PACS in France

Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Eddiebabie is on a distinguished road
Default PACS in France

Hi, I'm investigating how to do a civil partnership with my french girlfriend. I'm a UK national living and working here in France. The civil partnership or PACS as it is called here requires a lot of documents, Just as many as when I did my 'carte de sejour'. My questions is concerning the following document:

'La copie intégrale ou un extrait avec filiation de leur acte de naissance'. Is this just a copy of my birth certificate, dated by the department that issues them in the UK ? Or is it something else, maybe a translation for the french authorities ? They cost £23 pounds. I have my original anyway. Will this be enough ?

There must be people out there who have done 'Le PACSER'. Thanks for any advise.

Eddie
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:27 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PACS in France

Hiya Eddie,

I haven't done a PACS with my partner when I lived in France, although it was something we thought about so have investigated it

The document you'd need would be your full birth certificate, with both your parents' name on it. I'm guessing it will have to be translated as well, either by an approved translator from your local Prefecture or any translator. I think my mom went to any translator for when she applied for French citizenship a few years ago but things might have changed

A copy should do, I remember when I was in France you could have certified copies done at the Mairie, not sure if they still do it though?

Hope this helps a bit

Jen

Originally Posted by Eddiebabie
Hi, I'm investigating how to do a civil partnership with my french girlfriend. I'm a UK national living and working here in France. The civil partnership or PACS as it is called here requires a lot of documents, Just as many as when I did my 'carte de sejour'. My questions is concerning the following document:

'La copie intégrale ou un extrait avec filiation de leur acte de naissance'. Is this just a copy of my birth certificate, dated by the department that issues them in the UK ? Or is it something else, maybe a translation for the french authorities ? They cost £23 pounds. I have my original anyway. Will this be enough ?

There must be people out there who have done 'Le PACSER'. Thanks for any advise.

Eddie
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Hi Jen,

Many thanks for your reply. I have my original copy of my birth certificate. So this sounds easier than I thought (well maybe). I have to go to get other documents arranged with a lawyer or 'notaire' to say I am entering into this contract, I agree to the terms etc etc. They love documenet here in France. Okay I will check this point about the birth certificate at that moment with the notaire. Many thanks Jen and Expats discussion forum,

Cheers,

Eddie

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Hiya Eddie,

I haven't done a PACS with my partner when I lived in France, although it was something we thought about so have investigated it

The document you'd need would be your full birth certificate, with both your parents' name on it. I'm guessing it will have to be translated as well, either by an approved translator from your local Prefecture or any translator. I think my mom went to any translator for when she applied for French citizenship a few years ago but things might have changed

A copy should do, I remember when I was in France you could have certified copies done at the Mairie, not sure if they still do it though?

Hope this helps a bit

Jen
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

shazzashinfrance is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Eddiebabie;4456970]
Bonsoir Eddie
We are at the moment preparing for our PACS - its quite straightforward but you will need a FULL copy of your Birth Certificate.
Do you now live in France ? I think that the PACS is easier if you have a French address??
When we are "readt", will let you know the "do's" and "don'ts"!
Bon chance!
Shaz
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Shaz,

Yes I live in France. Been here for over 10yrs now. Great place. For me and the PACS, I have my original birth certificate, no probs. Sent that and my Passport off to the British Embassy Paris and the cheque for 64€ for the 'cert de coutume'. Have you done this part ? Only concern is what's this about 'acte de naissance' has to be dated or something (todays date). I know my girlfriend just goes down to the Marie and gets one dated with todays date, easy like. I'm not sure if this is the 'cert de coutume', or I need to confirm with a 'noitaire' (lawyer) about this, and get a registerred document explaining my birth cert is correct etc. Then everything is fine normally. Lot's of red tape as ever [QUOTE=shazzashinfrance;4481389]
Originally Posted by Eddiebabie
Bonsoir Eddie
We are at the moment preparing for our PACS - its quite straightforward but you will need a FULL copy of your Birth Certificate.
Do you now live in France ? I think that the PACS is easier if you have a French address??
When we are "readt", will let you know the "do's" and "don'ts"!
Bon chance!
Shaz
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

shazzashinfrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
Just catching up to see if you've got any further with your PACS? Hope all is going well with you both.
Bon chance!
Sharon et Isabelle