Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Slightly OT but don't know where to ask...criminal records check?

Slightly OT but don't know where to ask...criminal records check?

Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Slightly OT but don't know where to ask...criminal records check?

My friend lived France for a year when she was at University. She now wants to adopt a child and the council want the French equivalent of a Criminal Records Check to prove that she hasn't got a record.

I figured since it's similar for what is needed for emigration, I would be able to ask here?

Should she approach the police where she lived? Or is there a central place to apply?

Can anyone help?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:35 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slightly OT but don't know where to ask...criminal records check?

Originally Posted by G586
My friend lived France for a year when she was at University. She now wants to adopt a child and the council want the French equivalent of a Criminal Records Check to prove that she hasn't got a record.

I figured since it's similar for what is needed for emigration, I would be able to ask here?

Should she approach the police where she lived? Or is there a central place to apply?

Can anyone help?
You obtain your "Casier Judiciaire" from a central office: Casier Judiciaire National, 107 rue du Landreau, 44317 Nantes Cédex 3. You can download the request form on http://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/b3/eje20 and there are FAQs and other info on the same page. Note that a third party can't ask for someone else's Casier Judiciaire.
I have never had to request one, but got this info by googling "Casier Judiciaire". Hope I've helped!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slightly OT but don't know where to ask...criminal records check?

Thanks, a great help!

She'll be able to take it from here as she is French-speaking but she didn't know where to start and the Council here is being really particular about things.