Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Scottish Surprise!

Scottish Surprise!

Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:23 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Surprise!

Hate to disappoint you Tweedy, but that clever clip was Roger, not me. Looks like I'm stuck with that legless uncultured pleb image you have of me!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Hate to disappoint you Tweedy, but that clever clip was Roger, not me. Looks like I'm stuck with that legless uncultured pleb image you have of me!
Whoops!
Sorry Andrea, I'll retract that one. I owe you a drink........
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:40 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's a St Clements.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:07 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Brought a tear to my eye-thoughts that did and then as a treat Tweedpipe practically makes a proposal of marriage to our Andy. In our village choir in the Aude we all learned a Celine Dion song. Weeks of cringing followed but I got over it when the crowd went wild.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:10 pm
Grey Bombshell

Lawks Tres, if a girl considered every drink a marriage proposal, there'd be a lot more rich priests, wedding organisers and, sadly, lawyers raking it in when it all goes tits up.

I am turning over a new leaf, and attempting to become more "culturally aware" and in an effort to become so, watched Arthur the other night. No, not that Dudley Moor thing, the king thing, about the knights and all that stuff.

Quite good, very atmospheric, good filming, even asked my other half (who is historically inclined) to explain the plot, I didn't even glaze over after 3 minutes like I usually do, but have to admit in all honesty it was made rather more watchable by the Kick-Ass fighting, dishy blokes and nice scenery. Hm, it's gonna be harder than I thought, this cultural advancement thingy ......
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Brought a tear to my eye-thoughts that did and then as a treat Tweedpipe practically makes a proposal of marriage to our Andy........
Tweedpipe (down on one knee, swooning to his new bride): "Darling, now that we are married, do you think you will be able to live on my small income?"

Andrea: "Of course, dearest, no trouble, but what will you live on......."
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:21 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Tweedpipe (down on one knee, swooning to his new bride): "Darling, now that we are married, do you think you will be able to live on my small income?"

Andrea: "Of course, dearest, no trouble, but what will you live on......."
She's on the straight and narrow now you're on the scene. For clothes one black sheet is all that is required. Then there's the divorce lawyers. Very costly.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:10 pm
Grey Bombshell

Oi, hang on a minute, like all toxic wives-in-waiting, what about my steel toe-capped boots allowance?

And can he afford the bills for chainsaw maintenance?

And I'd have to be culturally advanced all the time - the strain would be too much!

And Tweedy, have you got a lumberjack's checked shirt? If not, you're off the hook m8!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:18 pm
Grey Bombshell

And now to revert this thread to it's original purpose, in (yet another) attempt at becoming more culturally savvy, I have downloaded that song she was singing by Panini and listened to it. It aint half bad, but quite a lot of catawauling in the background - is it meant to sound like that, or have I downloaded two at once and got some kind of mad mixture or something?

More like a Klingon Opera really ...........
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:38 pm
down under where

Trouble with Tweedy is he likes a pipe. Not sure that's to your taste Andy?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:47 pm
Grey Bombshell

Well, I gave up pipe smoking a while ago - don't mind the odd cigar .....
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:28 pm
down under where

Hard to satisfy I see.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:02 am
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by treskillard
Hard to satisfy I see.
You better believe it sport!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:07 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrea50
You better believe it sport!!!!!!!!
Don't you dare change your posting style :curse:
Never did like tweed,smacks of old women
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:50 am
Grey Bombshell

You do cheer me up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.