Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Scottish Surprise!

Scottish Surprise!

Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scottish Surprise!

... and when I say surprise I mean huge
Forget your rainy day and just "drink this in"!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
If you haven't seen/heard this already - it's a must!!
My question is - why did it take so long to happen??

(I know this thread is not in the right place - but I couldn't resist!)
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:01 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottish Surprise!

Originally Posted by Roger O

Scary Bird. But Le Rendezvous the right place for it

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Apr 12th 2009 at 6:04 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Gulp!! well and truly!! wee jimmie krankied ,Simon "weasel "cowel
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:36 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone PLEASE tell me what happens and what it's about, as my speakers are packed away in a cardboard box!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:20 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Someone PLEASE tell me what happens and what it's about, as my speakers are packed away in a cardboard box!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a bird on that telly show,and by the look of her,everyone thought she was gonna be a big joke and utterly crap.
She has the voice of an angel and everyone was stunned...
Cleri slinks off very ashamed that she knows all this,but it was big news in the lounge,so it's not my fault.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I never watch this sort of stuff but it was on in the background cause I was too lazy to pick up the turnyover thingy (sorry been down the bar lol) and when I heard she was going to sing I dream a Dream I got interested, Les Miserables being my favorite musical.
Wow she was great considering what was expected. I suspect if she was blonde, twenty odd and gorgeous we wouldn't have been so impressed, but under the circumstances it just goes to prove the old addage of not judging a book by it's cover.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:27 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good, I love things like that, where people's assumptions based on looks are blown out of the water. A metaphorical "bird" to that stuffed up git Simon Cowell too - and don't forget guys, Celine Dion looked like the Back End of Brittany Ferries before she had about 8 million dollars worth of new teeth and a chin lift ........
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:34 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh good, I love things like that, where people's assumptions based on looks are blown out of the water. A metaphorical "bird" to that stuffed up git Simon Cowell too - and don't forget guys, Celine Dion looked like the Back End of Brittany Ferries before she had about 8 million dollars worth of new teeth and a chin lift ........
Yeah!,can't help thinking it was staged tho',but that's just me...cynical in my old age
Old Apr 13th 2009, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

And she still looked like the back end of a London bus that had been in an accident. She didn't sound much better either!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to your own broadcasts soon CB so we can hear your own golden voice, yeah!!

Last edited by Roger O; Apr 13th 2009 at 1:07 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha ha at least I won't be singing

After yesterday's practice run, a lot more practice is needed lol. It's been a long time (DON'T Andrea!!!!! I know where your mind lives when it's not dreaming of JD! )
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:05 pm
Grey Bombshell

Blimey, CB, most men don't even understand what comes out of my mouth let alone what's going on in my head! You must be a closet genius ......

This reminds me a bit of Michelle someone-or-other - a large lady with a good voice - and also the Chinese girl who sang on the intro to the games thingy - she was not good looking enough so they dubbed her voice onto a "little angel" with plaits.

Sadly, even more evidence that looks are all. What a world!!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roger O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Andrea,
I’m afraid I don’t usually like your posts, as often as not they’re about Jack Daniels or related stories about getting Brahms & Litzt.
But then you surprise me with a clip with a touch of culture that I thought was great.
Many thanks!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

A million dollar face-lift notwithstanding, Celine Dion makes me want to throw up every time she appears due to dreadful body language act, not to mention her French/Canadian abuse of the language.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I found out Celion Dion has a 47 million euro apartment around the corner from me which I pass on my way to the postoffice. It's a set of private streets behind security camera controlled gates (easy to walk in out of though - haven't tried it for fear of security running after me) but if I ever bump into her I'll be sure to pass on the message by hurling over her shoes. I think she's treated as one big joke in France, I'm surprised she has a home here too. Mind you she's probably treated as a joke everywhere except by fans of Titanic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.