Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Micro Entreprise

Micro Entreprise

Old Feb 12th 2023, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Micro Entreprise

My husband started a micro entreprise in jan 2022 and I am conjoint collaborateur.

Urssaf told me they are not able to allow me to pay social security contributions, because they have problems with their informatic system. As soon as the problems are solved, they will contact me.
I called, contacted them again and again and every time the same answer.

Today I found an english article about the same problem. The article was published in 2020 !!!!! So this problem is old and I don't think Urssaf will solve it ever.

For me it is vital that I will pay for a future french pension.
Some of you are in the same situation?

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2023, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Micro Entreprise

Originally Posted by Pilou
My husband started a micro entreprise in jan 2022 and I am conjoint collaborateur.

Urssaf told me they are not able to allow me to pay social security contributions, because they have problems with their informatic system. As soon as the problems are solved, they will contact me.
I called, contacted them again and again and every time the same answer.

Today I found an english article about the same problem. The article was published in 2020 !!!!! So this problem is old and I don't think Urssaf will solve it ever.

For me it is vital that I will pay for a future french pension.
Some of you are in the same situation?

Thanks
Commiserations.
But you shouldn't have mentioned micro entreprise and pensions, you've got me started now!
Once upon a time I had 30+ trimestres on record with la Cipav.
Now I want to claim my pension. La Cipav's website redirects me to the assuranceretraite website so I assume la Cipav has shunted me off. According to my relevé de carrière on assurance retraite, they have no information for those 10 years I was paying la Cipav. There's a page where you are supposed to be able to complete missing information on your carrière, but in order to do that you first have to select your statut, and there is no option on the drop down list for micro entrepreneur. So I can't correct it.
I suppose it'll all get sorted out in the end. But I paid my cotisations and I would have quite liked to be able to claim my pension before I'm dead.

I didn't know about your particular problem, Pilou, but I'm not surprised. It's a shambles.

Look on the bright side though - eventually they will sort out their technology and collect your cotisations retrospectively, and you will have the same rights as if they'd been collected at the right time, so in effect URSSAF are giving you an interest-free loan.

Maybe it's a hangover from dismantling RSI. RSI was Dysfunctional with a capital D, but at the moment you almost wish they'd left things as they were.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Micro Entreprise

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Commiserations.
But you shouldn't have mentioned micro entreprise and pensions, you've got me started now!
Once upon a time I had 30+ trimestres on record with la Cipav.
Now I want to claim my pension. La Cipav's website redirects me to the assuranceretraite website so I assume la Cipav has shunted me off. According to my relevé de carrière on assurance retraite, they have no information for those 10 years I was paying la Cipav. There's a page where you are supposed to be able to complete missing information on your carrière, but in order to do that you first have to select your statut, and there is no option on the drop down list for micro entrepreneur. So I can't correct it.
I suppose it'll all get sorted out in the end. But I paid my cotisations and I would have quite liked to be able to claim my pension before I'm dead.

I didn't know about your particular problem, Pilou, but I'm not surprised. It's a shambles.

Look on the bright side though - eventually they will sort out their technology and collect your cotisations retrospectively, and you will have the same rights as if they'd been collected at the right time, so in effect URSSAF are giving you an interest-free loan.

Maybe it's a hangover from dismantling RSI. RSI was Dysfunctional with a capital D, but at the moment you almost wish they'd left things as they were.
I hope you will receive your pension soon!

It is ashame that in a huge european country like France the government and public institutions are not able to apply their own laws and regulations.

I read somewhere that Urssaf came with the following solution for the conjoint/ collaborateur:
Split the busines with your husband and start a micro entreprise on your own. When this person sais that splitting the chiffre d'affaire would result in lower pension rights, the Urssaf's solution was " do as if your trunover is higher".