British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   D'Costa Palms, Siolim (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/dcosta-palms-siolim-452886/)

dickylewis Jun 4th 2007 9:55 pm

Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Ye Gods

This will take some reading!!!! I do have a pretty stamp on my sales agreement; does this help??

Douglas M Jun 4th 2007 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4874447)
Hi Douglas
Just read your other post, definitely legal. I just get nerdish about certain things, the reason I asked the question is that during my research into various things I read that once the documents have been physically taken in hand the registry people have, by law, to process them, ergo if they don't touch them they don't have to process them, which then means they aren't doing anything wrong. This obviously then saves any legal redress. "We didn't have it therefore we couldn't process it" it's a sort of bureaucratic head waggle.
It also suggests that applications by post may be a way to upset their apple cart a little, providing proof of delivery could be obtained.
Just thinking out loud
Regards
Tony

Hi Tony,

I can see where you are coming from, rather like serving a writ.

India has on paper a sophisticated legal system and lots of sets of rules and charters, ministers and officials often make policy statements and reassure pressure groups.

But they are not worth a light, in practice it is a banana republic.

My application for mutation has been sitting in the mamlatdars office for almost a year. i am not expecting it to emerge soon. In theory there is legal redress, in practice it doesnt exist.

The more pressure that is applied in terms of numbers of FNs that attempt to buy the less likely they are to open the register. When they find out just how many of these idiots are arriving daily on their shores and signing invalid sales agreements, i am not sure what they will do. My guess is new anti FN legislation.

Irrespective of the fact that they dont want permanenant FN residents, Indians are perverse and dont like to lose face, these isssues are far more important than justice to an indian. So even the few FNs who have genuine cases for registration are unlikely to succeed

Thats why douglas is in malaysia.

regards
douglas

Douglas M Jun 4th 2007 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4874614)
Ye Gods

This will take some reading!!!! I do have a pretty stamp on my sales agreement; does this help??

Hi dicky,

No help at all.

Dont even bother at this stage to try and comply, just find out who owns the freehold and arrange for a 5 year lease in your names. ( usually 58 months in practice). There is a chance they will renew it at the end of the term.

Best you can do.

regards

douglas

Douglas M Jun 4th 2007 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by noni (Post 4874243)
Hi Douglas,
See you are in working mode this morning. Have your read Is Goa the new Costa del Sol - in the Sunday Mail. (Just to really start you off this morning)
http.//www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgage...in page id=505

No doubt will hear from you later.

Noni

Hi noni,

Frivolity over for the moment as you say, i think we were all getting a bit silly, but it made a change from FEMA.

I read the Mail article, thank you for the direction, very sad, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing as they say.

keep your chin up

douglas

TONY P Jun 4th 2007 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4874650)
Hi Tony,

I can see where you are coming from, rather like serving a writ.

India has on paper a sophisticated legal system and lots of sets of rules and charters, ministers and officials often make policy statements and reassure pressure groups.

But they are not worth a light, in practice it is a banana republic.

My application for mutation has been sitting in the mamlatdars office for almost a year. i am not expecting it to emerge soon. In theory there is legal redress, in practice it doesnt exist.

The more pressure that is applied in terms of numbers of FNs that attempt to buy the less likely they are to open the register. When they find out just how many of these idiots are arriving daily on their shores and signing invalid sales agreements, i am not sure what they will do. My guess is new anti FN legislation.

Irrespective of the fact that they dont want permanenant FN residents, Indians are perverse and dont like to lose face, these isssues are far more important than justice to an indian. So even the few FNs who have genuine cases for registration are unlikely to succeed

Thats why douglas is in malaysia.

regards
douglas

Hi Douglas
I didn't say that it would work:D but I agree with you about them not liking to lose face, hence head waggle, I don't necessarily agree about new legislation when they have it sewn up already and it is perfectly clear to anyone willing to do some research that there are rules and conditions. Plus eventually some big Daily paper will latch on to the story in a human interest way, and making specific rulings/laws tends to focus attention. Which tends to lead to embarrassing questions:eek:
Maybe we will try Malaysia before finally commiting or being commited:D
Is the Registry closed only in Goa? Are they accepting registrations in say Kerala or Maharashtra? Anybody know?
regards
Tony

Douglas M Jun 4th 2007 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4874984)
Hi Douglas
I didn't say that it would work:D but I agree with you about them not liking to lose face, hence head waggle, I don't necessarily agree about new legislation when they have it sewn up already and it is perfectly clear to anyone willing to do some research that there are rules and conditions. Plus eventually some big Daily paper will latch on to the story in a human interest way, and making specific rulings/laws tends to focus attention. Which tends to lead to embarrassing questions:eek:
Maybe we will try Malaysia before finally commiting or being commited:D
Is the Registry closed only in Goa? Are they accepting registrations in say Kerala or Maharashtra? Anybody know?
regards
Tony

Hi Tony,

I agree that FEMA plus immigration has efectively closed what was the slightly open door to FNs.

