Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Ka Ora!'s help needed

Ka Ora!'s help needed

Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

peut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nice
Default Ka Ora!'s help needed

Hi, maybe plenty of other posters who can help, but I believe that Ka Ora is knowledgeable on matters such as this.
Am trying to get a picture on the kitchen old Sony tv, which is not digitally "programmed" or whatever the phrase is.
Have got a Thomson set top box, which I have connected up and it comes on and I can get the menu etc, but I don't know which scart socket to use as there are 3 on the back of the t.v. I have googled it but am given so much info. that I'm lost.
Any help out there, please? Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:21 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ka Ora!'s help needed

Originally Posted by peut-etre
Hi, maybe plenty of other posters who can help, but I believe that Ka Ora is knowledgeable on matters such as this.
Am trying to get a picture on the kitchen old Sony tv, which is not digitally "programmed" or whatever the phrase is.
Have got a Thomson set top box, which I have connected up and it comes on and I can get the menu etc, but I don't know which scart socket to use as there are 3 on the back of the t.v. I have googled it but am given so much info. that I'm lost.
Any help out there, please? Thanks.
Could you use the audio and video leads? White/red/yellow. Does the set top box have those connections?
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

peut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nicepeut-etre is just really nice

Thanks for the swift reply. The stb has just one scart socket, the t.v. has three, one black and two orange coloured, from left to right.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:40 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peut-etre
Thanks for the swift reply. The stb has just one scart socket, the t.v. has three, one black and two orange coloured, from left to right.
That't that plan out the window then..sorry can't help further.
KA ORA where are you?
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:51 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
That't that plan out the window then..sorry can't help further.
KA ORA where are you?
Try each one, black first (unless you've done this). Assume Scarts are not marked in any way; there is a symbol, bit like a crooked fork to look for. 3 Scarts suggest more modern than you believe. Assume no HDMI connectors on either?
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:03 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick it in the first one one AV1, It shouldnt really matter which one it goes in to really, But make sure the scart on the top set box is a signal out scart, Switch the telly on then the top set box and in might auto select the channel. If not look for an AV/Source button on the remote "Sometimes just a square box with a arrow"
Old Aug 16th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. I've always read the help you've given people with stuff that a lot of us don't understand, apart from if it works or not.