Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Returned from France

Returned from France

Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

fripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nice
Default Returned from France

Just got back from France two days ago so I thought I'd just let everyone know how it went seen as everyone on here was so helpful before I left

I'll just post some pics..

..Was near Blois, Amboise etc..

..I arrived and was told that I'd have no day off for 7 weeks and at the end I was only paid half of what was agreed, but I'm still glad I went because it was a great experience I met some really nice people (French, Swedes, Germans..) and improved my French enourmously.
Attached Thumbnails Returned from France-cimg9331.jpg   Returned from France-cimg9332.jpg   Returned from France-cimg9499.jpg  
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returned from France

Originally Posted by fripouille
Just got back from France two days ago so I thought I'd just let everyone know how it went seen as everyone on here was so helpful before I left

I'll just post some pics..

..Was near Blois, Amboise etc..

..I arrived and was told that I'd have no day off for 7 weeks and at the end I was only paid half of what was agreed, but I'm still glad I went because it was a great experience I met some really nice people (French, Swedes, Germans..) and improved my French enourmously.
great to hear from you, sorry about the pay though, that must have hurt
photo's are lovely, hope you get time to share more of your experiences with us old timers, so we can relive our lost spent youth
did you get your exam results as well? hope all went well there too
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

Lovely pics, please send more! We live close to Amboise, about 15 minutes away, near Montrichard, so the architecture looks familiar!
Glad you had a great summer.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you got a rough deal - were you given any sort of signed contract? You definitely have to come to France to improve your language skills, so I can imagine that was a huge benefit. I'm sure when you're a little older and have a bit more cash you can come and enjoy France without the labour.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

fripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nicefripouille is just really nice

Originally Posted by val50
great to hear from you, sorry about the pay though, that must have hurt
photo's are lovely, hope you get time to share more of your experiences with us old timers, so we can relive our lost spent youth
did you get your exam results as well? hope all went well there too
Hi Val, how's everything going?

The exam results went okay, not fantastic but I passed. I'm off to Canterbury in 3 weeks to study French at the University of Kent. I'm quite late with everything so it's just a mad rush at the moment, hadn't really had time to relax since I got back.

How are things going in Normandie? I passed through Granville on the way back, but unfortunately the sun was nowhere to be seen still better than Walsall though. Just rain everyday.

Hope everythings okay,
Alex
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by L'Acajou
Hi there

Lovely pics, please send more! We live close to Amboise, about 15 minutes away, near Montrichard, so the architecture looks familiar!
Glad you had a great summer.
Hi L'acajou,

Amboise was such a lovely little place I've got plenty of pics so I'll try and post some more of the area for you.

p.s - There's a cocktail bar; not sure about the name; bbut it's on the island, directly over the river from the castle. On a nice night, you can sit outside with your drink and the bridge and castle is all lit up. Very nice. Reccomend it.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a look on the internet and it's called Le Shaker
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Sorry to hear you got a rough deal - were you given any sort of signed contract? You definitely have to come to France to improve your language skills, so I can imagine that was a huge benefit. I'm sure when you're a little older and have a bit more cash you can come and enjoy France without the labour.

Hi GJB,

I didn't get a signed contract, just paid in cash at the end. It's my own fault reallybut you learn..

I'm still glad I went though, because it was a good experience.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fripouille
Just had a look on the internet and it's called Le Shaker
Hi

I know Le Shaker, hubby has been, I don't get out much at night, hope to when the children are a bit older I was in Amboise today, really like the place, there is a fantastic Sunday morning market, just means getting up and out of the house early, not always easy, especially with children.

Sue
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Nice photo's, pleased you had a good time (except for the money bit:curse

Good luck at Uni, have a good time and enjoy it.