Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

UK Thriller Series on French tv

UK Thriller Series on French tv

Old Apr 29th 2019, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Thriller Series on French tv

For those who may be interested, tonight (Mon) sees the start of the UK 4-part thriller series Cheat. This is on FR2 at 21:00 with the title Obsession.
Some of these UK thriller series are brilliant, and last night was the last of Unforgotten, which was well worth watching.
Prior to that we watched over several weeks one complete season of the police drama Happy Valley - which is highly recomended if you come across the DVD's.

All the aforementioned on tv here are dubbed in French, which Mme TP obviously prefers, although with a suitable decoder one can change the sound-track to the original English.
With the Happy Valley series, just for a change I suggested watching in English, but after about 10mins found myself struggling a little with the West Yorkshire accent, whilst Mme was at a complete loss. Surprisingly, changing the track to French was easier to follow - even for myself.
Should be interesting this evening to see if Cheat - aka Obsession lives up to the full page Tele7Jour hype.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Thriller Series on French tv

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
For those who may be interested, tonight (Mon) sees the start of the UK 4-part thriller series Cheat. This is on FR2 at 21:00 with the title Obsession.
Some of these UK thriller series are brilliant, and last night was the last of Unforgotten, which was well worth watching.
Prior to that we watched over several weeks one complete season of the police drama Happy Valley - which is highly recomended if you come across the DVD's.

All the aforementioned on tv here are dubbed in French, which Mme TP obviously prefers, although with a suitable decoder one can change the sound-track to the original English.
With the Happy Valley series, just for a change I suggested watching in English, but after about 10mins found myself struggling a little with the West Yorkshire accent, whilst Mme was at a complete loss. Surprisingly, changing the track to French was easier to follow - even for myself.
Should be interesting this evening to see if Cheat - aka Obsession lives up to the full page Tele7Jour hype.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll be watching it!
I watched The Unforgotten and was happy to discover that I could get it en v.o. I did actually add French sub-titles, in case I missed vital points. Since there's no mention of VM in the TV magazine for Obsession, I suspect that it'll be dubbed in French....
Good watching!
Old Apr 29th 2019, 8:54 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Thanks for the reminder, I'll be watching it!
I watched The Unforgotten and was happy to discover that I could get it en v.o. I did actually add French sub-titles, in case I missed vital points. Since there's no mention of VM in the TV magazine for Obsession, I suspect that it'll be dubbed in French....
Good watching!
It was directly in v.o. with French sub-titles....
Can't wait for next Monday!!
Old Apr 30th 2019, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

These first 2 episodes last night appeared to live up to expectations.
We had a good smile near the end of the 2nd episode when I said to my wife, "At least I'm so relieved you have a very ancient (nonSmart) phone and unable to send or receive compromising photos" And I don't have or want a portable phone either, so she's happy with that too
Now what did I do with my Box Brownie?......

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Apr 30th 2019 at 6:51 am.
Old May 4th 2019, 6:23 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There's another UK thriller on France 3 tomorrow evening (Sunday): "Prey" (marked VM...)
A reminder that the last two episodes of "Obsession" are being shown on Monday evening!
Old May 4th 2019, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi DMU,
Yes, I noted that the other evening from T7J and then watched the trailer.
Looks good.
Looking forward to both.

Did you see that excellent documentary on Alain Delon last night on FR3? What an exraordinary life - talk about highs and profound lows.......
I'm a great fan. Believe a few ladies appreciate him too. From his avatar believe that BritinParis may be a fan too.
It was shown under the series 'Un Jour un Destin', which I would expect to be aired shortly on YTube. Imho, well worth checking out.
For fans, 2 other particularly interesting interviews with A. Delon: Link
and
Old May 4th 2019, 10:01 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Hi DMU,
Yes, I noted that the other evening from T7J and then watched the trailer. HERE Looks good.
Looking forward to both.

Did you see that excellent documentary on Alain Delon last night on FR3? What an exraordinary life - talk about highs and profound lows.......
I'm a great fan. Believe a few ladies appreciate him too. From his avatar believe that BritinParis may be a fan too.
It was shown under the series 'Un Jour un Destin', which I would expect to be aired shortly on YTube. Imho, well worth checking out.
For fans, 2 other particularly interesting interviews with A. Delon: Link HERE and HERE
I'm certainly one of them! Ever since I saw him in "La Piscine" when I first arrived, I can't get enough of him! OH always groaned when I announced another Delon film on the TV....
On the other hand, it was the first time I had seen Jane Birkin and I've avoided her ever since!!