British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   Coming to Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/coming-goa-492255/)

poppetjay Apr 19th 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Coming to Goa

I quite agree sunseasand clicker888 should click himself off, his already had a dressing down from other members on another thread, and yes he must think we are all stupid AND WELL OFF,when you can get apartments for 6-8000rps a month, sorry go find some rich buddies to rent your flat too because we are not INTERESTED :curse:if you want to advertise go to real estate or put an ad in the paper dont bother us>

kontiki77 May 23rd 2008 10:07 pm

I stayed in an appartment in Benaulim for 6 months recently. It is the whole top floor of a large 3y old house. It consists of 2 big bedrooms, large dining ktchen, large lounge, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, TV, battery back-up so no power cuts, hot water. It only cost me 10,000RP a month around £120. The family living underneath are lovely.

If anyone is interested I can give you the phone no or address.

Remy-Ireland May 24th 2008 4:08 am

Originally Posted by kontiki77 (Post 6388214)
I stayed in an appartment in Benaulim for 6 months recently. It is the whole top floor of a large 3y old house. It consists of 2 big bedrooms, large dining ktchen, large lounge, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, TV, battery back-up so no power cuts, hot water. It only cost me 10,000RP a month around £120. The family living underneath are lovely.

If anyone is interested I can give you the phone no or address.

Makes one wonder why we ever wanted to buy instead of renting.
Sounds Fab.

Mitzyboy May 24th 2008 4:31 am

Originally Posted by poppetjay (Post 6237100)
I quite agree sunseasand clicker888 should click himself off, his already had a dressing down from other members on another thread, and yes he must think we are all stupid AND WELL OFF,when you can get apartments for 6-8000rps a month, sorry go find some rich buddies to rent your flat too because we are not INTERESTED :curse:if you want to advertise go to real estate or put an ad in the paper dont bother us>

No its not allowed, sorry I didn't pick up on straight away

emsirrah May 24th 2008 7:09 am

Remy - I will tell you why - we did the same thing for 10 years and rented for the winter months - our first rent was about 2,000 a month - but back to now - Our landlord would not let us store our ever increasing goods and chattels and we bought things like big fridges and micros etc to make our life as comy as we wanted it to be. (which were in his flat and he could have used them in the monsoon) so what else should we do. We had a Goan friend who would store our things but as we got more and more "things" like comy beds and fridges he could not store them so we decided that we would buy a flat. We went through the "proper" channels (or so we thought) so this is where we are now.
We love Goa and spend about 7+months each year there - thank goodness we never sold up our main home - and will continue to live in Goa for as many months as we can. Our 2yearx has just been reduced to 1yearx so we do not know what will happen next time.

Remy-Ireland May 24th 2008 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by emsirrah (Post 6389652)
Remy - I will tell you why - we did the same thing for 10 years and rented for the winter months - our first rent was about 2,000 a month - but back to now - Our landlord would not let us store our ever increasing goods and chattels and we bought things like big fridges and micros etc to make our life as comy as we wanted it to be. (which were in his flat and he could have used them in the monsoon) so what else should we do. We had a Goan friend who would store our things but as we got more and more "things" like comy beds and fridges he could not store them so we decided that we would buy a flat. We went through the "proper" channels (or so we thought) so this is where we are now.
We love Goa and spend about 7+months each year there - thank goodness we never sold up our main home - and will continue to live in Goa for as many months as we can. Our 2yearx has just been reduced to 1yearx so we do not know what will happen next time.

Hi emsirrah,
I see your point and share your frustration and sincerely hope that the Indian Government persecutes the big land grabbers and accepts people like yourself as an asset.

Regards,
Remy