Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Even more sickening is that this individual is known to have significant funds provided by his work in his community (he works as a cleric and not for free !), yet even though this has been established time and time again by police investigations, he is still funded by the state at a level which exceeds anything the majority of benefit dependant people (or for that matter the average working person) will ever get.
So much for David Cameron's promise to overhaul the benefits system and cap the amount of rent allowance.

And why should Europe interfere with another countries legal system? He is wanted in Jordan for extremely serious criminal offences. Would the UK govt or Europan parliament like it if the Jordanian Govt refused to extradite someone responsible for serious crime in their countries? Somehow I doubt it.

Dread - x
It is the European Court of Human Rights, we signed up to the Convention after the war. Nothing to do with the European Union.
As I said Theresa May is doing her best to get assurance on the use of 'evidence gained from torture'.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:29 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Agree - he and his family should be sent home - which illustrates the very aspect of the Human Rights Act I find offensive !
This scumbag and his like recruit vulnerable people to send out to training camps to be brainwashed into suicide bombers and terrorists!
He is another sicko that we tolerate - I bet to hell that none of the other European countries would keep him - they would deport him like a shot !

Dread - x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
My God Bipat you would argue with yourself in a paperbag. Have I said they are Indians, I was pointing out how our money was being wasted on this tosspot and his family. He should be sent home nevermind what happens to them, they are responsible for their own actions, not living here in luxury when our own people are going without.

Why do you alway pick up on these type of people, and nothing on posts like the balloon.
Because Noni you put so many posts on this thread from the DM about Muslims; equating them with 'Indians in general' and often reaching an inaccurate conclusion.
See your above post --- "99.9% and unfortunately Indians"

The balloon is just an apparently factual report about which I have no personal knowledge.
I would be terrified to go up in a balloon and never, never on one of those balloons from the beach in Goa.

I was therefore actually being sarcastic about Jordan in my last post. No excuse for that. Apologies.

Last edited by Bipat; Mar 26th 2012 at 10:45 am. Reason: Apology
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
'Pull her by the ear, beat her by hand or stick': How the Islamic guide to a happy marriage advises husbands to treat their wives

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1qAAnxNMM

Don't many locals treat their wives like this?
According to the some interpretations of the Koran, domestic violence is allowed in Sharia Law.
According to Jewish / Old Testament law, previously accepted by western Christian societies (for centuries) 'A husband should not beat his wife with a stick thicker than his thumb'.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bipat
Noni you later posted you are only interested in 'Indians'.

I have been unable to find a link to statistics (maybe someone else can).

But latest figures I have found regarding British Muslims:

Pakistani origin 43%, Arab and African 20%, Bangladeshi 11%, Indian 8%
Others ?%

So what you read in the DM about Muslims is least likely to concern 'Indians'.
Bipat, while I am in general agreement with your comment most Brits still follow the Churchillian definition
India is not a nation it is a geographical feature, like the equator
- I seem to recall this has been discussed before - 'India' = 'Indian sub-continent'; after all nearly all 'Indian' restaurants in the UK are Pakistani / Bangladeshi (and Independence+Partition was a rushed botched job).

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
According to Jewish / Old Testament law, previously accepted by western Christian societies (for centuries) 'A husband should not beat his wife with a stick thicker than his thumb'.

AndyD 8-)#
Sounds a great law, ha,ha still wish we (Christians) had one to make them (women) keep a bag on their head, and be able to stone them when they get out of line
Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:06 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Muslims!

Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:15 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Because Noni you put so many posts on this thread from the DM about Muslims; equating them with 'Indians in general' and often reaching an inaccurate conclusion.
See your above post --- "99.9% and unfortunately Indians"

The balloon is just an apparently factual report about which I have no personal knowledge.
I would be terrified to go up in a balloon and never, never on one of those balloons from the beach in Goa.

I was therefore actually being sarcastic about Jordan in my last post. No excuse for that. Apologies.
They are parascending Mattress-type parachutes, not balloons.

Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Goa budget details from today's Herald

http://heraldingoa.blogspot.in/2012/...ghts.html#more

Veri
Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:36 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Agree - he and his family should be sent home - which illustrates the very aspect of the Human Rights Act I find offensive !
This scumbag and his like recruit vulnerable people to send out to training camps to be brainwashed into suicide bombers and terrorists!
He is another sicko that we tolerate - I bet to hell that none of the other European countries would keep him - they would deport him like a shot !

Dread - x
Yes. and most of them, we the british public are financing, through housing and benefits whilst our own go without.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 8:17 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

It is the European Court of Human Rights, we signed up to the Convention after the war. Nothing to do with the European Union.
As I said Theresa May is doing her best to get assurance on the use of 'evidence gained from torture'.

I was not even born then so certainly was not one of the 'we'.

