Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Parking problems

Parking problems

Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

kazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nice
Default Parking problems

Does anyone else get annoyed when waiting in a car park for a space only to find that as one becomes free some person runs into it to reserve it for their OH who may be 3 or 4 back in the queue. Or even as happened today, not even in the car park yet. Today we stuck it out and waited for her to move. We were the told by another French person that was the way it worked in France!!
What have others found?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:28 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parking problems

Originally Posted by kazzo
Does anyone else get annoyed when waiting in a car park for a space only to find that as one becomes free some person runs into it to reserve it for their OH who may be 3 or 4 back in the queue. Or even as happened today, not even in the car park yet. Today we stuck it out and waited for her to move. We were the told by another French person that was the way it worked in France!!
What have others found?
First car in gets the space here although you may come out to some artwork on the car after.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

kazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nicekazzo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
First car in gets the space here although you may come out to some artwork on the car after.
We took photos of the individual's in case this happened. He then got very aggressive and said you were not permitted to take photos of people in france. Since found this is not the case, publishing images to the detriment of the person photoed is the only crime as far as I can see!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

We just had a similar problem in the flipping supermarket. Joined a queue just about to unload our trolley when a woman pulls up behind us and says she is with the people in front of us. I let her through and then realised that people in front had no shopping but were just saving a place in the queue until the woman with the trolley arrived!! My husband went mad!!! I joined the next queue and was rewarded with Devine intervention when the former queue had a problem and we got out first.
We are certain that these are Parisians on holiday.... Any views?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:26 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazzo
We just had a similar problem in the flipping supermarket. Joined a queue just about to unload our trolley when a woman pulls up behind us and says she is with the people in front of us. I let her through and then realised that people in front had no shopping but were just saving a place in the queue until the woman with the trolley arrived!! My husband went mad!!! I joined the next queue and was rewarded with Devine intervention when the former queue had a problem and we got out first.
We are certain that these are Parisians on holiday.... Any views?
Get a Carte Priorite Although it's not fail safe I got grief off some tourists the other day for bringing more than 10 items to the priority lane, The cheeky sods even asked what my disability was. We get folk that will get a hand basket when entering super market then put it down in one of the checkout q's then flit backwards and forwards trying to guard their place whilst shopping.