Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Prepaid mobile sim-card query

Prepaid mobile sim-card query

Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:31 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prepaid mobile sim-card query

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Oh, I didn't know he already had a Livebox. But how extra much is the mobile plan and what's the minimum period you have to sign up for?
He mentioned it way back in 2009, if only I could remember where I put my keys that year as well.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, our current deal with Orange for LiveBox, fixed-line phone, ex-directory, internet etc, is approx 40€/month, and OH's (no tongue-wagging limit) mobile deal is 14€.
Went to see the people at Orange, and told them exactly what my needs were (max 2hrs/months, or 1hr or less if possible, with no other frills). He did an amount of scribbling, and given that we already had a contract with them, came out with a proposal of 9,99€/month. I said he'd have to do better than that for me to prise open my piggy-bank, with the reply that's the best they offer and nowhere would I find a better, cheaper deal - which we know is absolute caca.
There was no charge for getting an unblock code from Orange for the hand-me-down Samsung phone I intend to use. The code was sent to me from Orange by email and took less than 2mins to perform the désimlockage.
Now then CS, where did I put my keys.....
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:42 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Yes, our current deal with Orange for LiveBox, fixed-line phone, ex-directory, internet etc, is approx 40€/month, and OH's (no tongue-wagging limit) mobile deal is 14€.
Went to see the people at Orange, and told them exactly what my needs were (max 2hrs/months, or 1hr or less if possible, with no other frills). He did an amount of scribbling, and given that we already had a contract with them, came out with a proposal of 9,99€/month. I said he'd have to do better than that for me to prise open my piggy-bank, with the reply that's the best they offer and nowhere would I find a better, cheaper deal - which we know is absolute caca.
There was no charge for getting an unblock code from Orange for the hand-me-down Samsung phone I intend to use. The code was sent to me from Orange by email and took less than 2mins to perform the désimlockage.
Now then CS, where did I put my keys.....
Im not convinced you will beat the 9.99 mark because most operators time limit the credit you put on the phone and if you don't top the credit up they cease the sim card. So the less you spend on credit lasts ridiculously short times.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jan 13th 2015 at 6:42 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:14 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Im not convinced you will beat the 9.99 mark because most operators time limit the credit you put on the phone and if you don't top the credit up they cease the sim card. So the less you spend on credit lasts ridiculously short times.
As I mentioned in my previous post, Free have a €2 per month forfait which includes 2 hours of calls (including some international destinations), unlimited SMS and 50MB of data. There is no minimum period so you can cancel it whenever you like.

What I like about it is that you can elect to receive emails with your voice messages attached or consult them over the internet - handy if you leave the phone in the car. Roaming is not enabled unless you pay extra so no worries there.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:37 am
Quien no sabe

As I mentioned in my previous post, Free have a €2 per month forfait which includes 2 hours of calls (including some international destinations), unlimited SMS and 50MB of data. There is no minimum period so you can cancel it whenever you like.

What I like about it is that you can elect to receive emails with your voice messages attached or consult them over the internet - handy if you leave the phone in the car. Roaming is not enabled unless you pay extra so no worries there.
Hadn't read all the waffle in the middle .....
Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

1,50€ with Leclerc also seems to beat 9,99, unless I'm missing something...
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:00 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry - CS doesn't read the waffle (ie other people's posts )
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:57 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
1,50€ with Leclerc also seems to beat 9,99, unless I'm missing something...
Dont shop there our local one smells bad, a rat or three must of died in the ventilation system.

Not to mention the last time I had a PAYG phone was 2006, I like having the data on no worries about usage and not having to top it up.

Don't worry - CS doesn't read the waffle (ie other people's posts )
Tp knows that already he has put up with me here for years..
Old Jan 14th 2015, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Dont shop there our local one smells bad, a rat or three must of died in the ventilation system.
People still call it leclerc cos it used to be when it first started, it's actually called Réglo Mobile now and you can get the sims, top them up etc online.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

petitpoussin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

you could consider lefrenchmobile it offers a euro sim that is directed towards people who may not be in france all the time. The attractive and rare quality is that the money you put on the card doesn't expire like all the other payg providers in france. I always thought it was a bit of a swizz to lose your money if you didn't use your credit within a limited time.

hope you find a good solution
all the best
little chick
Old Jan 25th 2015, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petitpoussin
Hi there,

you could consider lefrenchmobile it offers a euro sim that is directed towards people who may not be in france all the time. The attractive and rare quality is that the money you put on the card doesn't expire like all the other payg providers in france. I always thought it was a bit of a swizz to lose your money if you didn't use your credit within a limited time.

hope you find a good solution
all the best
little chick
1.Unlimited credit validity subject to a monthly fee of €1.40 if less than €10 credit is consumed during that month, in order to keep the line active.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 8:41 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Yes, this is in the (very) small print
Old Jan 26th 2015, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Had to put on my x2.5 glasses to see it
Old Jan 26th 2015, 1:02 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Had to put on my x2.5 glasses to see it
Yes I can see that from your avatar - very stylish frames too
Old Jan 29th 2015, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Simyo do this expat card which keeps your number for a year@10 euros Comes with 20 minutes of calls but doesn't make it clear when they might lapse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.