andybryant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speed Cameras

If you've got TomTom - get a list of POIs here for speedtraps in France
http://www.alertegps.com/Download.asp?a=ar&s=&f=tomtom

Originally Posted by bourgogne
watch out certain departments are now using them a lot
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:49 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

2 or 3 kms??????????? like half the average walking pace??? new tyres can alter your speedo!! not least 80%? of analogue speedos come off the grear box and are at least 5-7% out !! that could be 5-7kms ?

I was stopped for doing 48 in a 45 limit once! police probed car i asked them to look at my speedo! they did and asked why?

"where is the 45"? they said errrr it goes up in 10's! yes 20-30-40-50 i can hoover about between 40 and 50 but no idea where its really at! they noted it but where really peeved no fine )

Speeding is an absolute offence. You can be prosecuted if you go 0.1km/hr over. Ignorance is not a defence unfortunately. An application of common sense is what is needed.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Speeding is an absolute offence. You can be prosecuted if you go 0.1km/hr over. Ignorance is not a defence unfortunately. An application of common sense is what is needed.
sorry about that mate but the speedo goes up in 10's nothing between them no lines no marks

tough! I cant stick to a speed my speedo wont show I can only estimate it.

0.1km? IMPOSSIBLE its 10% plus a km or two.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:19 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

sorry about that mate but the speedo goes up in 10's nothing between them no lines no marks

tough! I cant stick to a speed my speedo wont show I can only estimate it.

0.1km? IMPOSSIBLE its 10% plus a km or two.

You miss my point and obviously can't read! I didnt comment on how accurate yours or anyone else speedo is. I was pointing out that speeding is an absolute offence, ie any advance over it is illegal.Your 10% plus a km or two is the common sense approach that I was talking about. Under your arguement you could disconnect your speedo and claim to the police that you had no way of knowing what speed you were going and therefore deserve to be let off!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

You miss my point and obviously can't read! I didnt comment on how accurate yours or anyone else speedo is. I was pointing out that speeding is an absolute offence, ie any advance over it is illegal.Your 10% plus a km or two is the common sense approach that I was talking about. Under your arguement you could disconnect your speedo and claim to the police that you had no way of knowing what speed you were going and therefore deserve to be let off!!!!
a disconnected speedo is a car unfit for the road! i'd expect to be fined for that.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:20 pm
Humble vaudevillian

a disconnected speedo is a car unfit for the road! i'd expect to be fined for that.
Do you deliberately miss the point of every post?

The old addage is right - Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Do you deliberately miss the point of every post?

The old addage is right - Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
you are rude and a troll

my last post to you

mr 0.1kmh
Old Apr 9th 2006, 6:19 pm
Humble vaudevillian

you are rude and a troll

my last post to you

mr 0.1kmh
Nothing in my last post to incorrectly interpret then? If you're dizzying intellect cannot construct a better argument than that I will not feel at a loss for the cessation of your sparkling reparte