Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Recently moved to France - have I forgotten anything?

Recently moved to France - have I forgotten anything?

Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recently moved to France - have I forgotten anything?

Howdy. I've just moved to Paris as of Tuesday, and haven't all that many details about the procedures for moving within Europe, so wanted to check I may not have missed something.
I've informed HMRC, filled in a P85, ceased trading in the UK (I am self-employed), and got myself an expert comptable in Paris to create the business for me in France with the Chambre de Commerce. I have a business and personal French bank account too. I haven't sorted out health insurance yet, and will need to look into that. Is there anything else I need to do, or any forms I need to fill in to let the French authorities know they have a new resident? I should be sorting out the domiciliation with my girlfriend (who is French and already resides here), and we'll probably sort out a PACS for income tax purposes. Might there be anything else I should do?

I did forget my expensive electric guitar in the move, which I'm a little peeved at, but nevermind - I've already taken up half my girlfriend's apartment with my sprawl, and it may take several months before I'm forgiven!! At least her cat likes running up and down all over my boxes and mess.