Orange TV box

Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:43 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange TV box

Originally Posted by loy loy
Is there a French version of this? so we can get French TV?
I don't know, you would have to search Google for "French TV via Internet".

Also, that said not available outside of UK when I looked around the site.
The $64,000 question is how does it know that you are not in the UK? Have a look at this thread, post #50 onwards:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/lab-9...-856620/page2/
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this info

You're in France. Have you thought about an antenna ?
Old Dec 8th 2015, 10:41 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Having checked there is an app for TV d'Orange so just download it to your computer, log on with your Orange username and password and then you'll have all the French TV you could ever want (assuming you are subscribed to an Orange TV bouquet).
Old Dec 9th 2015, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

A couple of questions here I will try to answer.

We pay for TV through orange, however we are yet to find anyone who will go onto our roof to fix a dish, they say it's too dangerous as it 4 stories high.

We don't really want to sit around a PC as a family.

We do have UK TV through a Humax box, until we solve the French TV problem I wouldn't mind getting our other TV in the back room (set aside for French TV) working with it so I can listen to football on radio 5 while cooking. The BBC app cuts out for live sport and I cant find a reliable free VPN in the Apple store.

None of it is a big deal though, I was just wondering.

We also subscribe to Netflix via the playstation.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 1:37 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Doh, you connect the PC to the TV
Old Dec 9th 2015, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Doh, you connect the PC to the TV

haha, we've bought a Mac, which was a bit of an error, we don't know how to use it so it pretty much stays closed. Should have bought a windows OS. gawd knows why we changed.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 5:15 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of questions here I will try to answer.

We pay for TV through orange, however we are yet to find anyone who will go onto our roof to fix a dish, they say it's too dangerous as it 4 stories high.

We do have UK TV through a Humax box, until we solve the French TV problem I wouldn't mind getting our other TV in the back room (set aside for French TV) working with it so I can listen to football on radio 5 while cooking. The BBC app cuts out for live sport and I cant find a reliable free VPN in the Apple store.

None of it is a big deal though, I was just wondering.

We also subscribe to Netflix via the playstation.
You are in a TNT zone "terrestrial digital tv" so have you like Novo suggested tried a good old fashioned antenna and what is confining the dish to the roof even in old houses they can be fixed to walls here.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

haha, we've bought a Mac, which was a bit of an error, we don't know how to use it so it pretty much stays closed. Should have bought a windows OS. gawd knows why we changed.
A new Mac. Cool move. Definitely not something to have buyers remorse about. An hour or two of basics and you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. Is it a desktop or laptop? May I inquire which model?
If you need any assistance pls send me a PM, and I'll be delighted to help.
First quick tips:
i) Unless it came installed as default, don't rush to upgrade to the latest operating system El Capitan (OS 10.11), stay with Yosemite (10.10), or even Mavericks (10.9)
ii) Download and install Firefox web browser and set up the basic security features. (Safari is the default web browser, but I rarely use it).
iii) Set up Finder preferences.

iv) THIS tutorial should help understand the basics of Yosemite.
Spoiler:

v) THIS tutorial should help understand the basics of El Capitan.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Dec 9th 2015 at 5:58 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 8:00 pm
The Grocer

TheGrocer is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a download for internet above 2mbps use "FILMON.COM
you'll get all the channels (inc UK) FREE in standard definition. If you want HD there's a charge......
Old Dec 9th 2015, 9:29 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm completely gobsmacked by this remark.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 10:27 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Yes, I've lost the plot too!
Old Dec 10th 2015, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'm completely gobsmacked by this remark.
I'm not too surprised.
Although unusual, I do hear on occasion of folks who are unable to adjust to the change from MS Windows to Mac OS. I have a brother who announced to me that he & his wife sold their Mac some 10 years ago because they were, "Unable to use it."
Today however most vendors will take you through the basic functions before (or even after) purchase. That together with the excellent tutorials that can be found on line should suffice to get one up and running within an hour or two.

Loy loy, back to your dilemma.......
I have great difficulty in understanding why you cannot find anyone to get up on the roof to install a standard tv antenna.
I could understand an aerial contractor bulking at walking up the Eiffel tower to install one, but a 4 storey building should be part of his everyday tasks. If you've had one refusal by a guy who perhaps suffers from acrophobia or even bataphobia, I'd say he's in the wrong job.
Simply give a call to 2 or 3 others and get a quotation. It's not as if you're in the back of beyond. I'd be amazed if there aren't several tv aerial installation guys in Colomiers for example.
This time next week you could be watching Downton Abbey in French on TMC.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 6:39 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I'm not too surprised.
Although unusual, I do hear on occasion of folks who are unable to adjust to the change from MS Windows to Mac OS. I have a brother who announced to me that he & his wife sold their Mac some 10 years ago because they were, "Unable to use it."
Today however most vendors will take you through the basic functions before (or even after) purchase. That together with the excellent tutorials that can be found on line should suffice to get one up and running within an hour or two.

Loy loy, back to your dilemma.......
I have great difficulty in understanding why you cannot find anyone to get up on the roof to install a standard tv antenna.
I could understand an aerial contractor bulking at walking up the Eiffel tower to install one, but a 4 storey building should be part of his everyday tasks. If you've had one refusal by a guy who perhaps suffers from acrophobia or even bataphobia, I'd say he's in the wrong job.
Simply give a call to 2 or 3 others and get a quotation. It's not as if you're in the back of beyond. I'd be amazed if there aren't several tv aerial installation guys in Colomiers for example.
This time next week you could be watching Downton Abbey in French on TMC.
Not to mention every plant hire business within France tends to have cherry pickers "4 wheeled extending arm lift's"
Old Dec 10th 2015, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

we bought the Mac because we have iphones and ipads etc and thought it would be easier. But we just can't get on with it. Because We both use PC's for work, it's not so important for us to use the Mac.

It's not easy getting people to gives us quotes for things you know. We have asked 3 people to give us a quote for knocking down a barn, still no one has arrived. 3 people to paint our shutters, no one arrived.

We have only asked 2 people about the aerial.

It took us nearly 7 weeks to get someone to give us quote for new pellet burner. We have just had it installed and it is amazing, but it burns the pellets pretty wildly.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
A new Mac. Cool move. Definitely not something to have buyers remorse about. An hour or two of basics and you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. Is it a desktop or laptop? May I inquire which model?
If you need any assistance pls send me a PM, and I'll be delighted to help.
First quick tips:
i) Unless it came installed as default, don't rush to upgrade to the latest operating system El Capitan (OS 10.11), stay with Yosemite (10.10), or even Mavericks (10.9)
ii) Download and install Firefox web browser and set up the basic security features. (Safari is the default web browser, but I rarely use it).
iii) Set up Finder preferences.

iv) THIS tutorial should help understand the basics of Yosemite.
v) THIS tutorial should help understand the basics of El Capitan.

ooh wow thanks, it's the macbook pro. and I think it has updated the OS.

I'll look at those links tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.