Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

travelling to CAEN

travelling to CAEN

Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

picker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default travelling to CAEN

I've got a ferry booked at 16h30 on Tues 21 Dec from Caen. We live 60km west of Nantes. Can anyone help me with the state of the roads? Thanks.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Default travelling to CAEN

I live about 50km west of Nantes; am a widow with 2 young boys. We will be travelling to Caen on Tuesday and I'm a bit concerned about the weather conditions. Does anyone live in Caen or en route to there and can throw some light on the situation? Thanks.

Last edited by Sue; Dec 19th 2010 at 2:12 pm. Reason: Two threads merged.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 4:43 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: travelling to CAEN

Originally Posted by picker
I've got a ferry booked at 16h30 on Tues 21 Dec from Caen. We live 60km west of Nantes. Can anyone help me with the state of the roads? Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by picker
I live about 50km west of Nantes; am a widow with 2 young boys. We will be travelling to Caen on Tuesday and I'm a bit concerned about the weather conditions. Does anyone live in Caen or en route to there and can throw some light on the situation? Thanks.
General forecast for France is a general improvement over the next few days, with a slight increase in temperatures. So making an educated guess in that area, I would say that what snow may be present now should probably clear by Tues. (However some might say, me making an educated guess is like asking Les Lawson to play the piano).......
But just to be sure why don't you Google 'Meteo France', or 'Condition MeteoFrance' or something similar?
Bonne route!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 7:17 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
General forecast for France is a general improvement over the next few days, with a slight increase in temperatures. So making an educated guess in that area, I would say that what snow may be present now should probably clear by Tues. (However some might say, me making an educated guess is like asking Les Lawson to play the piano).......
But just to be sure why don't you Google 'Meteo France', or 'Condition MeteoFrance' or something similar?
Bonne route!
Also "bison-fûté" for roadworks and other problems.
http://www.bison-fute.equipement.gou...iri/Accueil.do
and click on the Bretagne/Normandie area.
Do the Météo and Bison-fûté tomorrow morning to be more up to date.
Bon courage!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: travelling to CAEN

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Bonne route!
Thanks for your advice.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

marie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nicemarie1027 is just really nice

hi everybody,
sorry for the late (and obviously not helpful) answer but i just saw this post.
i ve seen that some of you are traveling to caen, and as i ll be moving to caen with my boyfriend i d like to know if it would be possible to have some informations about working there when you re british, or if there is some places to go to meet british people and share their experiences.
thanks for your answer.