Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

New travel regulations, uk to France

New travel regulations, uk to France

Old May 26th 2021, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Countryreverie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New travel regulations, uk to France

My wife is due to fly to France from London on 3rd June. I am resident in France, freshly CdS'd. My wife is a UK resident, fiscally registered in Uk. In normal times ( remember them ? ) she spends half her time in UK and half in our house in France. I take regular trips for short breaks when she is in London where she has been since December. She works in London when she is there. I've looked at the list of Motifs Imperieux. The key one for us is " married couple of whom one is established abroad for professional reasons". Now strictly speaking the reason for staying in London for the time being is not straightforward. It's a mixture of Brexit complications, young grandchildren, an aged mother to name a few. However, she has also continued her long-term self-employed work in London.
So the bottom line is, is this clearly within the definition I've mentioned above or , for instance, is it designed for professionals on short term contracts out of France ? I can't find any further clarification of the phrase or what justacatif may be required. Anyone want to weigh in on this ? Thanks
And, not sure it makes a difference but she has an Irish passport.

Last edited by Countryreverie; May 26th 2021 at 11:18 pm. Reason: Further thought
Old May 27th 2021, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New travel regulations, uk to France

Originally Posted by Countryreverie
I've looked at the list of Motifs Imperieux.
Is this a brand new list of motifs impérieux announced since yesterday, that you've looked at? Because AFAIK motifs impérieux haven't been a thing for a month or so. Since April (I think) up until the brand new quarantine requirement, France had no particular restrictions on UK residents entering France beyond a negative PCR test and 7 days' quarantine "on your honour", and obviously complying with curfew and French Covid rules whilst here. But you didn't need to give a reason for coming to France..
However I haven't seen details of the yesterday's announcement.
Old May 27th 2021, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Countryreverie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New travel regulations, uk to France

I was looking at a list on the local which has several " extra reasons" indicated , one of which I have quoted above. You are right though that there appears to be no updated list yet on the official sites.Hopefully they will make an announcement quickly as our situation is a bit pressing.