Where to live

Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

mariat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live

Hi,
I'm moving to Paris in a couple of months and will be working in Courbevoie. I think getting there from Paris is not too easy. Can you recommend where to live nearby? I want a nice and safe area, as have a little baby.
Thanks,
Maria
Old Jul 9th 2011, 4:53 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live

Hi Maria, several posters live or know Paris, so you'll get a helpful reply. Read your other two posts, so from me, welcome.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 7:05 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
I used to live in the S.W. suburbs and my train to St Lazare passed through Courbevoie.
I wouldn't recommend living in Paris and commuting out to Courbevoie. Neither would I recommend living in Courbevoie!
http://www.transilien.com/web/site/a...au/plans-ligne
shows a couple of plans of the railway network from St Lazare (sorry, I didn't manage to download them to see which one covers Courbevoie) and I would suggest looking around some of the towns on that line (NOT Suresnes, Puteaux or La Défense!).
For childcare, enquire at the Mairie of the Commune where you decide to live, to see whether there's room in the municipal crêche, otherwise they'll advise you about authorized "Assistantes Maternelles".
Hope this helps a little!
added later: http://www.transilien.com/web/webdav...df/ligne_L.pdf
It's line L and I'd recommend St Cloud, Ville d'Avray, Chaville, even Versailles.... or the Vaucresson line

Last edited by dmu; Jul 9th 2011 at 7:15 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

danielle1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maria,

I live in Conflans Ste Honorine which is further out than Courbevoie and served by the RER A and train lines J and L. Whilst Conflans may be a little too far out for you, Courbevoie is only 3 mins by train / 5-10 mins by bus from the major transport interchange at La Défense, so think about all the lines that go through there and work out your timings. To give you an idea, I get to La Défense from Conflans in about 20 mins.

The small towns along the RER A line are not bad (think Sartrouville, Houilles; Maisons-Lafitte is lovely and has a friendly English / American community but is quite pricey - nice to be closeby though).

Don't hesitate to get in touch if you want further information on this area or to eventually meet up for a coffee!

Good luck,

Danielle