Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Receiving Sky in France

Receiving Sky in France

Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

jenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nice
Default Re: Receiving Sky in France

Have you tried turning the LNB clockwise or anti-clockwise, my husband was having trouble getting a good signal quality and then he turned the end of the LNB and voila !
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to say that Stephen (a young Yorkshireman) of Digi TV Solutions www.digitvsolutions.com came this morning - and in two hours had completely changed our aerial, coax and run an additional branch TV connection into my daughter's room. We now have TNT digital full HD on all channels and we are totally satisfied with Stephen's punctuality, manner and above all high quality of service and components - and all that for a price about 200 euros cheaper than the local installer!

Heartily recommended without reservation anywhere in the Languedoc-Roussillon!!!

Additional tip re Sky : If you have a broadband ADSL connection in France but no satellite or other means of watching it, you can at least watch Sky News live on your PC via http://www.tv-direct.fr/royaume_uni.php
Just click on Sky News! You may or may not be able to receive some of the other listed channels.. depending on technical details of which I have no knowledge (!)
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:14 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roger O
Happy to say that Stephen (a young Yorkshireman) of Digi TV Solutions www.digitvsolutions.com came this morning - and in two hours had completely changed our aerial, coax and run an additional branch TV connection into my daughter's room. We now have TNT digital full HD on all channels and we are totally satisfied with Stephen's punctuality, manner and above all high quality of service and components - and all that for a price about 200 euros cheaper than the local installer!

Heartily recommended without reservation anywhere in the Languedoc-Roussillon!!!

Additional tip re Sky : If you have a broadband ADSL connection in France but no satellite or other means of watching it, you can at least watch Sky News live on your PC via http://www.tv-direct.fr/royaume_uni.php
Just click on Sky News! You may or may not be able to receive some of the other listed channels.. depending on technical details of which I have no knowledge (!)
TNT (Terrestrial Numerical Television) does not get you English Sky TV or anything off Freeview (Nothing on Astra) as it`s the French Terrestrial Network With occasional Version original Showings . So if some one is after English TV, Satellite is the Only option other than Poor Downloaded content.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 11th 2009 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

What I meant with the above addition is if your TV or Sat is "en panne" you can still get Sky news live using this link
http://www.tv-direct.fr/live_skynews.php