Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Looking for English natives around Avignon or Carpentras (Vaucluse)

Looking for English natives around Avignon or Carpentras (Vaucluse)

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

flotrads is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for English natives around Avignon or Carpentras (Vaucluse)

Hi everyone,

My name is Florence, I am a French native freelance translator living near Avignon, in the South East of France.
I have lived in UK for a few years and therefore speak English fluently, but since I left GB more than 10 years ago, I haven't had the opportunity to practice my oral English (only written English as part of my daily job). I miss it a lot and would love to meet English natives living around here to have informal chats now and then. This would allow me to practice a bit and in exchange, I could help with French, or even provide assistance with any procedures, administrative stuff, etc.
Anyone interested, please contact me!

Florence
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 6:47 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for English natives around Avignon or Carpentras (Vaucluse)

Originally Posted by flotrads
Hi everyone,

My name is Florence, I am a French native freelance translator living near Avignon, in the South East of France.
I have lived in UK for a few years and therefore speak English fluently, but since I left GB more than 10 years ago, I haven't had the opportunity to practice my oral English (only written English as part of my daily job). I miss it a lot and would love to meet English natives living around here to have informal chats now and then. This would allow me to practice a bit and in exchange, I could help with French, or even provide assistance with any procedures, administrative stuff, etc.

Florence
Welcome to the Forum
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 6:58 am
Just Joined

djstu_d is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Florence
Hi Flo.

I've just moved to Salon and apart from my girlfriend & french teacher, i haven't come across any english people to chat too !!

So if you want to hook up for a coffee, if your in the area, then feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers.

Stu
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Stu!

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, Salon is a bit far from where I live. But if you ever come to Avignon some day, I'll be happy to meet you!

Florence
Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:03 am
Just Joined

quirky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Folrence,

I'm English and live in Carpentras with my husband and I'd be happy to get together for a chat if you like?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi!

Thanks for your message. I would love to meet some time for a coffee, either in Carpentras or somewhere else.
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] when you are available.

Kind regards
Florence
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

joshuagood is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Florence.

My name is Joshua Good and I'm working down here in Provence. I started in December, have been home for christmas and have just got back to a place near Vanesque/Carpantras(yesterday), and will be here possibly until May!!

I work outside and I am building a garden for a client and am now looking at getting some help with French as my french speaking is sooo poor it's nearly non existent! I would like to learn the basics first and foremost and, well, I'm not sure!

I work lots so evenings are good for me, I dont know if you may like to go for a chat, maybe give me some advice on finding a teacher or just get me out of the house for an hour and have a giggle and talk English at me!

I was looking on the net for some french teachers and found your advert and just thought i'd send u a quick email!

I hope that you are well. Oh! Happy new year!
(SNIP)

Regards Josh

Hi everyone,

Florence

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 4th 2012 at 4:17 pm. Reason: email addy removed for your safety