglas