Reload this Page >

British and German Food

British and German Food

Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Richard_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile British and German Food

Hello Guys and Girls!

Please, could you give any kind of opinion if you compare German and British food and say what foods you rather miss?

Thank you
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:27 am
Just Joined

burgin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British and German Food

Hello,

Me: teabags, marmite.
Other members of family: Cadbury's, Hellmanns, bacon.

But, all of the above are available (Munich anyway) with some effort and cost.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Richard_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burgin
Hello,

Me: teabags, marmite.
Other members of family: Cadbury's, Hellmanns, bacon.

But, all of the above are available (Munich anyway) with some effort and cost.
Is there anything German you love?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:51 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard_UK
Is there anything German you love?
Jurgen Klinsmann...in a manly sort of way
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

burgin is an unknown quantity at this point

The no-nonsense, orderly way of doing things.
Food wise, kaiserschmarm.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

I am not British. But I heard many British complaining about the food in Germany, the choice and the freshness. I am not sure if you are moving to Germany but food might be a disappointment.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

German bread ! Wonderful ! Or is that the stuff in Britannia is now so awful ?

German cheeses and German Wurst. Before I became a teetotaller - German beer ! The REINHEITSGEBOT ! Aaaaaah !
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

stewpot is an unknown quantity at this point

PG tips,marmite and brown sauce
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Working in the Middle East I had a simple rule. When I went into a restaurant, if I saw brown sauce on the table, I would go elsewhere !

The Germans are not very good at tea 1 I like real tea - not that horrid stuff in teabags. Vile American invention !
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

stewpot is an unknown quantity at this point

get my stuff from the local Real store
Old Dec 10th 2012, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

hales is on a distinguished road

Most British foods can be obtained. We have an Asian shop which sells marmite, custard powder, tea bags, self raising flour etc. There is also a van that visits Osnabrück once a month with British food. Just Google 'Food from Home' and you can see where they visit in Germany. And Scot47, the reason the Germans are not very good at making our tea is that they don't realise that the water must be boiling.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Our tea" ?? Mine comes from India !!!
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
I am not British. But I heard many British complaining about the food in Germany, the choice and the freshness. I am not sure if you are moving to Germany but food might be a disappointment.
It depends where you live in Germany. Smaller towns generally have access to fresh food, but less access to 'proper' bacon and lamb. It astonished me when I asked for a half leg of lamb, to be told that it had to be ordered. Much easier to buy pork and chicken which you can see on the spot.

I enjoy the asparagus season, it is very pale but thick and succulent, and of course there is a good range of sausage.
Old Dec 27th 2012, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Working in the Middle East I had a simple rule. When I went into a restaurant, if I saw brown sauce on the table, I would go elsewhere !
I like that trick
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Hayley89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmm, I love German food! When I move there, I truly look forward to eating healthier! I find that fresh vegetables are cheaper! Also, my weakness... currywurst. Oh currywurst. <3

However, I noticed that there isn't much to cook with when making Chinese cuisine. I love cooking with noodles, but Kaufland was lacking in the noodles and sauces that I like - I use Blue Dragon. Also, no HP brown sauce, boo!

I also love how Persian food is very available in Germany, this is great since it's a big part of my other half's diet!

Last edited by Hayley89; Jan 4th 2013 at 10:37 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.