le press

Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:56 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default le press

A difference between here and there, France and the UK is in the way the press report things. For example, I read today in Liberation that on the 14th July there were some 600 vehicles set alight in various locations in France. Imagine what the Sun/Mail would have made of that. Is this a good approach I wonder.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: le press

I don't read the French press as often as I should, but they do seem to underplay crime. I never see countless stories of youths being stabbed to death on a daily basis. 600 cars! Damn, I'm glad I don't own one anymore! Imagine what they'd do to an English numberplate on a public road.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:13 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by treskillard
A difference between here and there, France and the UK is in the way the press report things. For example, I read today in Liberation that on the 14th July there were some 600 vehicles set alight in various locations in France. Imagine what the Sun/Mail would have made of that. Is this a good approach I wonder.
As in the past, one wonders the cars that are fired are for the insurance claim.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:12 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of the press, and specifically how newspapers report stuff and who reads them, anyone remember this?

Hope the link works - first time I have done it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdMFRwztl4

Always makes me fall about ................

Andy
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

It seems a much more sensible approach to me. The Mail would have had us believe it was WWIII breaking out and the fault of either, immigrants, the credit crunch or Gordon Brown or even the French!!!
It just seems more responsible reporting. Read a scaremongering headline in the likes of the Mail then read the words carefully and spot the difference.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:27 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
It seems a much more sensible approach to me. The Mail would have had us believe it was WWIII breaking out and the fault of either, immigrants, the credit crunch or Gordon Brown or even the French!!!
It just seems more responsible reporting. Read a scaremongering headline in the likes of the Mail then read the words carefully and spot the difference.
Ah the Mail God I hate that paper and yet some people swear by it rather than at it. Each to their own. Should put that in pointless comments. Still the British gutter press is not something I miss. Looking at the 'top stories' in today's Mail it seems that politics etc is not really top of the agenda.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:12 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. With all the important issues going on at the moment, G8 summit, glaciers melting, countries where children of 6 years old have to work, dreadful wars going on, recession approaching, reposessions up 20%, etc etc etc what was a lead item on the BBC News channel last week?

"Olympic Cat Lured Out of Hiding by Plate of Chicken"

Oh boy is it "silly season" ............

I sure hope that Olympic Cat wins a gold medal in it's particular sport after all this .................