Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to France with my Moroccan Husband

Wanting to move to France with my Moroccan Husband

Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

emilyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to France with my Moroccan Husband

Hello there,

I wondered if anyone might know the rules or the best place to contact regarding legally what is required to move to France with my Moroccan husband. I have been married for six months and we have been together for three years. I have spent time in Morocco but I would like to relocate to France, as most of my family live in the Ardeche and have done for 25 years. We have talked about living together in the UK and applying for a spousal visa but neither of us want to live in the UK.

As a UK citizen would my husband and I need to obtain a short stay visa first for him and then apply for a longer stay visa or a residency permit? I have my own alternative therapy business which I would look to start up in France.

Apologies if it seems an obvious question to others but I am just tentatively starting to look at what we would need to do. Perhaps the British embassy in Paris might be the best starting point?

Thanking you in advance for any advice or pointers that you can give me.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 6:47 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to France with my Moroccan Husband

Originally Posted by emilyd
Hello there,

I wondered if anyone might know the rules or the best place to contact regarding legally what is required to move to France with my Moroccan husband. I have been married for six months and we have been together for three years. I have spent time in Morocco but I would like to relocate to France, as most of my family live in the Ardeche and have done for 25 years. We have talked about living together in the UK and applying for a spousal visa but neither of us want to live in the UK.

As a UK citizen would my husband and I need to obtain a short stay visa first for him and then apply for a longer stay visa or a residency permit? I have my own alternative therapy business which I would look to start up in France.

Apologies if it seems an obvious question to others but I am just tentatively starting to look at what we would need to do. Perhaps the British embassy in Paris might be the best starting point?

Thanking you in advance for any advice or pointers that you can give me.
Hi and welcome to the forum!
The first port of call that springs to mind would be the French Consulate in Morocco.
I should also look carefully into all the aspects of starting up an alternative therapy business in France, esp. if you'll be living in the Ardèche. If your husband is unable to find work, would your take-home income be sufficient to live on?
Check on your future "survival" (even with family around to help out), at the same time as enquiring about your husband's status in Europe.
P.S. Not knowing what type of alternative therapy, I'm wondering whether you have to be officially accredited before you can practise....

Last edited by dmu; Dec 12th 2013 at 7:15 am.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

emilyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanting to move to France with my Moroccan Husband

Thank you so much for taking the time to write back. Actually we went to the French Consulate in Marrakesh and they were dreadfully unhelpful and just told us to look on the website. So I am still trying to figure their information out on that. Re my business I won't be based in the Ardeche but a good heads up. So thank you for your thoughts on that. Kind regards Emily