Reload this Page >

Paying bills in france

Paying bills in france

Old Oct 1st 2015, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Annie16108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paying bills in france

Originally Posted by Touraine
But this is the problem. Following your google street link for 'Ansac Sur Vienne' given earlier in the thread I had a look around the village. It is dead. There is nothing there. You move and then you die of boredom. No point point living there and this where expats go so horribly wrong in France. They see a cheap property in France but don't realise what they are letting themselves in for....hence why most property in such areas for sale is expat property at knock down prices.

I would rather have a small studio in Montpellier than a house in Charante.
Yes, it is true but I heard that there is a cafe and shop there and there is planning for a supermarket. I need some outside space. I live all year in one room in india!
Old Oct 1st 2015, 10:43 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Also have a look at the Cadastre plans for it on Geoportail the foot path that provides access to the house also provides access for all the gardens beyond in that group of houses now I count 13 plots and potentially 2 extra little houses that could be a lot of foot traffic past your secluded little house
There was a thread not long ago about neighbours from hell driving quads up and down someone's access lane, so it might not necessarily be simply foot traffic here. And even foot traffic can have loud voices to disturb the peace...
@annie - have you lived in France before? Do you speak French? What are your friends advising? Find out, or ask yourself, why houses are for sale (and how long they've been on the market).
Please take on board what we're saying here. No one wants you to venture into something that you might regret later...
Old Oct 1st 2015, 10:48 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annie16108
Yes, it is true but I heard that there is a cafe and shop there and there is planning for a supermarket. I need some outside space. I live all year in one room in india!
You have "heard" that, so it's not sure. Our village had a café and baker's shop, but both closed down. Planning for a supermarket doesn't mean that it will materialise.
I understand that you need space, but that space must be looked after in your absence! A neglected garden attracts squatters or burglars....
Old Oct 1st 2015, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

Annie.....do you prefer the sea or the mountains ? Is this for six months of the year. Winter or Summer ?
Old Oct 1st 2015, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Summer. I love both sea and mountains but I prefer to be near a town I can walk around n have a coffee etc.
Old Oct 1st 2015, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Annie.....do you prefer the sea or the mountains ? Is this for six months of the year. Winter or Summer ?
If I had to choose, I would probably choose the sea. Eventually I hope to live there all year round and that might be difficult in mountains
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Studio refait � neuf proche de la plage Ventes immobili�res Aude - leboncoin.fr

It looks quite nice but I am not sure where this is located...
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

T4 traversant de 100m� avec 2 balcons Ventes immobili�res Pyr�n�es-Orientales - leboncoin.fr

this also and the one in Montpelier you sent...
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmu
You have "heard" that, so it's not sure. Our village had a café and baker's shop, but both closed down. Planning for a supermarket doesn't mean that it will materialise.
I understand that you need space, but that space must be looked after in your absence! A neglected garden attracts squatters or burglars....
The owner told me 'Concerning the shops in the village, 200 m from the house there is a butcher, a bakkery, a "tabac", a pharmacy, kiné, school, wine cellar, take away pizza, a café.'

Yes, I would need to find someone to take care of the garden etc. when I was not there...
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 6:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Studio refait � neuf proche de la plage Ventes immobili�res Aude - leboncoin.fr

It looks quite nice but I am not sure where this is located...
Narbonne isn't exactly near the beach, you'd need transport to get there, but it's a pleasant town.
If you need space, this "studio" may be rather cramped for you. The kitchen is in the one bedsit room and the bathroom also looks a bit cramped.
Re the other house, you've actually contacted the present owner? Did they say why they are selling?
The Perpignan appartment is cheap, but at the bottom of the description, there's a list of all the works to be done (which could easily come to approx. the price paid for the appart.)

Last edited by dmu; Oct 2nd 2015 at 6:53 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

They are selling as their daughter is getting married and wants to buy a house in Brussels...
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Plus they have bought a camper van and just travel all the time. How nice...
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 7:33 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

They are selling as their daughter is getting married and wants to buy a house in Brussels...
Plus they have bought a camper van and just travel all the time. How nice...
Have you ever watched the Money pit with Tom Hanks?

Everyone has a valid story why they are selling it's all part of the spiel, exit strategies here tend to be harder to pull off than withdrawing from a war zone because of the longer time it takes to sell a property here new dreams are kept on hold until the ball and chain "cough" I mean old dream is sold.

Your budget put's you in a limited section of the market in that area of France you would really be better off shopping around a bit.

Here

On a golf corse

6 Bedrooms

Sea views but it's a Viager......

Just a selection of things further afield....

Last edited by Chatter Static; Oct 2nd 2015 at 7:46 am. Reason: learn to read *doh*
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to choose, I would probably choose the sea. Eventually I hope to live there all year round and that might be difficult in mountains
Personally I think your budget is way too small for a house so I think a studio or a T1 is the best you can get. I would not buy a nonsense in Charante, Cruse or any other isolated area of France. There is no point.

You can buy small studios in resorts like La Grande Motte near Montpellier which is right near the sea. La Grande Motte is a popular French town/resort and it is thriving in the summer.

Another idea is to go for a small studio in a ski resort like Alpe d'huez or a town at the base of a ski resort for example like Bourg d Oisans. Summer in the mountains is fantastic if you are an outdoor type. There is someone on this forum I believe who lives in Bourg D Oisans who teaches English. They may give you some good advice.

The thing is that if you only living in it during the summer you can rent it out on a short term let over the winter to a ski instructor or whoever. Or rent it out weekly. That will give you an income that will pay for all the charges and taxes ect so you can live in it for free in the summer.

You need however to be careful on charges. That is a killer when buying studios/flats.

If you are looking for a long term home well that is something different.
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. When you say charges, you mean management fees?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.