Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Anmeldeformular filling out

Anmeldeformular filling out

Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Jack9912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anmeldeformular filling out

Can anyone who's filled out the above please advise me on filling out my one.

Im a brit... i might very soon start looking for a job. I've been given a friends house to use in Frankfurt.

With impending brexit i think I'd be as well as quick possible - ie within the week - to register myself as living in my friends house.

I've Googled the correct way of doing this as a newly arrived eu citizen I find that I simply need to fill out the above form

I think as the owner of the house I'm staying , he would have to sign the form detailing that he has given me permission to live their.

I will not be paying rent - so will have no rental agreement

For the purpose of registering my presence as an eu citizen and doing so within the first 3 months of arrival - is filling out the residence form ( anmeldeformular) , having it signed by the owner of the house and presenting this together with my passport at the local authority sufficient?

My friend will not actually be with me when I visit the local authority / office - he lives abroad...but he'll sign any form.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anmeldeformular filling out

The form your friend has to fill in is here:

http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/media...%2011_2016.pdf
Old Feb 28th 2017, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Jack9912 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Watchpost
The form your friend has to fill in is here:

http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/media...%2011_2016.pdf

Thank you .

Is this form defiantly for eu citizens like me who have hitherto never lived in Germany ? And is it a step towards getting the German equivalent of a national insurance number ?so as to permit work?
Old Feb 28th 2017, 10:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

The form at the link I gave applies to everyone, including German citizens. It's purely for your friend to declare that he is providing you with accommodation. He completes and signs that form for you, and you then hand it over when you register yourself as being resident in Frankfurt. That will involve separate form-filling.

There is no "national insurance" in Germany and you don't need an equivalent of an NI number before you can work. Showing your British passport should be sufficient (pre-Brexit) to assure an employer that you're allowed to work in Germany. Once you've signed the employment contract, you then set up health insurance with one of the health insurance funds. Your employer may arrange for a rep to come to your place of work, but if not you just go to the offices of your preferred insurance fund and explain your situation.