Reload this Page >

Restaurant search, Porte de Clichy, Paris

Restaurant search, Porte de Clichy, Paris

Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:00 am
Just Joined

GeoffmJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Restaurant search, Porte de Clichy, Paris

After such success here yesterday, I thought I should set another challenge
You know, I don`t think it`s as easy to find fantastic food in Paris as it was 15 - 20 years ago. I don`t know if it`s because the rest of Europe has 'upped its game' or because I`ve just become harder to impress with age, but my parents are coming over next Tuesday (going home after a round trip to pick up their latest wine purchase, this time from the Hospices de Beaune!) & I`d love to take them somewhere with a bit of charm and some great traditional food.

If anyone knows this area well enough to make a serious suggestion, I would be most grateful.....but be forewarned, I have great expectations!

Thanks for any help
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:38 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurant search, Porte de Clichy, Paris

Originally Posted by GeoffmJones
If anyone knows this area well enough to make a serious suggestion, I would be most grateful.....but be forewarned, I have great expectations!

Thanks for any help
Hi, I used to work near the Place Clichy in another life. If your parents like sea-food, then Charlot is for them, or if they prefer more choice, then the Brasserie Wepler. Both on the Place. I haven't been to either since the 80s, but the quality can't have changed over the years....
There used to be "L'Auberge du XVIIIème", at the angle bd de Clichy/Caulaincourt, but it may have changed its name, as a Google and Pages Jaunes search doesn't come up with it.
If they like couscous, then Chez Bébert is excellent.
Hope this gives you food for thought!

P.S. Have just re-read the title. I don't know any chic restaurants at the Porte de Clichy!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

GeoffmJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restaurant search, Porte de Clichy, Paris

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, I used to work near the Place Clichy in another life. If your parents like sea-food, then Charlot is for them, or if they prefer more choice, then the Brasserie Wepler. Both on the Place. I haven't been to either since the 80s, but the quality can't have changed over the years....
There used to be "L'Auberge du XVIIIème", at the angle bd de Clichy/Caulaincourt, but it may have changed its name, as a Google and Pages Jaunes search doesn't come up with it.
If they like couscous, then Chez Bébert is excellent.
Hope this gives you food for thought!

P.S. Have just re-read the title. I don't know any chic restaurants at the Porte de Clichy!
Hi DMU,
two classics, I`ll definitely be giving them a try!
Many thanks
Geoff