British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   D'Costa Palms, Siolim (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/dcosta-palms-siolim-452886/)

a_f_d Jun 19th 2007 3:59 am

Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Anyone who isnt old enough to know what saturday morning pictures was, probably wont get this.

regards
douglas
ah, but were you a 6d kid or a thru the toilet window kid <g>?

noni Jun 19th 2007 4:03 am

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4937404)
Hi Douglas
I thought Freud was into slips.
Good guys always wore white and the baddie always wore black so that you could tell the difference.
Cisco kid had a Mexican type hat so I don't think that counts, FN and all that.
Remember Saturday morning pictures, Lone Ranger and Cisco were on the TV possibly as well the pictures, thing I remember about Saturday Pictures was the Space adventure but I can't remember the proper name. Also remember Hopalong Cassidy.
regards
Tony P

I remember Dad taking me on Saturday morning to see Rock Around the Clock and I had a row for getting up and dancing, that time I went in through the door not the toilet window.

Douglas M Jun 19th 2007 4:22 am

Hi Douglas
Good guys always wore white and the baddie always wore black so that you could tell the difference.
Remember Saturday morning pictures, Lone Ranger and Cisco were on the TV possibly as well the pictures, thing I remember about Saturday Pictures was the Space adventure but I can't remember the proper name. Also remember Hopalong Cassidy.
regards
Tony P

Hi Tony,

I remember hopalong cassidy now you mention it, he was older and he had a tall black hat, not dashing like the cisco kid.

Douglas M Jun 19th 2007 4:39 am

Originally Posted by noni (Post 4937414)
God Douglas, if you were still in Goa, I would bring her out some from M&S or Matlan were you buy one get one free, don't tell me you run around in one of those tea towel wraps when you are not being the lone ranger. I think Tonto Dickie has his head down in work, catching up after his holidays.

Hi Noni,

I am in big trouble now, mrs douglas has just seen the bit about the vest.

She........

noni Jun 19th 2007 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4937605)
Hi Noni,

I am in big trouble now, mrs douglas has just seen the bit about the vest.

She........

Bless her - she must be a hoot, and still Dicky hasn't come out to play.

TONY P Jun 19th 2007 9:02 am

Originally Posted by noni (Post 4937884)

Hi Noni
She sounds more like a wrestler to me, she is obviously the Yang of Douglas's Yin, the physical side to compliment the metaphysical Douglas, or maybe she is like my OH who just calmly listens to what I have to say, then tells everybody that I'm just a silly old fart and to ignore me. Then beats me up when we get home:D
Regards
Tony P

TONY P Jun 19th 2007 9:05 am

and still Dicky hasn't come out to play.

Hi Noni have you ever played Spoof, DL is like that. IMHO.
Regards
Tony P

Douglas M Jun 19th 2007 5:35 pm

Hi Douglas
regards
Tony P

Hi All.

Does anyone remember "assignment foreign legion" on the tele. Merle oberon played a reporter who interviewed legionaires and then the screen would shimmer and you would see their story. I nearly joined the foreign legion after seeing that programme.

regards
douglas

dickylewis Jun 19th 2007 6:36 pm

How do you know that Mrs Douglas and dickylewis are not one and the same person????

Douglas M Jun 19th 2007 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4940360)
How do you know that Mrs Douglas and dickylewis are not one and the same person????

Hi dicky,

I knew i could lure you out if i told everyone how beautiful mrs douglas looked in the mornings.

Mrs douglas/Miss alluring, cant ride a motorbike and she hasnt got any special wellies and shes not as whacky as you, so i recon you are who you say you are.

How do you feel about the lone ranger by the way?

regards
douglas

noni Jun 19th 2007 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4940498)
Hi dicky,

I knew i could lure you out if i told everyone how beautiful mrs douglas looked in the mornings.

Mrs douglas/Miss alluring, cant ride a motorbike and she hasnt got any special wellies and shes not as whacky as you, so i recon you are who you say you are.

regards
douglas

I'll be Tonto if you teach me to ride a horse. Must dash got my Goan friends coming, if I rush around perhaps it will warm up the house. It is damp cold and miserable here to-day. I really wanted to show them how beautiful the area is.

dickylewis Jun 19th 2007 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4940498)
Hi dicky,

regards
douglas

Douglas

Good to be back after my bottom smashing ride to france.

Douglas M Jun 19th 2007 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4940572)
Douglas

Good to be back after my bottom smashing ride to france.

Hi dicky,

Nice to have you back, i used to get detention at school for behaving like this. Isnt that the best thing about leaving school, you can be the child they wouldnt let you be.

regards
douglas

dickylewis Jun 19th 2007 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4940767)
Hi dicky,

Nice to have you back, i used to get detention at school for behaving like this. Isnt that the best thing about leaving school, you can be the child they wouldnt let you be.

regards
douglas

So Guys

What have I missed during my week in Dinan. Had a phone call from Goa today teliing me what a big mistake I had made by pulling out! Money not in bank yet so haven't strickly jumped ship.
You buggers had better be right in your influence as the more I hear about Goa, the better it sounds. still looking forward to seeing you chaps in November.:thumbsup:

noni Jun 20th 2007 1:36 am

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4941675)
So Guys

What have I missed during my week in Dinan. Had a phone call from Goa today teliing me what a big mistake I had made by pulling out! Money not in bank yet so haven't strickly jumped ship.
You buggers had better be right in your influence as the more I hear about Goa, the better it sounds. still looking forward to seeing you chaps in November.:thumbsup:

Hi Dicky,
OH Dear having second thoughts, I don't blame you at all. Our decision is made for us but "You pay your money and take your chance" pity, we do not have a crystal ball. Still waiting for my Goan guests - I bet they do not take Rupees on the Seven Bridge.

Hi Douglas - just had an email from a very good friend dual passport Goan-USA, he is in the middle of a deal buying property on Samr Island, he hopes it comes off - is that far from you? If it does might be over in a year or so with a new vest for Mrs. ~D.