Reload this Page >

Some questions regarding citizenship

Some questions regarding citizenship

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:17 am
Just Joined

nanosec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some questions regarding citizenship

Apologies if this question has been answered, but here's my scenario:

I am Canadian, and my wife, having been born in French Polynesia and brought to Canada at a young age is a permanent resident of Canada.

I know that she can get her French passport at any time, but how does this play out for myself and our 3 kids?

At this stage no big plans have been made, but I'd like to know if there are options to do this, and if it has to be done before my children are over 18.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 7:19 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions regarding citizenship

Originally Posted by nanosec
Apologies if this question has been answered, but here's my scenario:

I am Canadian, and my wife, having been born in French Polynesia and brought to Canada at a young age is a permanent resident of Canada.

I know that she can get her French passport at any time, but how does this play out for myself and our 3 kids?

At this stage no big plans have been made, but I'd like to know if there are options to do this, and if it has to be done before my children are over 18.
Yes it does, unless they too were born in France. For yourself. you can apply for citizenship by marriage after you become resident in France (if that's your intention).

Last edited by Novocastrian; Feb 3rd 2013 at 7:23 am.