Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Paying french parking fine in UK

Paying french parking fine in UK

Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying french parking fine in UK

Yeah that one never really took off. Could you imagine if the safety mechanism failed - you're doing 130km/h on the autorue, turn the wheel to find they've gone sideways on!

Mind you I don't really remember anything from that show that did become reality. At junior school Tomorrow's World talked about chocolate flavoured coca cola and I was waiting anxiously for years, but it never came (sounds disgusting now). Then there was a cube that was going to replace tapes and records as a media and music storage device.

Can't believe you also remember that episode! It strains my brain to think back that far.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Yeah that one never really took off. Could you imagine if the safety mechanism failed - you're doing 130km/h on the autorue, turn the wheel to find they've gone sideways on!

Mind you I don't really remember anything from that show that did become reality. At junior school Tomorrow's World talked about chocolate flavoured coca cola and I was waiting anxiously for years, but it never came (sounds disgusting now). Then there was a cube that was going to replace tapes and records as a media and music storage device.

Can't believe you also remember that episode! It strains my brain to think back that far.

I have to admit that I can't recall a lot of the Tomorrows World episode but there are a few that I remember quite well. Its probably the daftest ideas they had I can rememeber, but I have to say that I don't remember the chocolate coke lol, that was probably the worst idea they could have had!!

But things like that BMW with the gadget wheels have stayed with me. I remember also a car which could drive on ice without skidding - the car had four sprays that would spray on to each tyre some kind of alcohol (was it meths?? I can't remember). They drove around on an ice rink and true enough it didn't skid once, but I remember thinking, "but how much alcohol would you need if you were doing a long journey, and where are they going to put it??!!" - anyway I think that was another idea that was rapidly binned!!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:03 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B

Gav, I will share a secret with you. You can make THE most awesome chocolate flavoured coke by mixing it with Kahlua - a chocolate liqueur. Or use Tia Maria, that's just as good. Awesome, m8, totally awesome.