Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Scottish Surprise!

Scottish Surprise!

Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scottish Surprise!

The thing is, if you watch her a second time, she's not that good at all. Just average to be honest. She sounded good because we expected her to be awful. Once you are past the shock value she is nothing special. I have heard better at amateur musical productions and certainly heard that song done better by a young un in Stage One Youth Theatre Group in Pompey.
The hype is going to sell her records though.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
The thing is, if you watch her a second time, she's not that good at all. Just average to be honest. She sounded good because we expected her to be awful. Once you are past the shock value she is nothing special. I have heard better at amateur musical productions and certainly heard that song done better by a young un in Stage One Youth Theatre Group in Pompey.
The hype is going to sell her records though.
Have to agree, on a second listen I wouldn't say she was extremely talented. I think the Brits like their non-conformist quirky heros, propelled along by the media circus. Probably one reason why I'm glad I don't have a TV anymore.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:14 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

yes, that's a lovey effect isn't it? that when you hear it the second time it just doesn't have the magic at all?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:46 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treskillard
yes, that's a lovey effect isn't it? that when you hear it the second time it just doesn't have the magic at all?
I'm just pissed off I didn't spell altar right
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:50 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
but you at least get better each time
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard
but you at least get better each time
...shhhhhhhhh!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:51 pm
down under where

...shhhhhhhhh!!
[it's her skill, oral you understand, words, just words and more frigging words, she just can't keep them, you see she's misunderstood, yes I know she speaks portugeezy but the shrink is from thailand
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you know how to spell Walter...

Apparently the youtube of Susan's rendering has had more then one hundred million hits worldwide - so to what does one ascribe that??
Old Apr 21st 2009, 5:22 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I ascribe it to all the people who don't want to pay a TV license having a computer instead!!!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 5:43 pm
down under where

She makes people think of the sister of the mother that might have been if it had been thus and it could have been in the past making it even more popular as it jumps the ages.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Roger O
As long as you know how to spell Walter...

Apparently the youtube of Susan's rendering has had more then one hundred million hits worldwide - so to what does one ascribe that??
I dunno,even on this Forum (all sections I mean) everyone is talking about it,so the worldwide interest must be huge,people just being nosey I guess,to see what all the fuss is about.
I find this 'reality tv' shite quite nauseating,and personally couldn't care less about her or her voice,I've heard better,I have also heard worse.Uk seems obsessed with making 'celebrities' out of nobodies these days.I don't understand it at all

Ps ..Walter weight,a boxing term innit?

Last edited by Cleri; Apr 21st 2009 at 8:13 pm. Reason: Smelling pisstake
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Ps ..Walter weight,a boxing term innit?
Haven't you ever heard of "Walter, Walter lead me to the altar"?

Yeah, well, bit before your time from your avatar - an old Gracie fields "tube"!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Roger O
Haven't you ever heard of "Walter, Walter lead me to the altar"?

Yeah, well, bit before your time from your avatar - an old Gracie fields "tube"!!!
I think Betty,as a child of the 30's, remembers it well
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:38 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Betty,as a child of the 30's, remembers it well
Lawks lovie, you don't look a day over 25 ..........
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Apparently Celine Dion gets a lot of exposure on Canadian radio because they insist that a certain percentage of what's played is Canadian - rather narrows the competition - but actually I like her stuff, slushy, over the top, romantic.... Guess if I wasn't a dreamer I'd never have made it to France.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.