However the register closure is probably illegal, so they need some goan legislation to tidy that up.

Other states i cannot comment on, but the main FN interest is obviously focused on goa.

regards

douglas

TONY P Jun 5th 2007 5:41 am

Originally Posted by noni (Post 4874243)
Hi Douglas,
See you are in working mode this morning. Have your read Is Goa the new Costa del Sol - in the Sunday Mail. (Just to really start you off this morning)
http.//www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgage...in page id=505

No doubt will hear from you later.

Noni

Hi Noni
Sent caveat and letter to the Editor under my NdP
Just felt it was time somebody spoke up, hopefully they may even get a proper reporter (investigative) on the subject.
Makes me so angry:curse::curse: they obviously do no background at all.
Plus it may take the smug smile off the face for at least a minute or two.:D
Regards
Tony

dickylewis Jun 5th 2007 8:30 am

I think I wish I knew then what I think I know now!!!! See you at some bar near the Renton, Arpora... sometime late nov- early Dec!:thumbup:

dickylewis Jun 5th 2007 8:35 am

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4876363)
Hi Noni
Sent caveat and letter to the Editor under my NdP
Just felt it was time somebody spoke up, hopefully they may even get a proper reporter (investigative) on the subject.
Makes me so angry:curse::curse: they obviously do no background at all.
Plus it may take the smug smile off the face for at least a minute or two.:D
Regards
Tony

Tony

Don't get angry at the media.... they are like politicians..........tossers, who could not get on a descent degree course! Most are homos or some sort of dysfunctional anyway ( sorry to the good homos reading this)

dickylewis Jun 5th 2007 8:37 am

p.s.

I forgot, I am not a homo but do look a bit like Steve McQueen.......................who apparently wasn't a homo either... sorry; seem to have lost track of this thread!

noni Jun 5th 2007 8:41 am

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4877062)
p.s.

I forgot, I am not a homo but do look a bit like Steve McQueen.......................who apparently wasn't a homo either... sorry; seem to have lost track of this thread!

Taffy you need your holiday.
See you November.

dickylewis Jun 5th 2007 8:50 am

Taffy, Taffy, Taffy.......................I'll give you bloody Taffy. Not even a whiff of the dreaded yacky-daa on my breath. Still proud of heritage but not a good noise to make in business world...... americans don't understand phrases such as "theres lovely!"

noni Jun 5th 2007 8:53 am

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4877100)
Taffy, Taffy, Taffy.......................I'll give you bloody Taffy. Not even a whiff of the dreaded yacky-daa on my breath. Still proud of heritage but not a good noise to make in business world...... americans don't understand phrases such as "theres lovely!"

Night - Boyo

karlq Jun 5th 2007 8:53 am

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4877100)

hi dicky do you eat pasties :lol: i love scouse :thumbsup:

TONY P Jun 5th 2007 10:02 am

Originally Posted by dickylewis (Post 4877051)
Tony

Don't get angry at the media.... they are like politicians..........tossers, who could not get on a descent degree course! Most are homos or some sort of dysfunctional anyway ( sorry to the good homos reading this)

I am not angry at the press per se, what annoys the hell out of me is that most people cannot afford to lose this level of investment and look upon it as some sort of adventure or life enhancing experience. A lot of people who "buy" out there are purchasing their dream and they don't want to buy into a nightmare.
This was an advertising type press release, which purported to be from some "person" in Mumbai who should therfore know what the current situation is and therefore should have been telling it as it is, not reinforcing a fallacy.
The press should realise that by publishing this type of material they are endorsing this method of "purchasing" immovable property and further they, the press have a responsibility, they have obviously not done any research into the current situation at all. If they cannot afford a proper reporter they should get in touch with Douglas, who not only has a nice turn of phrase but the legal understanding as well, and if he doesn't want to do it I will (Anything for a free visa and I might even wangle a free trip to Malaysia to interview him:D)
Nuff said