Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

New "Carrefour Market" in Bram

New "Carrefour Market" in Bram

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default New "Carrefour Market" in Bram

For those of you living in the area Carcassonne/Castelnaudary who may not already know it, there is a new "Carrefour Market" (the converted and relocated "Champion") supermarket now open in BRAM.

Till now, we Carrefour fans have had to drive to Narbonne or Toulouse, but Bram is much closer!

If I am allowed to give this link as information (I am not a shareholder of Carrefour!!!)
http://www.carrefour.fr/magasin/market-bram
There is a special opening promotion till this Saturday. We are going to visit for two reasons.
- Transfer our Champion Fidelity Card to Carrefour Market to retain the points/advantages
- To take advantage of the special promotions till Saturday.

I had heard of this conversion, but until my visit to Bram for another reason yesterday, I was not aware that the new shop was open - just off the roundabout - on the left - immediately after exiting the motorway.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:31 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New "Carrefour Market" in Bram

Originally Posted by Roger O
For those of you living in the area Carcassonne/Castelnaudary who may not already know it, there is a new "Carrefour Market" (the converted and relocated "Champion") supermarket now open in BRAM.

Till now, we Carrefour fans have had to drive to Narbonne or Toulouse, but Bram is much closer!

If I am allowed to give this link as information (I am not a shareholder of Carrefour!!!)
http://www.carrefour.fr/magasin/market-bram
There is a special opening promotion till this Saturday. We are going to visit for two reasons.
- Transfer our Champion Fidelity Card to Carrefour Market to retain the points/advantages
- To take advantage of the special promotions till Saturday.

I had heard of this conversion, but until my visit to Bram for another reason yesterday, I was not aware that the new shop was open - just off the roundabout - on the left - immediately after exiting the motorway.
Bit of a useless facts post this

All Champion`s are being rebranded as Carrefour, Smaller ones become Carrefour Markets. Shopi is the next rebranding Phase. Wal Mart and Tesco produce more profit but Carrefour has the worlds largest super market chain turnover.

Whilst we are on the subject of big chains B and Q is owned by the same people that own Brico Depot Castorama and Screwfix (Kingfisher)
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

All Champion`s are being rebranded as Carrefour, Smaller ones become Carrefour Markets
Yes, perhaps most people may know that - but I was happy to learn about the one in Bram (who knows all the timetables of conversion of their local Champion outlets?) by reason of a chance visit and seeing the Carrefour sign already installed as I left the motorway. Further, as it's just opened and there is a 50% promotion till Saturday, I thought the odd one or two may be happy to know!

Anything wrong with that?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:24 am

Yes, perhaps most people may know that - but I was happy to learn about the one in Bram (who knows all the timetables of conversion of their local Champion outlets?) by reason of a chance visit and seeing the Carrefour sign already installed as I left the motorway. Further, as it's just opened and there is a 50% promotion till Saturday, I thought the odd one or two may be happy to know!

Anything wrong with that?
"Without Prejudice"
Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine praevia lege poenali

I was referring to my post being the useless facts post

I apologise unreservedly for any confusion caused

Back to the Steelbeasts Battlefield.

Zero this is Hotel 23 Alpha Contact Waitout...............................
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Our local Champion converted to Carrefour Market last year. A lot of locals were upset by the name, the English use of market instead of French marche (sorry this laptop doesn't have accents!). I guess it is a marketing ploy to attract shoppers from UK.
Apart from the specials, prices are much more expensive than our local E.Leclerc or SuperU.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:56 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Our local Champion converted to Carrefour Market last year. A lot of locals were upset by the name, the English use of market instead of French marche (sorry this laptop doesn't have accents!). I guess it is a marketing ploy to attract shoppers from UK.
Apart from the specials, prices are much more expensive than our local E.Leclerc or SuperU.
Le Mutant is or was even cheaper!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Never heard of Le Mutant till now - so took a look. As far as I can see it's limited to the west of France for now but moving East and has reached dept. 31 (Toulouse?) which would still be a good hour's motorway drive from us - thereby negating price advantage by tolls and fuel costs!

Anyway, there are certain Carrefour products we happen to like, such as their pain bio which can be stored in deepfreeze and is nice with certain cheeses in winter. It has a certain sourdough taste which seems fairly unique. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference..

PS VAL50 Your signature
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. Marie Sklodowska Curie
It's a nice philosophy - but I guess she never inadvertently stood in the savannah between a charging lioness and its prey, nor was ever in a fragile canoe on the Zambesi caught between between two rival male hippos either (just two of many examples where real fear is justified!!)

Last edited by Roger O; Sep 23rd 2009 at 6:20 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:50 pm

PS VAL50 Your signature
It's a nice philosophy - but I guess she never inadvertently stood in the savannah between a charging lioness and its prey, nor was ever in a fragile canoe on the Zambesi caught between between two rival male hippos either (just two of many examples where real fear is justified!!)
Animals are child's play especially when these days Fear related to animals is only found on a purchased holiday that goes a little off piste, If you want real fear step on to a modern battlefield, Knowing you may die in an old fashioned way.

Fear is your greatest allie, Because without fear there is no Epinephrine and without that one would become as responsive as a slug.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Sep 23rd 2009 at 7:13 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, Sir!
I've spent real fear time in Beirut, Caracas Venezuela, Santiago de Chile, Lagos Nigeria and Harare Zimbabwe - oh yes, and when I was much, much younger, holed up in Sid's Caff in Bexleyheath, of all places, with the "Teds" out in force on the rampage!!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:30 pm

Yes, Sir!
I've spent real fear time in Beirut, Caracas Venezuela, Santiago de Chile, Lagos Nigeria and Harare Zimbabwe - oh yes, and when I was much, much younger, holed up in Sid's Caff in Bexleyheath, of all places, with the "Teds" out in force on the rampage!!

The only thing that scares me are the stranger variants of Fish Sauce, Daily Telegraph Readers that harp on about Binge Drinking

And yes Patrick probably did remake the scene on the way out

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Sep 25th 2009 at 4:39 pm.