Val50

Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Val50

Just thought I would post a copy of this to let you know she has had an accident in Canada, so that you can wish Val a speedy recovery.

just a quick note from my hospital bed - some one rear ended me whilst driving in Halifax. Have broken arm, neck injuries but doesn't seem too serious, apart from aching all over and feeling really sorry for myself. Arm in plaster so difficult to type, so might not be around for next few days.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

stinkyinca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Val50

So sorry to hear about your accident and to send very warm wishes for a speedy recovery.

Looking forward to having you back soon so you can keep this lot on here in order!

Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Val.
Sorry to hear you had an accident. I do hope everybody is OK.

I look forward to hearing from you (soon) when you are back where you belong.

take care

P.S thanks for letting us know JD
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

snoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant future

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your accident....get well soon.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:02 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Hope you start feeling better soon Val
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Confined to bed with broken arm and neck brace she may be ............. but I warn you ...........she's still checking in here Us mods are made of sterner stuff you know
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:01 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Val,I hope you mend quickly,so sorry to hear the news.Lots of love and warm wishes. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:31 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry to hear this Val. I feared something was up. When I saw the thread leader I thought that you'd been caught by the leaving BE bug that's been going around recently. Happy that's not the case. That would be serious. No laughing matter I agree. I hope that you are well and that in some way this site can help fill in a few irritated hours while you convalesce. T.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:10 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default An Armless Moderator!

Oh Lord, poor you. Having said that, have considered breaking own arm recently as good excuse not to have to go clean toilets at 5.15 am. When I was trying to emigrate to Canada I landed at Halifax (sideways, I might add due to crosswinds!) and its a lovely place. Totally adored the airport after Heathrow - it was very Heath(row) Robinson. Rather alarmed at three blokes dashing out with wheelbarrows to unload the luggage though ..... (only joking, they had proper carts on wheels like Postman Pat).

Now, have suggestions as to what one can do with one arm, but not suitable for mixed company, and as for the "rear-ended" bit, well that is probably best left alone too!

So here's a joke to cheer you up, with pre-apologies to any psychiatrists reading this:

Bloke: Doctor Doctor I keep thinking I'm a moth
Doctor: Well, you really need a psychiatrist I think
Bloke: I was on my way there but your light was on.

Presume as you have neck brace you have whiplash, which is pretty unpleasant but at least you can flog it on e-bay afterwards.

The things people sell on that site, do you know, there was a coffin on there once - yes, a coffin. Sounded a bargain, only one previous owner, as new condition (save for a bit of fire damage), and all in walnut. Talk about going out in style ...

Anyway, best wishes from me and hope you feel better soon.

Andy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:26 am
Just Joined

k1w1 is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear about your accident Val, hope you are feeling better soon.

Sue
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An Armless Moderator!

Originally Posted by Andrea50

The things people sell on that site, do you know, there was a coffin on there once - yes, a coffin. Sounded a bargain, only one previous owner, as new condition (save for a bit of fire damage), and all in walnut. Talk about going out in style ...

Andy

Was it a veneered fish or solid walnut
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:56 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, solid walnut, real brass handles etc. Would have made great shelves for anyone practical with a circular saw and a drill.

Hope you are feeling even better today Val - every day is one day more of your recovery! Hope you aren't in too much pain.

A number of years ago my cousin was a nursing sister in an Oxford hospital. She was researching methods of pain relief etc for a paper on the subject and therefore conducting research on people who came in with painful injuries. She had one woman who came in with a broken arm and damaged neck, who insisted she had fallen off a chair at home whilst painting the ceiling. She was a very up-standing member of the community (chair of parish council, school governor etc) this lady, and very posh. Whilst going under the anaesthetic for the arm to be set, she was burbling on, and it emerged she actually fell off the balcony at a theatre while watching a Chippendales concert!!!!

Now for all you "nice" folk out there, the Chippendales were a bunch of male strippers who used to go totally mad on stage, ripping off their clothes with wild abandon, accompanied by very loud, primitive thumping Tina Turner tracks, and drive women nutty. Obviously, our very staid school governor caught the mood, got carried away and ended up in an ambulance with a broken arm and neck brace on .....

Any men out there with "injuries" resulting from a trip to Moulin Rouge at all?

Not implying anything here Val, but Chippendales WERE on tour in Canada at the time you were injured ........ you go girl!!!!!

Take it easy folks,

Andy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez val, I've just seen this... I'm so sorry. My best wishes for a speedy, complete recovery and an early return to Carentan. Is there anything I can ask my cousins to do for you back there? PM me if so.

Novo
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,
many thanks for the kind thoughts and all the pm's
really made me laugh and was a good pick up
left arm is broken and in plaster so excuse any typo's
haven't quite got the hang of typing with one finger yet
think someone is trying to tell us something
OH and I have both had accidents here in NS in the last 6 months
despite never having a single one in the last 30 years.
I don't think Canada likes us
I am so homesick - was due to fly back to France this week but have had to put on hold at the moment as have to see orthopod on Monday for review of arm - was very swollen on Monday - not sure if the 5 hour wait in A&E had anything to do with it
There was such a miserable English nurse working there, a real witch.
was tempted to ask if she was a BE member

with nothing else to do, will be looking forward to reading all the posts on the forum, so keep em coming
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Just thought I would post a copy of this to let you know she has had an accident in Canada, so that you can wish Val a speedy recovery.
Val,
very sorry to hear of your predicament , and wish you a speedy recovery.
I trust this following story may put a smile on your face:-

Even if you aren't a skier, you'll be able to appreciate the humor of the slopes as written in this account by a New Orleans paper:
One of the women in a group of holiday skiers on a trip to Utah, complained to her husband that she was in dire need of a restroom. He told her not to worry, that he was sure there was relief waiting at the top of the lift in the form of a powder room for female skiiers in distress. He was wrong, of course, and the pain did not go away.
If you've ever had nature hit its panic button in you, then you know that a temperature of 12 below zero degrees doesn't help matters. So, with time running out, the woman weighed her options.
Her husband, picking up on the intensity of the pain, suggested that since she was wearing an all-white ski outfit, she should go off in the woods. No one would even notice, he assured her. The white will provide more than adequate camouflage. So she headed for the tree line, began disrobing and proceeded to do her thing.
If you've ever parked on the side of a slope, then you know there is a right way and a wrong way to set your skies so you don't move. Yup, you got it. She had them positioned the wrong way.
Steep slopes are not forgiving, even during embarrassing moments. Without warning, the woman found herself skiing backward, out-of-control, racing through the trees, somehow missing all of them, and into another slope. Her derriere and the reverse side were still bare, her pants down around her knees and she was picking up speed all the while.
She continued on backwards, totally out-of-control, creating an unusual vista for the other skiiers.
The Woman skied, if you define that verb loosely, back under the lift, and finally collided violently with a pylon. The bad news was that she broke her arm and was unable to pull up her ski pants. At long last her husband arrived, put an end to her nudie show, then went to the base of the mountain and summoned ski patrol, who transported her to a hospital.
In the emergency room she was regrouping when a man with an obviously broken leg was put in the bed next to hers. "So, how'd you break your leg?" she said, making small talk.
"It was the darnest thing you ever saw," he said. "I was riding up this ski lift, and suddenly I couldn't believe my eyes. There was this crazy woman skiing backward out of control down the mountain with her bare bottom hanging out of her clothes and her pants down around her knees."
"I leaned over to get a better look and I guess I didn't realize how far I'd moved. I fell out of the lift."
"So how'd you break your arm?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.