Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

learn french in france for a year?

learn french in france for a year?

Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default learn french in france for a year?

What would be the best way for me to go about learning french in france for, say, a year after I finish college?
What are good schools etc. to do that?
(I have looked online, but I cant tell which have a good name or are just trying to make money.)
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: learn french in france for a year?

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
What would be the best way for me to go about learning french in france for, say, a year after I finish college?
(I have looked online, but I cant tell which have a good name or are just trying to make money.)

if you have the basics then thats great "way better than when i got here "

now drop all the exact french as its little used and differs from area to area anyway.

school
??? no go there/here and learn it the hard way, the slang, which is all over the place, the fact that english keeps slipping in. The fact 'most' french understand english but cant speak it. Deep end no school.

do not go to paris .... well do its a fantastic city, but you wont learn french there!

go to far south and you'll not understand them and get a spanish twang in french, too far east german, south east italian, west-central errrr well perhaps not britanny though.

north you'll get the flemish french

some one shoot me down its what i have seen, i can pick up variations of language if they use english odd eh
???? can even tell someone is from Lyon if they try english LOL

PS learn paris french they'll all know!!! you swear a lot! I do they always ask how long i was in paris ???......... creepy
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
A friend of mine did a crash course for 6 months in Lille. It was filled with business people and was quite costly. I came over with GCSE French and got thrown in the deep end. I improved my listening by watching TV! There are French language schools in UK which may be an alternative. Or you ask them about reputable schools in France.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Sorry the course was 6 weeks not 6 months.