Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

transfer of pension?? please help!

transfer of pension?? please help!

Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

my flowers are beautiful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transfer of pension?? please help!

hello

my BF and I are moving to Montpellier at the end of this month (I am French he is British). We have both worked a few years here and would like to have our pension transferred to France: so when we arrive at retirement age the years we have worked here (6 for me - 12 for him) would be counted in... (in France the age you are entitled your pension depends on the number of years you have worked)

Any idea?
I heard of a E205 but can't find anything!
Has anybody transferred their pension?

Thanks!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all
Default Re: transfer of pension?? please help!

[QUOTE=my flowers are beautiful]hello

my BF and I are moving to Montpellier at the end of this month (I am French he is British). We have both worked a few years here and would like to have our pension transferred to France: so when we arrive at retirement age the years we have worked here (6 for me - 12 for him) would be counted inI heard of a E205 but can't find anything!

I have not transferred my pension as such, although I have been in a slightly similar situation to yours. (Originally French, I lived in the UK for 35 years and have been back in France for 5 years - near Montpellier). I now receive a UK state pension - and normally could also get a very small pension for the 6 years I worked in France, but I have decided to defer it until I am 65 - "they" offered me a deal so that I will get a few more euros then.
I decided (by default) to keep the 2 pensions separate, as it was complicated enough to try to find out about the French one - so many trips to CRAM, such a huge and complex "dossier" to compile, and interestingly, nobody ever mentioned to me that I could transfer my UK pension here. Perhaps it is because I have not worked since I have returned to France, so that the 6 "French" years are from "before". I would be interested to find out if, economically, it makes good sense to transfer -
I haven't - knowingly - heard of E205 - in any case, good luck, I would love to know how you will be getting on!

Last edited by karunia; Apr 11th 2006 at 5:25 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old May 5th 2006, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Frankly , the way "frozen" U.K. pensions perform and yield , it is always better to have such balances transferred , to a reputable provider , like Friends Provident or similar ;
this can in some instances be done wih an international adviser/broker , and in some others , with a U.K. IFA .
If interested to pursue further , send me an e-mail or PM , then we can see who to put you in touch with , to optimise the situations...
Old May 18th 2006, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by my flowers are beautiful
hello

my BF and I are moving to Montpellier at the end of this month (I am French he is British). We have both worked a few years here and would like to have our pension transferred to France: so when we arrive at retirement age the years we have worked here (6 for me - 12 for him) would be counted in... (in France the age you are entitled your pension depends on the number of years you have worked)

Any idea?
I heard of a E205 but can't find anything!

Thanks!!
You have to get in touch with the International Department at the Department of Work and Pensions (http://www.dwp.gov.uk/). You fill out some form to request a summary of your contributions to date (just a list of eligible years) and then you give that to the authorities in France. I got mine after about 4 weeks. You can also fax the application in but mark it for the attention of the International Department. If you have a temporary NI number (based upon your name and date of birth) you need to register to get a permanent one first before they've give you the certificate.
Good luck!