The fact is this - the world has changed completely from when the convention was agreed - today's terrorist is different in that they have no fear about killing themselves in the process.
These dispicable individuals infiltrate Western societies, particularly the UK, sponge off the taxpayer to the tune of millions, then actively preach hate and contribute to the atrocities committed against the very countries they have CHOSEN to live in, and those same countries who have given them money, health care, educated their kids etc. Personally having seen first hand what they stand for it sickens me to the core !

The convention is now out of date and needs to change in order to deal with the current most dangerous human threat to the Western world......... which is the MUSLIM TERRORIST. To do otherwise merely infringes upon the human rights of every other citizen within the UK and other countries.

I have not forgotten the carnage and horror of the London bombings which I worked on for several months at the worst end of things. Nor have I forgotten the plot that caused such massive changes to security at airports where some 2o or so planes were to be blown up in transit. Nor have I forgotten the plots to blow up nightclubs, St Pauls, top tourist spots, and many many others - Slag the Met police all you like but thank your lucky stars that the Met Police Anti Terrorist Branch stopped these other things from taking place, and next time Liberty bang on about people in Belmarsh, think about what most of those in there had intended to do - then ask yourself if you want people who plot and INTEND to do these things let loose on the UK streets?.
Those are the atrocities which Abu Qatada and his ilk recruit people to do - and that is what they go to training camps in Pakistan and Afghan to be taught to do.

And for the moral PC Brigade - the above is FACT - not something read in the gutter press !

So who's happy now to fund Qatada's virtual million quid lifestyle per year?

Dread - x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was not even born then so certainly was not one of the 'we'.

The fact is this - the world has changed completely from when the convention was agreed - today's terrorist is different in that they have no fear about killing themselves in the process.
These dispicable individuals infiltrate Western societies, particularly the UK, sponge off the taxpayer to the tune of millions, then actively preach hate and contribute to the atrocities committed against the very countries they have CHOSEN to live in, and those same countries who have given them money, health care, educated their kids etc. Personally having seen first hand what they stand for it sickens me to the core !

The convention is now out of date and needs to change in order to deal with the current most dangerous human threat to the Western world......... which is the MUSLIM TERRORIST. To do otherwise merely infringes upon the human rights of every other citizen within the UK and other countries.

I have not forgotten the carnage and horror of the London bombings which I worked on for several months at the worst end of things. Nor have I forgotten the plot that caused such massive changes to security at airports where some 2o or so planes were to be blown up in transit. Nor have I forgotten the plots to blow up nightclubs, St Pauls, top tourist spots, and many many others - Slag the Met police all you like but thank your lucky stars that the Met Police Anti Terrorist Branch stopped these other things from taking place, and next time Liberty bang on about people in Belmarsh, think about what most of those in there had intended to do - then ask yourself if you want people who plot and INTEND to do these things let loose on the UK streets?.
Those are the atrocities which Abu Qatada and his ilk recruit people to do - and that is what they go to training camps in Pakistan and Afghan to be taught to do.

And for the moral PC Brigade - the above is FACT - not something read in the gutter press !

So who's happy now to fund Qatada's virtual million quid lifestyle per year?

Dread - x
By "We" I meant the British. I didn't think you were personally responsible, neither was I.
You well know the history and why the Convention was drawn up following the atrocities of the last war.
My above post was pointing out that the Convention had nothing to do with the European Union, a common mistake.
I have several times said in posts on this Forum that the Convention needs updating.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:24 pm

By "We" I meant the British. I didn't think you were personally responsible, neither was I.
You well know the history and why the Convention was drawn up following the atrocities of the last war.
My above post was pointing out that the Convention had nothing to do with the European Union, a common mistake.
I have several times said in posts on this Forum that the Convention needs updating.
At last we agree on something !
Isn't that rather scary !!!

My point is that I believe no other European country would keep the likes of Qatada, they would deport them. I also believe that no other European country would house them, feed them or pay them benefits. Nor would other European countries tolerate demands for Sharia law - in fact France has even outlawed the wearing of bhurkas etc.
The UK has a legal aid system that allows untold funds for these criminals (who could even be called treasonists when considering the precise legal definition) to use every loophole possible to avoid deportation. It is that which does not sit well with me and shows a need for an overhaul of the current systems.

Dread - x

Dread - x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Very scary.

That happened here in New Zealand just a couple of months ago. 11 people died.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At last we agree on something !
Isn't that rather scary !!!

My point is that I believe no other European country would keep the likes of Qatada, they would deport them. I also believe that no other European country would house them, feed them or pay them benefits. Nor would other European countries tolerate demands for Sharia law - in fact France has even outlawed the wearing of bhurkas etc.
The UK has a legal aid system that allows untold funds for these criminals (who could even be called treasonists when considering the precise legal definition) to use every loophole possible to avoid deportation. It is that which does not sit well with me and shows a need for an overhaul of the current systems.

Dread - x
Dread - x
We have agreed before, I twice praised your post regarding "tarring with the same brush" ordinary Muslims.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.