Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

pointless comments

Wikiposts

pointless comments

Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of
Default Re: pointless comments

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Hey PJ, that tickled me, boring in Barbados! Oh I believe you, all that day-long good weather, baking on the beach, all-nighter parties, not for me thanks! And Ibiza is nearer and cheaper.

Joking apart, I don't really care what the weather is doing in France, I just wanna be there. I know things have changed and I still don't care, as I really do feel this country has little to offer for people like me who have "fallen off" the bottom of the property ladder and who's long-term career is gone forever.

My partner and I both feel that we are "judged" here and come up wanting, me on my benefit (which, although it is long-term Incapacity Benefit, I worked continuously from age 18 to 49, so don't feel guilty, more like getting a bit back of what I put in) and he as a 50-something man whose career disappeared when technology took over his skills.

We won't ever be rich or even reasonably well-off in France and don't expect to be - but we will be accepted (we hope) and will definitely be better there than here, so are both looking forward to it. Frugality is no stranger to either of us, and we know how to prioritise what we do have and not long for things we can't have.

Cheers and a good day to all, whever you may be!!
Andy

PS, Oops, sorry, forgot the thread for a minute so here's my "pointless comment" for the day:

"It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive" IMHO, more "merde", I can't wait to get there .........................
I know what you mean about France - after travelling all over the world the only place ive ever felt that sigh of relief on arriving at a 'home' airport is when I land in Paris - we both feel like we are at home - it's not easy - and made harder by the fact im just not coming on with my french as much as i'd hoped and im noticing that so much at the moment with trying to arrange the wedding - im now stuck at the point of having my dress altered -

most meaningful comment for me - home is where the heart is.. my heart belongs to France

pointless comment :
Cheer up it might never happen -

PJ
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:16 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

We saw Le Tour in Maine et Loire and it was bloody baking!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Le Chant
We saw Le Tour in Maine et Loire and it was bloody baking!

please dont my head hurts now

another pointless comment....
Telling a child not to do something
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:18 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Heard another beaut on To The Manor Born with Penelope Keith talking to the Rector:

"Pray to God but row away from the rocks"

What's that about for heaven's sake?

I take that to mean "Oh Ye of blind and useless faith, try praying but it won't work so don't take any risks and sort it yerself"

Her reply was classic too:

"You pray, I'll row".

A woman after me own heart ..................
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 5:54 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going out now for dinner and to hear a band should be back in time
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:13 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not back.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
I'm still not back.

you back yet
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:18 pm
down under where

Burning the candle at both ends?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:19 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

That's another great one Tres - burning candle at both ends. Dead dangerous and how do you stand it up? And if holding it in the middle, what does one do when the two ends meet? get burnt or get carpet burnt dropping it I suppose.

My pointless comment for today is:

"God helps those who help themselves".

The mantra of the shoplifter presumably ........................
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Burning the candle at both ends?
Back in the land that time forgot
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:43 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val50
Back in the land that time forgot

Thank goodness.

We call it rural France.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stanage2
Thank goodness.

We call it rural France.
I call it Nova Scotia
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:01 am
down under where

It never rains but it pours.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

It never rains but it pours.
every cloud has a silver lining
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:39 am
Grey Bombshell

Well it's only rained twice this week, once for three days and the second time for four days .............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.