Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Does CAF allow retroactive claims? or should I just give up?

Does CAF allow retroactive claims? or should I just give up?

Old Aug 15th 2012, 7:38 am
Just Joined

dsds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does CAF allow retroactive claims? or should I just give up?

Hi! I tried to apply for CAF back in 2009/2010 and after a few visits to the local office and getting all required documents in, there was no reply from the office regarding my status of application (not even a reply to say if it was rejected).

I later had to leave France in late 2010 and did not continue to follow up on the matter as I wasn't sure how to.

I am just wondering if anyone has tried to request backdated support for applications which were submitted or know if the French system allows retroactive claims? Or I can just finally give up on the whole matter?

Thank you!
Old Aug 15th 2012, 8:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does CAF allow retroactive claims? or should I just give up?

Originally Posted by dsds
Hi! I tried to apply for CAF back in 2009/2010 and after a few visits to the local office and getting all required documents in, there was no reply from the office regarding my status of application (not even a reply to say if it was rejected).

I later had to leave France in late 2010 and did not continue to follow up on the matter as I wasn't sure how to.

I am just wondering if anyone has tried to request backdated support for applications which were submitted or know if the French system allows retroactive claims? Or I can just finally give up on the whole matter?

Thank you!
Give up! If there was no communication from the CAF at the time, then you weren't eligible.
Re-apply if you and your children come back to live in France, with all up-to-date documents justifying marital status, income, number of children, ....