Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

New to Dordogne - Workers Needed!

New to Dordogne - Workers Needed!

Old Jan 7th 2019, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Aquarius_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Dordogne - Workers Needed!

Hey!
My name is Sian. I'm English and was born in the UK, living most of my life there! I've been travelling for the last 6 years around Europe, Asia, Australia & New Zealand.
I now live and work back in the UK as a Property Manager/Designer and I'm helping to renovate our house in Dordogne.

We have a lot of work to do and I would absolutely love to hear from anyone with any great recommendations for builders, plasterers, plumbers, electricians and various other trades.
My French is not up to scratch yet so anyone English speaking would be preferred for now. Also, any advise on local shops for furniture, market days and any cultural inspiration I can get would be much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some friends while I'm around.

My interests and hobbies include: classic cars (especially Volkswagens - I own a MK1 Golf), exploring (new) local cuisine and culture, history, books and keeping fit!
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Dordogne - Workers Needed!

Originally Posted by Aquarius_
Hey!
My name is Sian. I'm English and was born in the UK, living most of my life there! I've been travelling for the last 6 years around Europe, Asia, Australia & New Zealand.
I now live and work back in the UK as a Property Manager/Designer and I'm helping to renovate our house in Dordogne.

We have a lot of work to do and I would absolutely love to hear from anyone with any great recommendations for builders, plasterers, plumbers, electricians and various other trades.
My French is not up to scratch yet so anyone English speaking would be preferred for now. Also, any advise on local shops for furniture, market days and any cultural inspiration I can get would be much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some friends while I'm around.

My interests and hobbies include: classic cars (especially Volkswagens - I own a MK1 Golf), exploring (new) local cuisine and culture, history, books and keeping fit!
Welcome to the forum
Exciting times ahead for you! And being interested in local cuisine and culture etc, Dordogne should suit you down to the ground.
Can't help with local recommendations I'm afraid, but just in case you're not familiar with how things work in France, should perhaps add, please make sure that all artisans you use are correctly registered in the French system and hold the legally required insurances for their trade. French rules about these kind of regs are far stricter than in the UK and more carefully enforced. The obligation here is always on the client to check that any service provider they use is correctly registered. You can end up in bad trouble for paying money to someone who turns out to be working "on the black".
Old Jan 9th 2019, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Peter219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sian
Have pm'd you
Peter
Old Jan 9th 2019, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Aquarius_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys so much for the info

Really appreciate it!